Advertisement

Author Topic: NBA TALK  (Read 128591 times)

proudlao

Re: NBA TALK
« Reply #435 on: March 03, 2012, 06:08:26 PM »
Lakers turned down trade offered for Michael Beasley. Howard and Rondo or Nash to Lakers will be nice!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Toumeng

« Reply #436 on: March 03, 2012, 06:11:47 PM »
From what I read, Wolves want both of Lakers' first round picks this year. Who knows what Beasley might turn into but he's not worth 2 first round picks right now.  :2funny:

proudlao

« Reply #437 on: March 03, 2012, 06:16:03 PM »
We are desperate not dumb lol ;D

proudlao

« Reply #438 on: March 03, 2012, 06:18:51 PM »
Not everyone has that "killer instinct."  King James, as good as he is, doesn't have it.  Plain and simple.

I certainly hope he has it this time around, its over due for James to win one title. It will be good for NBA. Besides, I don't mind them winning since my Lakers will not this year.

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 03, 2012, 10:56:03 PM »
From what I read, Wolves want both of Lakers' first round picks this year. Who knows what Beasley might turn into but he's not worth 2 first round picks right now.  :2funny:

They wanted the higher of the two #1 picks from the Lakers - NOT both. :idiot2:

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 03, 2012, 11:00:36 PM »
How is it good for the NBA if LBJ wins a title?? :dontknow:

Miami has a great shot but if they win, more players will want to form super teams.  That's bad for the small market teams. :P

The Realest

« Reply #441 on: March 04, 2012, 01:25:41 AM »

The difference between Kobe and Lebron......we ll besides the rings  ;D
Even Carmelo would've taken that shot with no hesitation.

Finally sat down and watched the whole ASG, man even after turning the ball over instead of shooting it (he was going off in that 4th quarter too), Lebron had a chance to redeem himself on the very last play and instead of accepting the challenge he decides to be the one inbounding the ball!!

Even Kobe was all in his face about it (you can clearly see and hear Bryant shouting at Lebron "Cmon what you inbounding for?"), more evidence for the media to criticize Lebron in the clutch.

I think Lebron is afraid, I really think he is, he's so afraid to fail in the clutch that it affects his play, same reason why we'll never see him in the Slam Dunk Contest, because he's afraid he won't do well in it and will be condemned for it.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:05:04 AM by The Realest »

proudlao

« Reply #442 on: March 04, 2012, 05:46:08 PM »
How is it good for the NBA if LBJ wins a title?? :dontknow:

Miami has a great shot but if they win, more players will want to form super teams.  That's bad for the small market teams. :P

Good for NBA because great stars succeed and kids who look up to him will have the same will and determination. NBA will cash in and more positive talk will follow James instead of more negative conversations.

NBA will not allow any team to stack up, last season's lost was proven that it was not set up in that manner. Besides they have been doing this for years, remember when Kobe to LA, Shaq to LA, KG to Celtics, James to Heat, and I am anticipating Rondo and Howard to LA  :)

proudlao

« Reply #443 on: March 04, 2012, 05:49:31 PM »
Great team effor win for the Lakers. Great defensive and offensive, great bench, and MWP! Bynum was at his best and you can not stop the black mamba!

Knicks vs Celtics was a great game. Rondo came through in the end. I think Melo took too many low percentage shots. I wish they would have trusted Lin more. Both Lin and Melo were in four trouble early.

The Realest

« Reply #444 on: March 05, 2012, 05:17:42 AM »
The Knicks Celtics game actually was a whole lot worse than the actual score showed.
Knowing how bad NY played, it was umbelievable to see they were still in this one.
The starters just aren't playing well together, there's no chemistry, it's Lin bringing up the ball passing off to either Amare or Melo and the shot goes up while everyone's standing around, it's looking just like the old Knicks before Linsanity!!  You can even see at times Lin is not happy playing like this.
Chandler and Fields are disappearing, where were they yesterday?
The more I see Lin play the more I'm realizing he's not a true point guard, he's more of a combo guard and is by far at his best when he's attacking the rim and drawing fouls or dishing it off to an open teammate.
I really thought yesterday he was finally waking up in the 4th when he scored 6 points in a row (could've been 7 had he made both free throws), after the last free throw he made an ill advised pass that could've turned into a turnover but quickly recovered and drove in for a layup, shortly after he was open for a 3 in the corner and nailed it.
I know deep inside he was dying to take that final shot and I think he should have, since Amare and Melo returned he's deferred a lot to them and it has greatly affected his game.
But most important they were supposed to be better with those 2 back and it's not showing!
Amare's knees much be catching up to him cuz he has no more lifts!!
I'm not liking where this team is going, so much talent and potential but it's not showing outhere on the floor, heck the 2nd unit is playing much better!
Besides that I'm not taking anything away from Boston, Pierce and Rondo were phenomenal, they made plays when it counted while NY didn't.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:45:45 AM by The Realest »

proudlao

« Reply #445 on: March 05, 2012, 06:47:05 AM »
I agree, he should have taken that last shot. But I believed the coach has designed that play for Melo all along. That really sucks.

The Realest

« Reply #446 on: March 05, 2012, 07:19:50 AM »
Yeah read online it was D'Antoni's call which I can't argue with, play was for Melo, heck let him earn his dollars.

The Realest

« Reply #447 on: March 05, 2012, 07:25:35 AM »
I think D12 stays, at least I hope he does, heck that whole Amway Arena was built for him, he owns Orlando!
I think Otis needs to get his azz moving and make something happen or else he'll be the one booted outta there.
Everyone on that roster besides Howard is good to go.
I'd like to see him and Monta Ellis partner up as rumored, it could be interesting, heck it'd better than anything they've currently got going on.

tubyaj

« Reply #448 on: March 05, 2012, 11:52:17 AM »
Agreed.  It also shows that Boston is aging.  Melo, when hot, is a great and fun to watch.  It might have been Linsanity all over again if Melo was still out.  Amare is till rebounding like crazy but that guy just can't finish like last year.  Kudos to Rajon though....6'1" and getting all those rebounds. ;D

The Knicks Celtics game actually was a whole lot worse than the actual score showed.
Knowing how bad NY played, it was umbelievable to see they were still in this one.
The starters just aren't playing well together, there's no chemistry, it's Lin bringing up the ball passing off to either Amare or Melo and the shot goes up while everyone's standing around, it's looking just like the old Knicks before Linsanity!!  You can even see at times Lin is not happy playing like this.
Chandler and Fields are disappearing, where were they yesterday?
The more I see Lin play the more I'm realizing he's not a true point guard, he's more of a combo guard and is by far at his best when he's attacking the rim and drawing fouls or dishing it off to an open teammate.
I really thought yesterday he was finally waking up in the 4th when he scored 6 points in a row (could've been 7 had he made both free throws), after the last free throw he made an ill advised pass that could've turned into a turnover but quickly recovered and drove in for a layup, shortly after he was open for a 3 in the corner and nailed it.
I know deep inside he was dying to take that final shot and I think he should have, since Amare and Melo returned he's deferred a lot to them and it has greatly affected his game.
But most important they were supposed to be better with those 2 back and it's not showing!
Amare's knees much be catching up to him cuz he has no more lifts!!
I'm not liking where this team is going, so much talent and potential but it's not showing outhere on the floor, heck the 2nd unit is playing much better!
Besides that I'm not taking anything away from Boston, Pierce and Rondo were phenomenal, they made plays when it counted while NY didn't.

Toumeng

« Reply #449 on: March 05, 2012, 06:58:44 PM »
They wanted the higher of the two #1 picks from the Lakers - NOT both. :idiot2:

Either case it won't matter much because the pick is going to be 20+ slot anyway. I rather see them try to get a player in return that can help them this year.

I think D12 stays, at least I hope he does, heck that whole Amway Arena was built for him, he owns Orlando!
I think Otis needs to get his azz moving and make something happen or else he'll be the one booted outta there.
Everyone on that roster besides Howard is good to go.
I'd like to see him and Monta Ellis partner up as rumored, it could be interesting, heck it'd better than anything they've currently got going on.

I don't think it would work because Orlando doesn't have anything that Golden State would want in return. If they can get a 3rd team involve, it might work.

Advertisements