Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Polygamy in US  (Read 33054 times)

NceegVaj

Re: Hmong Polygamy in US
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 08:20:50 AM »
I do NOT & will NOT share my man with another woman. Over my dead body is he going to bring home another woman to be his other wife. As long as I'm still with him, I am & will be his ONLY wife. Unless we're separated, then he can have ten wives for all I care. I'm usually a nice and generous lady, but when it comes down to my man, I don't share.

However, to answer the question...I don't think that it will become a trend for the younger generations. I noticed that many Hmong men and women have been married more than once or twice, but they usually get rid of the ex first before they tie the knot again with someone else.

Good. We'll wait until you are NTXHEE LI YEES.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

sprite

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 04:16:31 PM »
More people are already polygamists. Men are creating babies with different women all the time. We also have women who have babies with different daddies.

Not only is polygamy practiced more than ever now, but also polyandry.

MilesDaddy

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 11:47:15 PM »
I think it's wrong, But I really don't give a crap as long as you receive no public assistance for any of the kids......Why should I pay for your lack of ability to financially take care of the family you created

sprite

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 11:14:21 AM »
Aren't the younger generation already doing this by having children and married-like relationships with different partners?

They say they aren't legally married (whether by Hmong standards or the courts) but the way they get into co-habitation responsibiliti es like a married couple is enough to say they are acting like a marriage. And many of them do this one relationship after another, sometimes simultaneously, too.

NceegVaj

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »

Either you let them have multiple vaginas and MARRIED  --OR-- you let them have multiple vaginas WITHOUT MARRIAGE.

WHICH ONE DO YOU WANT?

sprite

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 01:38:32 PM »
Actually, it is currently practiced by both men and women.

The men have several women he lodges with. The women also have several men whom lodges with her. So not only will the practice continue it will flourish!  O0

iHATEu

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 05:08:40 PM »
hopefully polygamy don't die out. its a serviceable tool in the fight against domestic violence.

jbutton

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 05:49:50 PM »
I am observing an influx of Hmong polygamy involving men and women who are in the age range of my parents (roughly 44-50) right now.  Does anyone think that this will become a trend among our younger Hmong generations in the US?

There are young educated Hmong men in their 40s wanting to have both world.  They want to keep their first wife and yet have a second wife from Laos.  It's more common these days.

Try and Try Again

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 12:17:23 PM »
I am observing an influx of Hmong polygamy involving men and women who are in the age range of my parents (roughly 44-50) right now.  Does anyone think that this will become a trend among our younger Hmong generations in the US?
No, that's why I'm gonna make sure the first wife is okay with me getting a second wife and so on until I have a variety for my 7 day routine if you know what I mean.

;D

hyaaj

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 10:01:01 AM »
Nothing will change if you are hmong. You may have seem others changed but majority won't change

agree, if ur hmong now matter how Americanize u are nothing will change for a facT!!!

DeceiversChick

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 08:39:21 AM »
I still see it but it's very rare for people who are in their 20's and 30's. Majority of the time it's the mistress only and cheating are involved but not going  through with the 2nd marriage.

MilesDaddy

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 09:37:50 AM »
If you want to have 3 wife's be my guest....For some people who are unhappy in their marriage this will not make you marriage happy again, it will only further complicate things..The main problem Iihave is when you have more then 1 wife and so the other will qualify for Welfare or some other sort of "free" government program due to lack of income.......W e have seen this time and time again in other ethnic groups... were the dude is a looser and has 3 different baby mommas and their all on welfare or some other crap....THIS IS WHERE I WOULD DRAW THE LINE....and if they moved in next door to me I would call CPS and Welfare office every day until they find out that there is definitely some defrauding the system

MilesDaddy

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 10:59:20 PM »
Swinging is not the same as polygamy

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 06:14:33 AM »
I am observing an influx of Hmong polygamy involving men and women who are in the age range of my parents (roughly 44-50) right now.  Does anyone think that this will become a trend among our younger Hmong generations in the US?

It will actually get worse since we have both divorced parents having children from new relationships. I don't condone polygamy (so let's just get that out of the way). However, in those relationships it is only the father that conceives with several partners. Nowadays, when women enter new relationships they are bearing children with the new husband as well. So children from the initial relationship will have half siblings from both their mom and father. If the parents leave those relationships and enter new ones, new siblings will be a result. 

MilesDaddy

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 02:24:29 PM »
I believe there is a small town in Utah that still pratice polygamy and it legal there. One guy have about 6 wife....

For those who pratice polygamy should go and live there. O0

polygamy can not and is not decided by the states. It's illegal in all 50 states.

Advertisements