Advertisement

Author Topic: Year, Make & Model of your Motorcycle (Pics Welcome)  (Read 56308 times)

Smiley

Re: Year, Make & Model of your Motorcycle (Pics Welcome)
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2010, 11:17:22 AM »
soulless - i like yours.  color and all.  i picked up a 2002 yellow one of the weekend.  guess beggers can't be picky since I wasn't willing to fork up more then 2 grands.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2010, 09:01:48 PM »
soulless - i like yours.  color and all.  i picked up a 2002 yellow one of the weekend.  guess beggers can't be picky since I wasn't willing to fork up more then 2 grands.

Congrats!!! O0

Any pics? 

The last generation baby Ninja don't look as good imo but it performs better due to a bit more power and less weight than the current one.

Below is a picture of my girl's baby Ninja which was also her first bike.  I can still remembered her permanent grin on that nice day in the Spring of 2006 in Sausalito, CA  when she picked up her baby Ninja from the dealership O0 :):

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2010, 11:40:14 PM »
wow, the new 250s are simply hot... props & welcome to the asphalt surf turf!

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Smiley

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2010, 01:48:59 PM »
Congrats!!! O0

Any pics? 

The last generation baby Ninja don't look as good imo but it performs better due to a bit more power and less weight than the current one.

Below is a picture of my girl's baby Ninja which was also her first bike.  I can still remembered her permanent grin on that nice day in the Spring of 2006 in Sausalito, CA  when she picked up her baby Ninja from the dealership O0 :):

I snapped a few with my daughter sitting on it yesterday before I came to work on my phone only.  I haven’t had a chance to put them up anywhere and I really want to mess with it this weekend but it looks a little booked with graduations and stuff.  But I have Monday and Tuesday off so I’m looking forward that.  It’s covered in dust because the guy had it stored in his garage for a while. 

My brother drove it home for me and when we pull into the driveway, he goes “So tired.”  I asked him why and he said “It’s so slow.”  I guess when you ride a 750 and then go back to a 250 it’ll feel like that.

Smiley

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2010, 01:58:57 PM »
theking, btw, ur wife is the coolest.  :)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2010, 04:50:07 PM »
Thanks Smiley, post your pics when you can.  I like to see you're newbie grin too.

Smiley

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2010, 09:46:04 PM »
I didn't have much of a newbie grin.  Maybe when I get enough practice and can really get what I really really want instead.  :)  I'll try to post one of those of my little girl sitting on the bike though.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2010, 09:53:59 PM »
Looks good  O0, get some front blinkers on and you should be good to go.

Smiley

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2010, 11:44:22 PM »
Looks good  O0, get some front blinkers on and you should be good to go.

yeah the guy gave me them but i just have to find someone to put them in.

Silver-Arrowz

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2010, 05:49:11 AM »
Year:2008
Make:Aprilia
Model:RS125
Color:Black with red
Mods:none
Future Mods/Plans/Comments: Knee scraping action and de-restriction when I'm worthy of more power. I'm gonna learn to get lean and mean before I worry about power. Superbike school once I'm on full license and plenty of trackdays in between.
Pics(if any):

Offline Pocket Aces

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2011, 06:57:23 AM »
Hurr Durr... my 2fiddy (yeah, she's ugly, but runs likes a champ(still tryin' to scrape my chest hairs) . Might upgrade this season, but this bike is sooo fun to ride. Might keep her for a while.
Looking for riding (Hmong) friends in the Twin cities. Don't mind riding with non ha-mong peeps, but would like to meet Hmong riders and whatnot.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 06:00:10 PM by Pocket Aces »

I like my women the same way I like milk white and fat free

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2011, 01:49:14 PM »
Hurr Durr... my 2fiddy (yeah, she's ugly, but runs likes a champ(still tryin' to scrape my chest hairs) . Might upgrade this season, but this bike is sooo fun to ride. Might keep her for a while.
Looking for riding (Hmong) friends in the Twin cities. Don't mind riding with non ha-mong peeps, but would like to meet Hmong riders and whatnot.

Year:2008
Make:Aprilia
Model:RS125
Color:Black with red
Mods:none
Future Mods/Plans/Comments: Knee scraping action and de-restriction when I'm worthy of more power. I'm gonna learn to get lean and mean before I worry about power. Superbike school once I'm on full license and plenty of trackdays in between.
Pics(if any):

Pocket Aces. If you can afford to, keep the baby Ninja. I've ridden my girl's old 250 in the mean streets of San Francisco several times and imo, it's a great bike in congested areas.
Also good bike to build riding skills on without the 'what if' worries like Silver-Aces' 125.

Silver-Arrowz, too bad manufactures don't offer those 125s in street legal form for the States. I think it's a great little bike to build skills without the 'what if' worries. I bet it's a hoot to ride at a tight track.

Besides the pluses above, it's also relatively cheap to buy and operational cost is low but given that Americans still have the "bigger is better" mentality, many manufactures shy away from offering those little bikes here. The Eliminator 125 was the last 125 street bike offered in the States. Besides the Aprilla 125, I think the CBR125 that's available in Canada would be a great bike to just throw around in tight corners or as a city commuter.

Silver-Arrowz

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2011, 05:53:19 AM »
Mate I have no plans on selling this thing anytime too soon. It's just too much fun. Aussie have the same mentality too, more cc's = quicker bike. From my understanding Aprilia are dropping the RS125 two stroke motor and move to a 4 stroke engine to meet Euro V emissions. Gay if you ask me. I rode a CBR125 and frankly, it's a scooter engine with a bike wrapped around it. You sit very upright and it's definetly a commuter bike.

I'm rebuilding it soon (2 stroke engine) and I'm going to rejet it and derestrict it. I've had plenty of people say "it's only 125cc" but have no idea what a difference a two stroke engine makes and being 306lb (wet). The best thing is the look on their faces when the road gets twisty. (I'll proudly say that my chicken strips are much much thinner than a lot of other riders). The next rebuild I'm going to do the 150cc kit and bigger carbs. The guys in the UK are popping wheelies and leaving bigger bikes from 0-60mph.

I have no regrets about this little thing. I'm a much more accomplished rider for it because it's taught me to rely on cornering speed rather than just tip-toe in and power on out. I will move to a bigger bike for the road but this thing is going to hit the race track and maybe even compete if I can find a series.

Offline Pocket Aces

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2011, 07:22:49 AM »
King, I can afford to keep the baby ninja dispite what people say about the 2fiddy.  I mean its cheap to insure, I can ride the living daylights out of it like a mad man and get
200+ miles per fill up, and its fun as heck to ride. And thats what its all about, right? Having fun (dont give a shit if my bike doesnt have that 60000RRRR look)!!!

Mate I have no plans on selling this thing anytime too soon. It's just too much fun. Aussie AND MERICANS have the same mentality too, more cc's = quicker bike.

I'll proudly say that my chicken strips are much much thinner than a lot of other riders.

I have no regrets about this little thing. I'm a much more accomplished rider for it because it's taught me to rely on cornering speed rather than just tip-toe in and power on out. I will move to a bigger bike for the road but this thing is going to hit the race track and maybe even compete if I can find a series.

Dont mean to modify your post, but this sums it up.

*short summary about a guy (and his friends)that i rode with last season....*

I rode with a guy who lives in my apartment complex (with his friends) who started on 600+cc bikes and theyre scared to go into
corners (5+mph too fast?). I'm not saying I'm Stoner or anything, but  I'm on a 250, and these guys are on supersports, and I'm going into corners fsater than these guys., but yet
they like to talk shit about how the 250 isnt a good starter bike? Go figure? But these guys are the STunAR type guys.....    

I like my women the same way I like milk white and fat free

Advertisements