Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 711589 times)

yes

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #240 on: October 27, 2011, 10:40:01 AM »
Yes, you don't have kids yet... so you can put on anything and they will look good... with the excess stuff from giving birth... lolz!... I find that brand name material and styles compliments my body better... and help me to look half-way decent...
LL--I do have angels!! I've mentioned them before in the family/marriage forum .  :)

You do have a great sense for style though  O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 27, 2011, 10:40:27 AM »
My everyday style is work casual:  Today CK mid length printed cotton Tee  w/ a layer sweater, long flattering Docker's dress pants & born shoes.  

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

go-go

« Reply #242 on: October 27, 2011, 10:41:33 AM »
From reading all your excerpts, I guess I dress boring everyday!!  I only try to dress up (or put in more efforts is more like it) in the summer time.  In the fall and winter, it's basically jeans and something warm with a pair of boots.  Dressing up takes too much efforts and I've gotten lazy now.

Jeans from NYC
long sleeve purple tshirt from Kohls
Nike running jacket (it was by the door!)
Ascis running shoes
Yes --I have a skirt like the one you're wearing and I only paid 5.99 at Ross.
Anemome, I love your blouse and I love that color....I was really into the yellow/butter color this summer.

yes

« Reply #243 on: October 27, 2011, 10:43:46 AM »
gogo: i'm casual most days. jeans and simple top. once in a while on my down mornings...i'll just amp my outfit to amp my mood.  O0

LadyLionness

« Reply #244 on: October 27, 2011, 10:57:12 AM »
Go-go...

Once you have the pieces... and an idea of what you like... (via magazines)... it takes no more effort than throwing on a T-Shirt and Jeans...

Also... if you have a few nice blazers, leather jackets, and jean jackets... you can just throw it on top of what you have on today and still look sophisticated. .. if you so wish... lolz!

go-go

« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2011, 11:14:35 AM »
Casual is the work environment... ....and at first, I was really dressing up all the time.  But over the  last couple of years, I've gotten used to the casualness -- everyone comes in jeans and shorts, flip flops and tshirt about 99% of the time. 

I have the pieces, but I don't put much effort into it unless it's for church, or going out or to a special event.  For work... ehhhhh.    :2funny:

Honey

« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2011, 11:17:16 AM »
Lady, you can wear jeans to work? Gosh if I could that would be awesome. I can't do cargo either, too casual. I'm in slacks and a button up collared shirt and I'm still too casual.

LadyLionness

« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2011, 11:18:09 AM »
Casual is the work environment... ....and at first, I was really dressing up all the time.  But over the  last couple of years, I've gotten used to the casualness -- everyone comes in jeans and shorts, flip flops and tshirt about 99% of the time. 

I have the pieces, but I don't put much effort into it unless it's for church, or going out or to a special event.  For work... ehhhhh.    :2funny:

My current work place is like that too... but I get bored easily with my clothes... so that's why I am making the effort... I get really dressed up for church... mostly dresses too... lolz!

go-go

« Reply #248 on: October 27, 2011, 11:50:58 AM »
Lady, you can wear jeans to work? Gosh if I could that would be awesome. I can't do cargo either, too casual. I'm in slacks and a button up collared shirt and I'm still too casual.
yeap. everyday. flips flops in the summer. actual shoes in the winter.  you can wear shorts too, but I have fat legs, so I wear capris.  LOL.

About the only thing I really put an effort into every morning is makeup and hair.  

Honey

« Reply #249 on: October 27, 2011, 11:53:19 AM »
You guys are so lucky. At one point I wished I worked in a business where business attire was required, but now, I wish I had something more laid back. It takes a lot of energy and time. And like many of you, you get lazy and tired of it after a while. But I can only dress down so much before I embarrass myself..haha!

LadyLionness

« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2011, 12:10:54 PM »
I'm wearing black again. 

Taupe top, Ann Taylor Loft
Black trousers, Limited
Long black sweater, NY&Co
Black open-toe heels, Aldo
Necklace, F21
Burberry watch

It's pretty easy for me to remember where I bought my clothes. I know where each piece came from.

Beautiful... you probably LOVE each piece of your clothes as much as I love mine... lolz!

LadyLionness

« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2011, 12:14:50 PM »

Yes, I can wear Jeans and Cargos to work... most of the people here wear jeans and t-shirts with gym shoes... a few had tried wearing flip-flops... but that didn't go too well.  Even the owner and vice-presidents wear jeans... except they were nicer shirts and will often sport a blazer.

How does the rest of your co-worker dress?  Are they in 3-piece suits, etc?

Honey

« Reply #252 on: October 27, 2011, 12:19:39 PM »
Yes, I can wear Jeans and Cargos to work... most of the people here wear jeans and t-shirts with gym shoes... a few had tried wearing flip-flops... but that didn't go too well.  Even the owner and vice-presidents wear jeans... except they were nicer shirts and will often sport a blazer.

How does the rest of your co-worker dress?  Are they in 3-piece suits, etc?

Most of them are pretty business casual like me. And then the others are in skirts and blazers. And the bosses are always in a 3 piece suit. So I'm pretty okay, but should I slack more than this, then I become the odd one out. I NEVER wear skirts. I think I'm the only girl who works here who has NEVER worn a skirt...haha!

LadyLionness

« Reply #253 on: October 27, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »
Most of them are pretty business casual like me. And then the others are in skirts and blazers. And the bosses are always in a 3 piece suit. So I'm pretty okay, but should I slack more than this, then I become the odd one out. I NEVER wear skirts. I think I'm the only girl who works here who has NEVER worn a skirt...haha!

You can still add some fun... with high end leather jackets and blazers... colored blazers would work too...

Moo.Moo.Yee

« Reply #254 on: October 27, 2011, 12:40:14 PM »
speaking of work attire, i feel like i'm always the dressed up one here. our code is business casual with jeans on Fridays. I usually wear dress slacks, a printed top and a cardigan over it with some sort of matching accessory and nice shoes. I never wear tennies here, even on casual friday. On jeans day, I wear dark colored jeans or trouser style jeans with a nice top. Just like any regular work day look but with jeans. Some people just show up in a sweatshirt, khakis and tennies everyday. That's not biz casual in my book. lol. Our higher ups are always in a suit and tie (males) or pant/skirt suit (females). I would hate to walk around looking like a bum in front of these people, you know?!

Advertisements