Advertisement

Author Topic: Life is like a box of chocolate..you never know what you're gonna get.  (Read 44131 times)

superchick

Re: Life is like a box of chocolate..you never know what you're gonna get.
« Reply #225 on: October 30, 2013, 03:35:51 PM »
do you go fishing by yourself?  you don't see too many girls that do that.
in MN, there are some hmong women that go hunting without their husbands.
it's funny, but cool.

Hello. I have not. I usually take my son with me but even that's not safe.  There's been recent stories of people getting robbed while fishing so I've been holdin off on fishing.  I truly enjoy the peace of mind fishing brings and of course, the fight. :) I'm not sure if I'll ever hunt.  I would like to get my safety class completed in a few months so I can finally buy a firearm.  I've only been to the shooting range a couple of times but I find shooting to be a fun and useful skill. :)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

superchick

« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2013, 01:56:25 PM »
Hello November.

Can't believe there's only 54 days left until 2014 is here.  This year has flown by so quickly. :(  definitely a lot of lessons learned and a bit if growing within. Going to try and enjoy the home stretch to the new year. :)

Had the famous Squeeze Inn burger with the cheese skirt the other day.  Made this my last burger of the year. 

superchick

« Reply #227 on: December 09, 2013, 01:02:15 AM »
Dear December,

I don't remember you being so cold. Shame on whoever brought this artic cold to the west!  There's a reason why I live in Cali and not the Midwest where it's freezing!  :( so cold my bones shiver.

Please bring back some sun.. Thanks in advance.

*sigh*

Besides working crazy hours (which I don't mind), there's been a lot on my mind.  I almost self medicated last night just so I wouldn't have to think about anything.  Some days I feel like my brain is flooded with thoughts.. Hundreds of thoughts.. I can't even finish one before the next one starts.  :( 
It's never ending.  I keep telling myself one thing at a time but I know there's a stack of crap right after the next. *sigh* can I be 5 years old again? Or another age when I didn't have to pay bills and all I had to do was go to school and learn? Such wishful thinking. 

I shouldn't complain. Life is good. Life is good.  :)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:06:26 AM by superchick »

superchick

« Reply #228 on: January 01, 2014, 11:18:53 PM »
Happy New Year.   :)

Last night, as I was laying on the couch watching my son play COD (ok, I wasn't really watching him play).. but nonetheless, I was recapping 2013 in my head.. and though I can't say it was a GREAT year, I really don't think it was such a bad year either.  I traveled across the states.  I learned a lot about myself and the people around me. I opened my eyes and stopped making excuses.  I let go of things that were out of my control and took accountability for things I could.  I grew (a little) :) which is what matters to me.

So, 2014, the plan is,.. to live a little more & love a little more. And of course, lose the weight I managed to gain in 2013.  haha  First on the list is that promotion I've been waiting on. Wish me luck!!  :)

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:21:03 PM by superchick »

superchick

« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2014, 03:07:54 AM »
Speaking of hypocrites...  8)

superchick

Hello. 

It's hard to believe half the year has already passed..  Where has time gone?  8) 

Life has been... Awkwardly eventful.  (Much more than I'd like.)  nonetheless, I am grateful.. For life, for people, for my job, for love, and for the ability to forgive others.  Although the other day, I wondered about the big guy and his home (mostly out of curiosity, but I might've needed some help with faith).  Anyhow, the responses from friends were comforting and gave me hope.  Almost made me want to pick up the holy book (I think I have one laying around somewhere). I never understood it, why people put their life in his hands, and ask for guidance or forgiveness, but now, it all makes sense. This led to a very nice conversation with my first cousin whom I just bumped into a few weeks ago while in Fresno.  We probably see each other once a year if even but she has a heart of gold. :) we spoke briefly about life, mostly mine and how crazy it's been, which was nice.  (I think I really needed a shoulder that day).

Today, I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my cousin.  I've never been a big fan of flowers. I mean, they're pretty, but today, the flowers were beautiful.  The white roses were perfect in every way.  Probably because the note was written with a love like no other. :)

superchick

« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2014, 10:36:39 PM »
Lets talk about people who call and cry about how awful they are being treated.  Well, if you're still there then it must not be bad enough.  So stay there until you have the balls to walk away without looking back.  And stop wasting my free minutes because I sure as hell have better things to do than listen to the same sob story over and over and over again!  Seriously!  Grow up and take care of your shit for once. 

Like this post: +1

minorcharacter

« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2014, 09:00:25 AM »
My friend and I have a saying.  "I'll help you out, but at least meet me half way."

superchick

« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2014, 02:05:46 AM »
Interesting how people change when they go from having everything to having nothing.

superchick

« Reply #234 on: September 03, 2014, 11:22:25 AM »
Hello September. 

Can I just start by saying, old habits die hard.  :-\  and add that being nice has become my biggest flaw.  :-\  seriously not looking to benefit from anyone but being unappreciated seem to have become the norm here.  It's gonna be my way or the highway, and there's no apology coming with that. 

Hope you grow a pimple inside your nostril!

superchick

« Reply #235 on: October 02, 2014, 09:33:17 PM »
Is it really October?  :o

Excited for cooler weather.. Boots, sweaters, and toe socks! Hopefully we will get some rain on the west coast.  This drought is killing us!

I don't mention work a whole lot but there are some rather big changes.  A lot of new team members and movement due to restructuring.  All exciting but scary at the same time and definitely looking forward to more promotions as the company expands.  But before all of that, we must first get through another busy season. :)

So far, the house has been cozy.  A lot of room and not enough furniture.  But in time, it will be furnished.  Trying not going to buy anything unnecessary, and hopefully the sectional gets here tomorrow.  So much for 10 days!  Next on the list are rugs, runners, and new beds.

Well, time to say so long to summer! Until next time!

superchick

« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2015, 12:12:35 AM »
Well hello.  :)

I thought it was about time to visit.  A little bit confused, that's all.  Carry on....

Advertisements