Advertisement

Author Topic: NBA TALK  (Read 129178 times)

incutebus

Re: NBA TALK
« Reply #465 on: March 13, 2012, 12:10:47 AM »
I think its because of carmelo and a little of stoudemire, ever since those two came back the knicks have gone 1 for 1 too much. I think the old timer carmelo is messing up the flow of their awesome system before.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +159
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 13, 2012, 02:44:50 AM »
I think its because of carmelo and a little of stoudemire, ever since those two came back the knicks have gone 1 for 1 too much. I think the old timer carmelo is messing up the flow of their awesome system before.
it's forsure the chemistry and ambiance that Carmelo brings to the team....

everyone's looking to give Melo the ball and that puts JLin out of focus when he's trying to make plays. It should be easier for JLin now since they have another scorer on the team, but I've been watching the last six games that they loss and I would have to say that both JLin and Melo have roughly the same amount of playing time, they each score half the buckets they shoot. More shots missed = more work for them offensively instead of making better shots.

When it was just JLin.... and the back-up guys. The shots were more isolated and JLin took more time to drive/pass the ball out. With Melo and Stoudamire back in, most of their shots look RUSHED! I like it better when JLin calms the team down and makes the plays with the easy baskets.

“our worlds collided and in an instant your ocean had color because of my sky.”

—r.m. drake

proudlao

« Reply #467 on: March 13, 2012, 05:32:27 AM »
WTH, The zen master wants to coach again?

The Knicks are now 2-9 since Melo returned. I am not blaming him, but the team has no chemistry and the coach got no balls. As long as the team are not playing for each others they will not win as a team. They sure need a coach will some balls to deal with all these "me me" guys.

The Realest

« Reply #468 on: March 13, 2012, 08:44:58 AM »
If Dolan kisses his ass he'll come back to coaching.

tubyaj

« Reply #469 on: March 13, 2012, 11:45:35 AM »
I read that Stephen A. Smith was on the radio today and he said that Phil Jackson wants to coach the Knicks.  After D'antoni get fired; he's next in line.

Has anyone heard this rumor?

If this is true this means he sees true talent in some of the key players.  Phil is pretty smart about going after only teams with talents that he can build on.  However, to get anywhere they will have to ship Carmello.  He did it at the college level but it's very hard to go far with his type of play style.

The Realest

« Reply #470 on: March 13, 2012, 12:59:49 PM »
Supposedly LA turned down a Gasol Rondo swap, why would they do such a dumb thing?

Toumeng

« Reply #471 on: March 13, 2012, 09:06:37 PM »
Carmelo and Amare are horrible on defense and that's why they're losing.

Toumeng

« Reply #472 on: March 13, 2012, 09:14:03 PM »
Who do you think is the biggest cancer on the Knicks, Melo or STAT?  What's worse, Melo's ball stopping ways or STAT's declining body and dumb D?

Lin and Melo's game does not match. One of them need to go. They need a scrappy player like Jeffries who will hustle for the entire game and doesn't care about scoring.

If you watch some of the Knicks game, once Melo gets the ball...it's iso, dribble and jumpshot.

The Realest

« Reply #473 on: March 14, 2012, 08:04:46 AM »
Honestly I'm starting to get fed up with all these Dwight Howard trade talks and particularly those coming from him.
One day they lose it's oh trade me I wanna leave, next day they beat a good team it's oh no I wanna stay WTF man, make up your damn mind!!
It's like he doesn't know what he wants!
More and more I'm starting to dislike him as his true personality is revealing.
In the end he wants it to be all about him, months ago he was pouting because he felt management should consult with him about the direction of the franchise causing him to voice his desire to be traded to either NJ, Dallas or LA; then rumors about him possibly joining Derrick Rose came up; he publicly came out and said he didn't want to be in the shadow of Rose because Chicago is Rose's city, he also said this about going to LA that he didn't want to follow Shaq's footsteps, WTF man do you really want to win as much as you claim you do or you're just an egomaniac?
Last night they beat Miami and he comes out and say he now wants to finish this season in Orlando but still refuses to commit to the extension WTF do you want man?
He knows he's got Devos in the palm of his hand and he'll now do whatever he wants to get whatever he wants, I say don't fall for the BS and trade his azz, long run you do NOT want that type of player on your team.
I hope Orlando fans boo him next home game because if I were a Magic fan I sure would.

proudlao

« Reply #474 on: March 14, 2012, 08:09:17 AM »
I hear you man. Now they say he is giving the right to chose his coach and new GM if he resigns with the Magic.

I don't care about him unless he wore a Lakers jersey  ;D

The Realest

« Reply #475 on: March 14, 2012, 09:42:45 AM »
Just in, according to the NY Post Melo wants out!

hubba-hubba

« Reply #476 on: March 14, 2012, 08:27:53 PM »
Just in, according to the NY Post Melo wants out!

That was refuted.  Unfortunately, whenever there's tension between a player and coach; the coach is the first one to go.  D'antoni wasn't the best fit for NY but i'm a kinda bitter about his departure.  Now it's going to be the Melo show and the NY media is going to spew that Lin is at best, a bench player.  As you can tell, I root for players more than I do teams.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:30:58 PM by hubba-hubba »

The Realest

« Reply #477 on: March 15, 2012, 04:38:06 AM »
Apparently a lot's changed since I posted that.
I also believe Linsanity may just be a memory now, we'll see.

The Realest

« Reply #478 on: March 15, 2012, 04:43:03 AM »
Fawk Howard, trade his ass to the Bobcats Orlando!

proudlao

« Reply #479 on: March 15, 2012, 05:48:15 AM »
We want him!  :)

Advertisements