Advertisement

Author Topic: Year, Make & Model of your Motorcycle (Pics Welcome)  (Read 56292 times)

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
Year, Make & Model of your Motorcycle (Pics Welcome)
« on: October 25, 2009, 07:09:42 PM »
Welcome to the "Two Wheel Forum" where we discuss asphalt surfing!

Year:
Make:
Model:
Color:
Mods:
Future Mods/Plans/Comments:
Pics(if any):

Please if you do post, post an ACTUAL pic of your bike & not taken from the net as a look alike.  Thanks.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 12:16:43 PM by Sin »

Like this post: 0
GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Adverstisement

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
Re: Year, Make & Model of your Motorcycle (Pics Welcome)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 10:45:08 PM »
Year:  1995
Make:  Honda
Model:  CBR900RR
Color:  Purple, Neon Green, White, Black

Mods:  Two Brothers racing header back carbon fiber exhaust, jetted, Dunlop drag radials, K&N drop in filter, lowered all the way, steering damper, swapped front & rear sprockets, eliminated rear signals integrated to rear lights, Under glow lights(neon), upgraded front rim from 16 to 17 & painted neon, matching tank bra, neon visor, purple soft grips, front clear low riding lights & upgraded chain.

Future Mods/Plans/Comments:  SOLD back in 2002, fastest I gone was 178mph before I almost crapped in my pants.  Favorite stunts were wheelie & block burnouts(while going down the block @ 20mph standing on pegs burning out).

Pics(if any):

My CBR900RR

Me taking a ZX9 out

Bikes from some of the guys I rode with

Meet up @ my house before rippin the HWY.  on that day we had a couple S2s including mine, Turbo Miata, Z06, SR20 240sx, Turbo Civic & few bikes.  Was an awesome & fun day.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 11:43:04 AM by Sin »

RX400h - Hybrid

Vangpao

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 09:44:55 PM »
The utilitarian one.

Kawasaki
Z1000
Custom Gloss Black/Pearl Black Racing Stripes.

Mods:
ZX-6 forks with Race tech gold valves, Emulators, 1.0 Race Springs-Front forks lowered 12mm.
Radial brake upgrade with fork conversion.
ZX-6 rear shock Race tech revalve, Z 1000 stock spring.
Adjustable tie rods-Raised 25mm for increased ride hight, front end feel, front end weight bias and lessen rake and trail dynamics.
Hel stainless brake lines.
HH sintered pads.
520 chain conversion with Votex sprockets.
Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's.
No steering damper-I like the way the Z's front end wiggles it's way out of a corner apex under power.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 10:01:23 AM »
Dude, you didn't hit 178.  ;D  Maybe 150...stock.

It had 124 Horses @ 10,500 rpm / Euro's unrestricted models top off at 164... US models - not close at all.

So where and when did you hit the 178?  Speedo healer on that after you "upgrade" the sprockets?  C'mon dude...

Do you have one now?  Let's hook up next season.  

(drum roll please...)

Ta-da!  Backroads of western WI!  More Frosted Flakes, please!

No disrespect, but I don't think that 900RR won't even come close to  breaking the 180 mark at Brainerd's notorious Turn 1.  

:)

178mph is where I got it up to.  & as you said stock is 150mph so whats hard to believe about a jetted, piped & sprocket changed bike.  Stock 900RRs came with a 16in front wheel mine was also switched for a 17in.  & no this wasn't done on a limited roadway like Brainard.  Try 94w all the way to wisconsin.  I road a lot with Shoua, Quinn & the guys back then.  Try 11pm til 4am in the morning, anywhere from Wisconsin to Precott & back to MN.  Shoua & Quinn road a few times @ Brainard events & thats where I actually got my drag radials from is Brainard.  

I've seen gixxers(750 not 600) with a pipe on dyno do well over 180mph on dyno but thats without wind drag.  & you probably would believe this also but my buddy's 2000 kawi 600 & my S2 are neck & neck on the hwy.  Rematching this summer.  I'll vid that for you guys.  LOL...  

On a future note I'm picking one up next year.  Been dreamin about a Repsol(1000) or Duc(916-998), but saddly I have to settle for an R1.  I'd love to run out again with the pack.  I did get a chance to ride my buddy's gixxer 1000 with a wheel extension & power control & that thing hauls ASS!  Been just riding my friends bikes here & there.  Seems the wheel extension is a hot thing now, most of my friends bike have them.  Thats what I'll be doing to the R1 also.  Can't wait!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 10:07:11 AM by Sin »

RX400h - Hybrid

Vangpao

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 04:50:41 PM »
So Sin, I was just wondering about your speedo reading.

If you've "upgraded" the chain and sprockets, without that speedo healer-that Hmoob was talking about-your bike was running out of sync speeds with that larger sprocket up front. I mean, one tooth in front is equal to three more on the rear sprocket. So are you saying you were running corrected top end speeds with high speed tire growth and speedo error at readings above 100mph?

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 05:31:14 PM »
I'm sure Sin is talking about indicated speedo mph and not actual as most bikes are 5-10% higher on speedo than actual.  When I took my 99' Busa to 200 MPH indicated in the Mojave Desert, I think the actual was probably closer to 185ish MPH.

Here are the specs for the 900RR (given the mods done and how light Sin looks, I wouldn't doubt "178 mph" indicated):

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
Model ID
Manufacturer (Make) Honda
Model Name CBR 900 RR Fireblade
Year 2000
Category(class) Sport
Engine
Engine Capacity (Displacement) 929 ccm (56.69 cubic inches)
Engine Type inline, 4 cylinders
Stroke 4
Starter System Electronic
Cooling System Liquid
Powertrain
Gearbox 6 speed
Chassis/Suspension/Brakes
Front Brakes Dual disc
Rear Brakes Single disc
Dimensions
Seat Height 815 mm (32.09 inches)
Wheelbase 1400 mm (55.12 inches)
Dry Weight 170 kg (375 lb)
Fuel Capacity  18 litres (4.76 gallons)
Performance
Max Power 152.00 HP (110.9 kW) at 11000 RPM
Max Torque 103.00 Nm (75.74 ft*lbs) at 9000 RPM
Power/Weight Ratio 0.8 Hp/Kg
Top Speed 280 km/h (174mph)
Acceleration (dart, speedup) time  
0-100 km/h 3.1 seconds
0-60 mph 3 seconds
http://motoprofi.com/motospecspictures/honda/cbr_900_rr_fireblade-2000.html

« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 08:38:11 PM by theking »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 08:33:17 PM »
Hey, maybe your and your girl should trailor your bikes out next year for the ride.  I'd like to see Sin hammer it through Trooper Alley...regard less if it was midnight, or 4 in the morning. 

If we're in the area again, I'll hit all yall up for a spin.  When we were at gas station in St. Paul, a black guy was cautioning us about "Janesville", WI because it's a troopers' speed trap haven.  Not sure how true but we did took it easy right after Madison to Janesville until we hit the WI/IL stateline.

Look

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 10:58:20 AM »
Kamikaze Krew

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 03:00:14 PM »
Seems I hit a soft spot.  theking, you might be right speedo might be off do to front wheel but I don't know if that plays a part in speedo reading.  
HmoobPahAy: yes, this was done on 94 from Stillwater back to the cities.  We rode a lot at night & at that speed who cares about the troopers then, there was about 20 of us.  178mph isn't a big deal any dumb bat out of hell can get on a crotchrocket & just rip it.  I certainly don't ride at that speed all the time or would I want to.  We did ride A LOT @ 145mph to 155mph.  We ALL we careless & didn't really care a whole lot back then about cops(year 2000).  If I rode at 110mph I was WAAAAY back in the pack.

Honestly if you don't believe 178mph you don't have to.  Thats like saying an S2 only tops out at 150mph stock yet I've seen 177mph with bolt-ons & a stretch of road.  I've seen my cousin's RX7TT @ 155mph with intake & exhaust & bro-in-law's 3000gtTT @ 150mph with intake exhaust.  Even my 88MR2sc have seen 142mph.  To top it off Quinn's 996duc has gotten to 170mph+ also(we do this side by side). Where is all this going on @? You're right, its your public HWY.  

HmoobPahAy:  I don't know about any Hmong crews in MN.  When I rode a lot they didn't have crews as of yet.  

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 03:33:21 PM by Sin »

RX400h - Hybrid

Look

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 03:22:04 PM »
What???  That's what I thought I saw.  Any really good riders, or just posers?

;D 8)

My guess they are just like you.  They ride motorcycles.  Define a really good rider?  Define a poser?

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 03:41:49 PM »
Kamikaze Krew?  I've just heard about them this year, unsure who is in that crew.  If thats Shoua's group the group I use to ride with Shoua is pretty damn good.  Try wheelie @ 100mph+ & shifting gears, thats crazy.  I ran him once @ rockfalls with the MR2sc & I was halfway down the track already when he passes me doing a wheelie down the track standing up & still managed a 11.7et.  hahaha it was an awesome sight to see cause I was right next to him for a split sec.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 03:48:29 PM by Sin »

RX400h - Hybrid

Vangpao

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 12:31:22 PM by Vangpao »

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »
^ wow, this really turned into who is better than who.  & yes, the guy I mentioned is good, he ran track time at Brainard too & I believe he still does.  So based on what you've said stunts are posers.  Seems you tried to flame on everything I mentioned, from speed to stunts & I even mentioned track, surprised you didn't jump on that one too.  hahaha  I'm not interested in the call out.  I ride for fun not to prove that I am hot sh|t.  So if I ride what will that prove to you?  All I said was I took my CBR900RR up to 178mph, wow.

RX400h - Hybrid

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 11:22:21 AM »
But I'll ride the Duc.  hahaha... ;)  Its not a 748 is it?

RX400h - Hybrid

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »
^ I'll ride the 1098 for sure.  life insurance? Not planning to die bro.  & ankle socks? You don't have to be geared up every time.  Take your time nick picking the pics bro.  hahaha.. I use to ride with just shorts & shades on & shirtless.  My first ride on a 1098.. can't wait.

RX400h - Hybrid

Advertisements