Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 484582 times)

q

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #3300 on: June 01, 2012, 06:36:38 AM »
Big day for some of you bass guys tomorrow. Good luck at the Minnetonka Classic  O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

q

« Reply #3301 on: June 22, 2012, 10:02:43 AM »
Annual J4 Hmong Bass Tournament coming up next Friday, have fun for you guys who's fishing it. I guess we'll know by tomorrow if it'll be Minnetonka or St. Croix.

ricqik

« Reply #3302 on: July 09, 2012, 11:29:48 AM »
hows the bass fishing folks :D   

blablablablabla

« Reply #3303 on: July 12, 2012, 07:26:15 AM »
hows the bass fishing folks :D   

its been good rick so good than I wake up.  O0

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: July 12, 2012, 12:16:19 PM »
I used live night crawlers at this lake up north and caught quite a lot. I hated the sunnies that were always tearing the crawlers apart before most bass got at them. But when the bass got to the baits, they bit really hard. Caught quite a few large ones.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

blablablablabla

« Reply #3305 on: August 02, 2012, 10:58:30 AM »
 ::)

ricqik

« Reply #3306 on: January 25, 2015, 10:39:41 AM »
2.5yrs since the last post.... No one bass fishes anymore? :D

mronline

« Reply #3307 on: January 28, 2015, 12:37:15 PM »
2.5yrs since the last post.... No one bass fishes anymore? :D

where you bass fishing?

ricqik

« Reply #3308 on: January 29, 2015, 10:45:27 AM »
No where right now. 3 more months.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: March 16, 2015, 01:28:54 PM »
So, my little brother has a "secret spot" and man there are like some pretty good sizes bass. About 5 to 8 lb large mouths as well as crappies, whitebass and small mouths. This place is kind of in the open where you would expect people to know about but barely anyone goes there because it's a little stream. I'm gonna be heading there as soon as the snow melts. I'm thinking the crappies would be running by than.

"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: April 01, 2015, 05:02:47 PM »
So, my little brother has a "secret spot" and man there are like some pretty good sizes bass. About 5 to 8 lb large mouths as well as crappies, whitebass and small mouths. This place is kind of in the open where you would expect people to know about but barely anyone goes there because it's a little stream. I'm gonna be heading there as soon as the snow melts. I'm thinking the crappies would be running by than.

I'm jealous...cuz I'd be happy with 2-3 lbs large mouths.  ;D

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Phab Ej Dao Vue

« Reply #3311 on: April 01, 2015, 06:11:53 PM »

Nice... take fotos.

ricqik

« Reply #3312 on: August 04, 2015, 04:57:55 PM »
Sounds kinda like the creek outlet to Vadnais.  :D

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #3313 on: August 17, 2015, 07:58:45 PM »

5lbs bass are not common, let alone 6-8lbs. Not just in Minnesota. Even in southern bass mecca states like Texas, with year-round growing season, there are no such lakes that produce common 5-pounders. Don't take my word for it. Go create an account at bassresource.c om (one of the best and move visited bass sites) and ask the southern guys if they are nailing 5lbs+ bass.

Also, most people tend to over exaggerate. I'm just speaking the truth here. So many people say they catch 4-5lbs bass throughout the season, but very few people have pictures or videos showing that fish on a weigh scale. An example is below (lol sorry for the KVD face implant for anonymity). This is my personal best. The length was high 21", a very healthy and large fish if you were to catch this anywhere in the country. I'm 180lbs and this bass spread shoulder-to-shoulder. The weight was 4lbs4oz (4.25lbs)- not even close to 5lbs. This just goes to show you that you cannot tell a fish's weight just by looking at it. Trust me when I say that no natural fishery produces common 22"+, 5lbs bass. Especially not in Minnesota. Otherwise, if you say I'm wrong, show me pictures and also go post at bassresource and notify the MN DNR because they will definitely want to hear and study about this fishery that produces 5-8lbs bass.

q

« Reply #3314 on: September 27, 2015, 02:03:04 PM »
I highly doubt that 4lb 4oz fish is truly 21", you must've measured it with it's mouth open with the tape measure over the fish. A 4lb 4oz fish of that proportion is roughly 19-19.25"

Advertisements