Advertisement

Author Topic: Writing Challenge [Updated]  (Read 18130 times)

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
Re: Writing Challenge [Updated]
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 01:40:58 PM »
Treasure, I hope you submit too!

Like this post: 0
Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Adverstisement

koumoua

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 03:22:33 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmm... .........

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 03:24:54 PM »
You submit too kou, you're pretty creative!

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

fiery

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 01:28:19 AM »
This was titled Beloved. I wrote it for Mother's Day last year. Every year I write her something, and I just wanted to share since I love my mama. I will probably write something else but I usually don't start thinking about it until Mother's Day comes closer.

"I love you," I tell her.

She spares me a disbelieving glance as she finishes powdering her nose. I don't budge from my spot against the doorway. In my hands are a bouquet of flowers and a pink, gift wrapped box. I hold them out to her. She ignores them.

"I'm sorry."

"You're always sorry," she mumbles, "and you have a funny way of showing you love me."

I set the bouquet on the table and hug her. Leaning my chin on her shoulder, I pout.

As she applies her lipstick, I mumble to her, "I do love you, you know."

"Then why do you always leave?"

Defeated, I shrug.

"But I always come back," I reply.

"That's besides the point- you always leave."

Before I can say anything she continues, "Do you love him more?"

"No. I love you just as much. . . just differently."

"So you do love him more."

"That's silly. I could never love anyone as much as I love you, mama."

I tighten my hug and kiss her cheek. She hmmphs and shrugs me off her shoulders. This means she is done talking to me. So I set her presents on her bed and walk out of the house. As I pull out of the driveway she stands at the window with her bouquet of flowers to her chest and waves to me.

"Drive carefully!" she shouts at me through the screen.

I know this is her way of telling me she loves me. I grin like a kid and wave back excitedly as I drive off.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 01:43:21 AM by fiery »

koumoua

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 12:06:07 PM »
very nice fiery....

i don't want to write about my mom....i love her to death but think i'll pass....

i'll wait for a different subject to write something....

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 12:13:56 PM »
Precise example fiery! Thanks for the sharing!

go-go

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 10:33:53 AM »
I'm not a good writer because it usually takes an emotion or event or something to trigger the words to start flowing. Other times, it just comes to me and I scribble as fast as I can to write it down - and it usually happens at night.  If I have to sit and think too long about something, then usually nothing comes to mind. 

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 01:37:54 AM »
I'm not a good writer because it usually takes an emotion or event or something to trigger the words to start flowing. Other times, it just comes to me and I scribble as fast as I can to write it down - and it usually happens at night.  If I have to sit and think too long about something, then usually nothing comes to mind. 

I'm with you go-go. But with me, my mind works better in the wee hours of the morning. Strange, I know.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 01:38:44 AM »
I was anticipating something along the line of "incorporate, use, or write a story with this word" or "this is the setting you write what happens"... but I guess this challenge is better than nothing. I'll see what I can come up with. I'm a little lackluster with words these days.

The writing challenge will always open for suggestions. If you have any, don't hesitate to make it a point.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 01:07:23 PM »
DAMN! No one submitted anything! Nice try, folks, next time.

Pandora`

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 02:35:03 PM »

and the winner is...

fiery.

:D :D

O0

JuneBug

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 12:27:22 AM »

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:48:17 PM by JuneBug »

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 08:11:50 PM »
Good writing skills Junebug! Thanks for posting and please do participate in our next writing challenge.

Buridans Paradox

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 12:41:55 PM »
I know it's a little late for Mother's Day but...

Happy Mother's Day from the Grave

Dear Mother,

It’s been 12 years since you’ve been gone. We, your children, have moved on but every Mother’s Day we reunite to remember you. This is the one day we take to remember your pain, sorrow, and rare moments of happiness. We know you’re in a better place as we can still feel your presence as we are sure you feel ours.

We’re sorry we could not have supported you during your most difficult time. But we're sure you understand we were much too young. Despite taking your frustrations out on us, we have forgiven you.

You will always be our mother, and for that, we remember you on this day. Unfortunately, the world is not as kind as it remembers you only in infamy, and remembers us, as the six faceless children of Khoua Her.

Love Always.

Koua
Samson
Nali
Tang
A-ee
Tang

dogtags3154

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 02:52:57 PM »
Whats the topic..?