Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Polygamy in US  (Read 33039 times)

2LY

Re: Hmong Polygamy in US
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 01:19:23 PM »
I'm under 40 and got 3....

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

celi

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2013, 12:30:33 PM »
either way is a lose and lose for the new generation.... one come one go....divorce rate will stay the same....to me two wife is ok ask long as they get along and well support....

NorthToWest

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2014, 03:26:59 PM »
Who wants two wife when you can have a different one every night these days if you want to..... O0  Back in the old days you have to be married to get some loving!  Today you just have to know how to play the game guys... :2funny:

Like this post: -1

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2014, 11:53:56 AM »
Who wants two wife when you can have a different one every night these days if you want to.....

A union with a wife and a consensual sex night with a stranger are not the same things.

Today you just have to know how to play the game guys... :2funny:

And what will you get? Trashy, mentally unstable girls. No matter how "game" you think you are, you'll never get a women with a family values, empathic nature, and a good career to drop her shit and enter a polygamous union with you. Why do you think all the Hmong women who are banging hot, has an education, lives and breathe family love, and makes a comfortable living, are ending up with other-Asian and non-Asian husbands? Look around you; in a group of four Hmong guys, three of them have snot crusting on their noses, drooling from their mouth, can't change their socks, and lives in the basement and waits for mommy to cook for them.

Like this post: +1

NorthToWest

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2014, 01:15:59 PM »
A union with a wife and a consensual sex night with a stranger are not the same things.

And what will you get? Trashy, mentally unstable girls. No matter how "game" you think you are, you'll never get a women with a family values, empathic nature, and a good career to drop her shit and enter a polygamous union with you. Why do you think all the Hmong women who are banging hot, has an education, lives and breathe family love, and makes a comfortable living, are ending up with other-Asian and non-Asian husbands? Look around you; in a group of four Hmong guys, three of them have snot crusting on their noses, drooling from their mouth, can't change their socks, and lives in the basement and waits for mommy to cook for them.

If you are a man who wants two wife what do you know about a union or care about one!  It's not his problem its the two womens problem who wants to play the game with him!

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2014, 02:42:37 PM »
If you are a man who wants two wife what do you know about a union or care about one!  It's not his problem its the two womens problem who wants to play the game with him!

Actually, it is both our problem. The children born into the archetypal Hmong polygamous family are greatly prone to unplanned teen pregnancy, teenage marriage, low education, poverty, gang violence, alcohol and drug abuse, and promiscuous sex. Guess who's paying the prison electricity bills and the correctional officer wages? Guess who's paying for WIC, MFIP, and TANF? You and I, pal.

We are both Hmong, we live within the community, we are always in contact with Hmong, and we know what the hell goes on. We all know kids who were born in a polygamous family. How many of these kids had a history of gang activity, smoke cigarettes at a young age, had child(ren) when they were young, and can't get out of poverty right now?

I rest my case.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2014, 02:44:07 PM »
To answer your question.  No.

crow

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2014, 09:41:39 AM »
we need this practice to increase our population.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 01:55:06 AM »
Actually, it is both our problem. The children born into the archetypal Hmong polygamous family are greatly prone to unplanned teen pregnancy, teenage marriage, low education, poverty, gang violence, alcohol and drug abuse, and promiscuous sex. Guess who's paying the prison electricity bills and the correctional officer wages? Guess who's paying for WIC, MFIP, and TANF? You and I, pal.

We are both Hmong, we live within the community, we are always in contact with Hmong, and we know what the hell goes on. We all know kids who were born in a polygamous family. How many of these kids had a history of gang activity, smoke cigarettes at a young age, had child(ren) when they were young, and can't get out of poverty right now?

I rest my case.

Damn, Hung To Low! I'm surprised all the peeps from polygamous families have not come out in full force to hate on you. It's like saying kids from single mothers are usually at a disadvantage resulting in lower grades, problems at school, and so on. You know that would get all the single parents in here quicker than the speed of light.

But anyways, I do agree with you. Polygamy in the modern world has morphed. People are no longer required to marry to sleep with each other and have a baby. So what happens then? People divorce. There are fathers that go make babies with new mommies. There are mommies that go make babies with new daddies. We have all these blended families and children that are not living under the same roof of both biological parents. Time will tell, it always does.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 09:48:16 AM »
To answer your question.  No.

Agree, we need to dump all the bad primitive aspects of our culture or that are associated with us if we want to move forward and that includes Hmong men freely marrying multiple wives. Dumping the primitive backward bad and keeping the good is how many cultures dropped the bad apples and move forward.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2014, 10:12:18 AM »
Agree, we need to dump all the bad primitive aspects of our culture or that are associated with us if we want to move forward and that includes Hmong men freely marrying multiple wives. Dumping the primitive backward bad and keeping the good is how many cultures dropped the bad apples and move forward.

I wouldn't say cultures like American is moving forward when it comes to family structure. Just because polygamy is illegal, being in and out of divorce, having kids left and right with new partners isn't exactly moving forward either. The nature to have multiple partners have not changed, only the laws surrounding it has. Still the same rut.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2014, 03:02:11 PM »
I wouldn't say cultures like American is moving forward when it comes to family structure. Just because polygamy is illegal, being in and out of divorce, having kids left and right with new partners isn't exactly moving forward either. The nature to have multiple partners have not changed, only the laws surrounding it has. Still the same rut.

Hmmm, I smell that PH's Village Troll's B.O. again ...and it's no surprise. It just further proves my point below:

BTW, I guaradamntee again that PH's Village Troll will NOT be able to back up her past claim by continuing to "read" what I write ... ;D

It's very easy for those of us that have integrity, credibility, and are not hypocrites to back up what we say/claim.

Here's my claim again because I love proving Troll wrong:

BTW, I guaradamntee again that PH's Village Troll will NOT be able to back up her past claim by continuing to "read" what I write ... ;D

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:04:20 PM by theking »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2014, 04:52:26 PM »

Hmmm, I smell that PH's Village Troll's B.O. again ...and it's no surprise. It just further proves my point below:

It's very easy for those of us that have integrity, credibility, and are not hypocrites to back up what we say/claim.

Here's my claim again because I love proving Troll wrong:

What the hell is your problem? Why are you diverting the topic of this thread? Just because there are laws in the US that prohibit polygamy doesn't mean the problems have gone away. Until people actually practice monogamy it looks like they're just trading in one problem for another. Polygamy is not something that is widely practiced by every Hmong. In many instances it was only a bandaid to prevent a Hmong man from being promiscuous to his heart's content because his cheating ways often resulted in having to marry the mistress(es). It put some pressure and responsibility on him to at least be in the child's life should there be a pregnancy. Not only that but it gave a purpose to women who were second, third, fourth wives, and so on. Not that it was a glamorous title to be a woman filling any of those roles but at least her family and his didn't treat her like an unwedded whore.

While I do agree that it probably sucked for a woman or children to be in a polygamous relationship, what's happening in the USA is not any better for anybody either. Since marriage is no longer a consequence (even if it's polygamy), that makes it so much more convenient for the men (and now the women, too) to engage with even more multiple partners. And you can't disagree that children often suffer at the hands of their stepdad or mother's boyfriend.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2014, 04:55:05 PM »
theking,

If you're not a troll yourself and have no emotional issues, prove that you can debate or respond to my posts without your usual irrelevant jabbering that doesn't even pertain to the topic at hand.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2014, 05:20:55 PM »
What the hell is your problem?

I don't see proving Trolls that have no integrity, and credibility but full of hypocrisy wrong a "problem" as I love doing it.

I can see why you "see" it as a "problem" though. Afterall, you ARE PH's Village Troll that has no integrity, and credibility but full of hypocrisy. That's YOUR "problem", not mine!!!

Oh, just proved you wrong again due to your lack of ability to back up your claims ...And I can easily make a list of your failed Troll claims and *threat* but you already know what they are.

Watch me prove you wrong ONCE again  ;D:

Advertisements