Advertisement

Author Topic: Writing Challenge [Updated]  (Read 18134 times)

dogtags3154

Re: Writing Challenge [Updated]
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 03:29:30 PM »
I miss how, no matter how busy you were, you taught me the experiences I needed from your streets, to live a life of survival. The struggles I had to endure, masquerading on the blocks I ran as a juvenile, only to come back home to a secure roof. Where I saw your celebrations everynight from a park that a mouse ruled supreme. Waves hitting the shores just 10 minutes away, but worlds apart from the streets I was most familiar with. You brought such a joy to this heart that, every once I come and visit your grounds again, no matter how long, I always feel at home. It was there, that I found my first joy of being an adult. Hahaha. My first kiss that led me to understand more in life than just selfish gains. Trials and tribulations, we both saw together, and blood has spilled upon you. Sins that have been amended, now only to love you for all that I have gained in knowledge. The real you, the outside world will never see from the media. And although I have seen you at your worse, I have also acknowledge the beauty that only I have come to understand. I will be back!!!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 03:00:33 PM by dogtags3154 »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

dogtags3154

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2011, 02:58:57 PM »
I do. But I dont even have a picture up. Hahaha. I was in the US NAVY. I wonder, what about me that reminds you of someone?

Lady_Fallin

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »
Yay! Someone is interested!

Topic: A (love/friendship) letter to your favorite city/place in the world.

Deadline: Feb 21, 2011

Maybe if everyone leave out the actual name we can guess what city/place everyone is talking about. Sounds good?

I was two when I left, but the place where one was born will always leave a trail of dust.   I don't remember your slopes and I don't remember your shades of green dotting the plains and rugged hills.  But Grandmama does.  She said the houses were crowded, and dirt was a place for the living and growing.  She said Hmong traveled through bullets, bloodshed, tears, and a journey that will leave scars for generations, just to come to you.

Once, when I was younger, I had told my mother that I want to visit you again. I want to see the house I was born into, I want to touch the path that our feet have walked on, and I want to see what was so special about you that lead so many thousands of my people to you.  She laughed, shook her head sadly and said "it's a ghost town now.
So, Ghost Town, is what I have come to know you as.  Strange, how befitting your name is, and how befitting you and I are; like puzzle--- Only we won't fit.  You don't exist.  Not really.  And I...I exist, but I am lost because I feel that wherever I go, there's this shadow behind me..There's something beckoning for me to turn around, but when I do, nothing is there, but the dark American night.

P.S. Critiques are welcome. :)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:18:33 PM by Lady_Fallin »

dogtags3154

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 07:56:31 PM »
Lady_Fallin..I like what you wrote and how you wrote it. If I was to take a guess, I would say a refugee camp in Thailand. Not sure of the name.

Lady_Fallin

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2011, 04:34:32 PM »
Lady_Fallin..I like what you wrote and how you wrote it. If I was to take a guess, I would say a refugee camp in Thailand. Not sure of the name.

:) You got it right. Ban Vinai...

evil-in-deed

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2011, 12:33:35 AM »
I know it's a little late for Mother's Day but...

Happy Mother's Day from the Grave

Dear Mother,
Love Always.

Koua
Samson
Nali
Tang
A-ee
Tang

Adashee?... (a dash ee...)

Advertisements