Advertisement

Author Topic: Eve of Eden...  (Read 27498 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Eve of Eden...
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2011, 04:05:19 PM »
Reporter, It is a beautiful sight..!  That picture was taken on the side of idyllwild over looking the city. It's a small city wedged in-between two mountains--so I no longer get the view of the ocean nor the beautiful sunset from where I am, just these huge mountains all around - pretty depressing if you ask me...  :( ;D

In the winter time, both mountains are covered with snow. And in the summer time, we have fires - just the other day the mountain caught on fire-- our usual brush fire.
 :)
Oh it's idyllwild, I corrected my spelling. Must be an age thing  :idiot2: :D

I'm sure you can climb over the other side and view the ocean again.

Still romantic whether it's idylly or idyll...wild, I mean. :D

So, are there jobs around that area besides the bars? lol...

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

BeautifulDisaster

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2011, 12:17:08 PM »
Reporter

I wish I could hop over the mountian and see the ocean...but now the ocean is two hours from here.. There are hidden places around here that can be romantic..., like Idllywild.... But overall, it's a quite and lifeless town... :( it's the desert, so what can you expect  ;D

Aside from the two small bars we have here, jobs are pretty hard to find. I guess, I was expecting to move here than just find a job and get settled in. But it was harder than I thought... I have to drive really far out just to find anything... -out west, near the Redlands area nor out east to Palms Springs. All in all, it's quite a trip..so I shouldn't complain  :)

BeautifulDisaster

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »

:smitten:

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2011, 10:25:59 PM »
What's the city's population, BD? And are there many Hmong there? The views look beautiful and breath-taking to me. But if there aren't Hmong, I am not sure I will be able to live there very long without wanting to move out. But then driving anywhere from there should be quite pleasant, right?

Reporter

I wish I could hop over the mountian and see the ocean...but now the ocean is two hours from here.. There are hidden places around here that can be romantic..., like Idllywild.... But overall, it's a quite and lifeless town... :( it's the desert, so what can you expect  ;D

Aside from the two small bars we have here, jobs are pretty hard to find. I guess, I was expecting to move here than just find a job and get settled in. But it was harder than I thought... I have to drive really far out just to find anything... -out west, near the Redlands area nor out east to Palms Springs. All in all, it's quite a trip..so I shouldn't complain  :)

"...

BeautifulDisaster

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2011, 09:51:22 AM »
Reporter, there are approximately 20,000 people who lives here, and by what I know there is also a big Hmong population here as well. But I hardly see them around, unless I went to church...there is only one big free way that runs through the town... It's quite pleasant but, not quite country enough to say that it's beautiful... Hahah I live in around the downtown areas and all I can say is that most shops are out of business...so you'll see a lot of empty buildings and stores... Most people who lives here are the white and the elderlies..., Hispanics  and sometimes even Indian  ;D

HmongKnight

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2011, 11:48:09 AM »
Nice pix of Idllywild but if you take hi-way 74 from Palm Desert, there's a vista point there that looking down to Palm Desert that is so beautiful at night. If you take a partner with you, you'll fall in love, that's how beautiful and romantic that scenary is.. hehehe

BeautifulDisaster

« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2011, 09:30:12 PM »
Hmongknight,

Thanks. I am looking forward to Taking a trip out east one of these days..., :D I know, its  just a 30 minute drive from here...But still haven't ventured out that far yet....  I heard the San Andrea's Fault-line is around there as well... & I'm sure it's a sight to see  :) ma'am le coj ib tug nrug kuv moog mas...hahah I'll be sure to take some pics too  :)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2011, 01:31:18 PM »
Reporter

It's not that lonely then. I was wondering why a lone Hmong girl would live there.

"...

BeautifulDisaster

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2011, 08:26:12 PM »
It's not that lonely then. I was wondering why a lone Hmong girl would live there.

I guess, I'm not SO alone afterall.... :)

SV1985

« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2011, 08:35:13 PM »
I saw this anime East of Eden pretty cool. If ur into that weird,strange, sad, nostalgic, romance fantasy stuff. O anda if ur into anime :)

You probaly not your too old. and probaly married with kids. probaly thinks ima kid too Lol

BeautifulDisaster

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2011, 08:36:56 PM »
One of my best friend-nam tsev passed away yesterday morning... I am still SO shocked over her passing...that I called my mother twice to make sure it was really her and not another person with the same name.... The last time I saw her, she was healthy as a horse...& It was just a few weeks ago, that I and the youth went swimming at her house.... Her and I had a nice conversation and before I left..., she said.., 'bd, next time when you come back., we'll swim together'....And I told her that we have to and we shall.. :)  But to nov has tas nwg tuag lawm... Tsi txaus kuv ntseeg kag le... 

SV1985

« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2011, 08:41:35 PM »
One of my best friend-nam tsev passed away yesterday morning... I am still SO shocked over her passing...that I called my mother twice to make sure it was really her and not another person with the same name.... The last time I saw her, she was healthy as a horse...& It was just a few weeks ago, that I and the youth went swimming at her house.... Her and I had a nice conversation and before I left..., she said.., 'bd, next time when you come back., we'll swim together'....And I told her that we have to and we shall.. :)  But to nov has tas nwg tuag lawm... Tsi txaus kuv ntseeg kag le... 

Well I dont really know what u just said, just wanted to put my two cents in. I understand everyting except the hmong part....someth ings cant be helped.

BeautifulDisaster

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2011, 08:48:24 PM »
I saw this anime East of Eden pretty cool. If ur into that weird,strange, sad, nostalgic, romance fantasy stuff. O anda if ur into anime :)

You probaly not your too old. and probaly married with kids. probaly thinks ima kid too Lol
Actually I'm not into those stuff.., it's just a name- for my journal title.. You are right, I am too old for that stuff  :)

SV1985

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2011, 08:50:20 PM »
Actually I'm not into those stuff.., it's just a name- for my journal title.. You are right, I am too old for that stuff  :)

Yea..

BeautifulDisaster

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2011, 08:59:08 PM »
Well I dont really know what u just said, just wanted to put my two cents in. I understand everyting except the hmong part....someth ings cant be helped.

Haha... No, I know I can't be helped..
Yea..

Ahuh :)

Advertisements