Advertisement

Author Topic: I am living my greatest life, each moment of each day.  (Read 101195 times)

LuckyState98

Re: I love Me
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 05:33:14 AM »
I heard this song a long time ago.  For those of you living here, it will re-affirm your love for this state, especially this time of the year.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LuckyState98

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2010, 05:35:47 AM »
Why do I love me?

Because if I do not love me, how could I even beginning to really love anyone else?

LuckyState98

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2010, 07:29:54 PM »
I notice that every time I break my principles, I feel pain which leads to breaking more principles.

I am very happy to not break principles, and sometimes I feel like I can break a little without getting in trouble, but i am so wrong to think like that.

I am in so much pain today.

You cannot break principles, but only break yourself upon them.  I was doing really good too, in a certain area.

Oh well, it is a learning process, and I finally learn my lesson today.

From this day forward, May 18th, I will never break one of Principles again, especially my Private Principles, because I love Me.

My Public Principle
My Private Principles
My Happiness Principles
My success Principles
My Trading Principles (as far as Trading goes, Triggers first before Entry)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 07:37:23 PM by LuckyState98 »

LuckyState98

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 07:38:22 PM »
My lesson from today in Trading is that to apply my principles at all times, including Triggers first.

LuckyState98

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 08:04:22 PM »
Dear P,

Once, we were the best of friends as well as lovers.... what happened?

I never wanted to give up loving you, but I only did so to ease my pain and lessen my pain when you left for your activities.  Prior to that, My life long goal had been to have you eventually love me as a soulmate.

I was filled with so much pain every time you left, that I had no choice but to tune you out for my sanity, to stop crying.  After awhile, it became so much a part of me, that I could not get rid of it. I am sorry for hurting you in return when you hurt me.

I do miss my friend and love, but that is in the past and nothing will bring back that life.  I know you are living a life that you have always dreamed about and I am happy for you from the bottom of my heart.

I really think you are a strong individual and you will find the love of your life, someone to complete you.  

It is good to talk to you sometimes as friends.:)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:11:19 PM by LuckyState98 »

LuckyState98

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 08:14:46 PM »
Re:  Dearest P;

Go and find all the happiness you can find.  You deserve the best that life has to offer.

LuckyState98

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2010, 06:25:05 AM »
Re:  Trading Results

Practice:

1. Bringing more awareness in every situation
2.  Practice being Discipline
3. Practice detachment to results in every situation

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:10:33 AM by LuckyState98 »

LuckyState98

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2010, 05:20:17 AM »
Quote of the Day:

"I live to work hard, not get rich."  - Ikea founder, Ingvar Kamprad

LuckyState98

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2010, 05:33:43 AM »
What makes people happiest?     FREEDOM

LuckyState98

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2010, 01:56:08 PM »
May 20th 2010:

I purified myself in the St Croix Today.

My hope is to wash away all the dirt and filth that has acumulated over the years and to emerge a lotus flower.

LuckyState98

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2010, 02:05:40 PM »
The other day, I asked my 7 years old girl to set the table.  She knows it's her job, but right before that she had asked me to open a cup of jelly for her; you know the kind of jelly cup you find in Asian stores.

She had one hand around the jelly cup and was sucking on it and enjoying it slowly, and the other hand doing the plates and silverware.  As I reflect on the memory, I am so in love with her.  Her energy, her willingness to balance her chores with enjoying a treat, and her joy in performing both tasks.

LuckyState98

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2010, 02:13:43 PM »
There's a saying that I heard:

One cannot break a principle "like honesty", but you can only break yourself upon it.

LuckyState98

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 08:47:01 AM »
How to motivate someone and also bring joy into the equation?  Positve reinforcement. 

Everytime a love one does something you like, give him or her a compliment right away, and you will find that they will enjoy doing it more often without your nagging.

LuckyState98

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2010, 09:55:01 AM »
Hey L,

You're giving me too much credit, maybe because the way I phrased it.  I don't think it's that I need to suffer to find my greatest path, but may I assigned it so to make the most use of the past.  I bet you sometimes it's trying to find meaning from the hard times, and so as to not dwell in the past and allow it to eat you up.  And you tell yourself that you are better off, because you're able to forgive the past, including yourself, and mostly you're able to learn from it.  But there are moments when you do ask "what happened?"  Because you're able to reflect on it with positive thoughts, you're able to smile and say, "something happened and I am as responsible as the other person and I take my share and learn what I can to be better next time."  And if you can't say that, then you're still clinging on to the past, which will hurt only you.

The aware and certainty part is still a work in progress as I am trying to bring it to become a habit.  Don't take it for strong assurance that I have reached a milestone of some sort, but I am aware that I need to constantly bring awareness to situations I encounter and actions that I take.  I have noticed that awareness really calms my negative emotions and dissipates negative energies.  The certainty thing might be an overstatement, I will explain.  In the past, I have done things that worked personally and career-wise without being aware of why it worked, except for the fact of hard work and patience alone.  For example, although I am still having a hard time incorporating the detachment principle, I really found an appreciation for it.  In the past, when I traded successfully, I came in loved my job, waited patiently for the right opportunity, traded them when they came, and went home with no positions at all.  I was not attached to outcome, losses or wins, but I find joy of being in the process.  I notice towards the end, I started carrying positions home, mostly losers; because if they were winners I would have cashed out and gone home with a smile.  I think it came about because my need to morph and grow as a trader, but however it was done on the fly without sound thoughts.  And I become attached to the losing positions emotionally and they eat you up psychology as well as start hoping that the market would turn.  I started hating my job so much that sometimes I would take these really long lunches or walks.  Sometimes clinging to bad positions would work, which makes things worst, because you have just taught yourself that applying a flawed strategy can work if you hold on long enough.  With that strategy, I feel it's almost like training yourself to smoke cigarettes and after a while it's okay because you need it to deal with all the stress, including that of being a filthy smoker.  To use the cigarette analogy again, I feel as if I am now aware of seeing smoking for what it really is: a psychological trap which will only deteriorate you mentally and physically.  And that makes me feel some sense of certainty, that I can hope to let go of some bad habits and reconstruct more sound principles.  Thus being detached or unclinging to results made me a better trader in the past.  When I became attached to results, then I cling to losers and I start a cycle that could spiral downward, including adopting unsound principles.  I guess my what I am trying to say is that I think I am more aware of why things worked or failed in the past for me and trying to learn from them.   If nothing, I am making an effort to practice awareness to strengthen good habits and get rid of useless ones.

However, I did get a better understanding of the purpose of life, at least my life.  I don't know how much I will be able to apply, and I should make an effort to apply as much as I can.  You know how I told you that one of the greatest purpose in ones life is to be a link in the ever flowing circle of life.  How strong you are in that link will help determine how strong the next link will be.  Therefore one of the greatest thing a person can do is be of service to others, but with detachment to results.  Catering to the desire of the ego and the self will not lead to happiness.  That is why I really admire your example of Yij C's approach to someone asking for money.  Most people will easily shun it by thinking "if I give, I will re-inforce a bad habit or I will end up being scammed."

Okay, how much are you going to charge me for the therapy session?  :)

Music time:

Do you like Joshua Kadison?  Sometimes I can listen to Jessie all day.  I like Postcards from LA too.

LuckyState98

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2010, 03:06:43 PM »
Nothing is real until you created it in your mind.  You give it permission to live.

Live your life to be worthy of the energy you take.

There's only one real sin and that is theft.  Every other sin is a variation of that.  For example when you tell a lie, you steal someone else's right to tell the truth - From 'The Kite Runner'

Cowards die many times before their deaths.  The valiant never taste of death but once - William Shakespeare

Advertisements