Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 482773 times)

blablablablabla

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2009, 11:03:24 PM »
This Sir is A

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Photocycle

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2009, 11:05:55 PM »
how long have u guys been fishing pool 4-5 now?

ricqik

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2009, 11:10:30 PM »
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;D  ;D

So how many did RickJR catch today??
he pulled in 2 sticks, 3 branches, lost 5 jigs, 2 cranks made 4 knots then sat n watch ricqi sr show him how it's done ;D
this'll be my 4th yr, haven't won a single pepin yet. :'(

blablablablabla

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2009, 11:15:39 PM »

my second year, Third trip ever to target bass.   :D

blablablablabla

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2009, 11:16:41 PM »
one day, RicqikJr will show RicqiKSR how its done  ;D

ricqik

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2009, 11:19:28 PM »
gotta to buy more jigs n trailers. ran out of 3/8oz n need alot more 1/4oz

cool thing was i have him load the boat. damn steep ramp.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 11:21:32 PM by ricqik »

blablablablabla

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2009, 11:36:18 PM »
dude don't u work TOMORROW!   ;D

Photocycle

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2009, 01:24:59 PM »
RIc and Will... are you guys crazy like those mica folks who are doing 30-50mph out there on the backwaters dodging timber in 1-3 ft of water??? My jaw just dropped when I was sittin there like a pussy slowly trolling my way through timber and all of a sudden 2 bass boats go zoomin' by me like they know every inch of the backwaters... :-\

ricqik

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2009, 02:09:44 PM »
heck no, $3k+ for a lower unit n maybe a cracked stern ain't worth it. it cost me $3.4k last yr for a new lower unit n a new power trim. i hit a floating log in open water on pepin doing 70mph+. i can tell u, it ain't a thump n u coast, it's like someone slammed on the brakes, u get thrown up against the steering wheel n u're really lucky if ur boat doesn't do a 360 at high speed. 3yrs ago i watch a bassboat fly thru a backwater channel doing about 60 or so, they hit a stump. i heard a loud crackling, the limiter bouncing a few time as i watch the boat do a 360 all the while the lover unit went flying 30' into the air, the water sprayed like a bomb was dropped into the water. i was quite surprise them 2 guys didn't go flying out of the boat. it was quite a site. it was a well known channel that everyone flies thru all the time. they must of been off just a bit.

better safe then sorry. hate to be out for the season on the first tourny. just be careful.

Photocycle

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2009, 03:00:33 PM »
heck no, $3k+ for a lower unit n maybe a cracked stern ain't worth it. it cost me $3.4k last yr for a new lower unit n a new power trim. i hit a floating log in open water on pepin doing 70mph+. i can tell u, it ain't a thump n u coast, it's like someone slammed on the brakes, u get thrown up against the steering wheel n u're really lucky if ur boat doesn't do a 360 at high speed. 3yrs ago i watch a bassboat fly thru a backwater channel doing about 60 or so, they hit a stump. i heard a loud crackling, the limiter bouncing a few time as i watch the boat do a 360 all the while the lover unit went flying 30' into the air, the water sprayed like a bomb was dropped into the water. i was quite surprise them 2 guys didn't go flying out of the boat. it was quite a site. it was a well known channel that everyone flies thru all the time. they must of been off just a bit.

better safe then sorry. hate to be out for the season on the first tourny. just be careful.

Ok good thing I backed down cuz for a moment I was tempted to start speeding through also... I'm guessin many of these folks that fly around in the back waters must have been fishing this stretch for years and years -- to know every foot of it.

ricqik

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2009, 07:32:51 PM »
no matter how well u know back waters, it's always a gamble. every spring high water floats in new logs that lie just under the surface. could be all fine n dandy one yr n the next yr could be different.

phocy, did u go out again today?

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 07:34:27 PM by ricqik »

Photocycle

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2009, 11:15:02 PM »
id u go out again today?

No... I went Friday and Saturday already.. my bro works today so I didn't go. Gas money is killin' though.  :-\

Still feel a little uneasy about that river... I feel there's a bass heaven somewhere that everyone knows about, hence the quantity and big bass numbers. Just need a ton of time on that river.

Does anyone ever fish the wide open pepin?

blablablablabla

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2009, 06:49:42 AM »
i've heard of people fish pepin north of where we launch and do very well.  But we are not that good yet.  One Day! 

I run really really slow in the back waters, even that resulted in a busted ducer and smacking my gelcoat.   >:(

Photocycle

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2009, 07:48:03 AM »
I run really really slow in the back waters, even that resulted in a busted ducer and smacking my gelcoat.   >:(

Geebus Will... how shallow were you and did you hit a rock? log? When I'm in less than 2 ft of water I usually just troll...

blablablablabla

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2009, 10:07:52 AM »
well it was 8ft.  Guess didn't see the log just under the water.  oh well.  >:(

Advertisements