Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 711518 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #255 on: October 27, 2011, 12:41:57 PM »
speaking of work attire, i feel like i'm always the dressed up one here. our code is business casual with jeans on Fridays. I usually wear dress slacks, a printed top and a cardigan over it with some sort of matching accessory and nice shoes. I never wear tennies here, even on casual friday. Some people just show up in a sweatshirt, khakis and tennies everyday. That's not biz casual in my book. lol. Our higher ups are always in a suit and tie (males) or pant/skirt suit (females). I would hate to walk around looking like a bum in front of these people, you know?!

Yes, I used to work in an environment like that, that's why I didn't own any jeans until I started working here...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

go-go

« Reply #256 on: October 27, 2011, 01:17:13 PM »
I agree! I used to wish I worked in a posh environment where I got to dress up all the time. Well, I'm in an environment like that right now! Everyone here is so styling and trendy...omg, I should take photos of the way the women here dress. It looks like the pages of Jcrew or Banana Republic ads. My sister came to my work place once and said, "Wow, everyone here looks like a freakin model!".

There are some non-model/normal people here too... ahahaa (like me).  ;D But I guess if I ever was to "dress down" which I think is the way I pretty much look every day, I would feel like an outcast just because everyone is so dressed up.  :-\
For me, I think the really big factor as to why I don't want to dress up anymore is that there's only 3 of us ladies here and I'm the youngest.  LOL!! The other two are over 50 for one and 66 for the other one.  So, for me, there's no competition to dress fashionably.  When I do put in effort and look fashionable, then I feel as if I'm way too over the top.  I used to work in a business attire only environment, but I'm really glad to have the option to dress up or dress down now.

yes

« Reply #257 on: October 27, 2011, 01:36:59 PM »
For me, I think the really big factor as to why I don't want to dress up anymore is that there's only 3 of us ladies here and I'm the youngest.  LOL!! The other two are over 50 for one and 66 for the other one.  So, for me, there's no competition to dress fashionably.  When I do put in effort and look fashionable, then I feel as if I'm way too over the top.  I used to work in a business attire only environment, but I'm really glad to have the option to dress up or dress down now.
LMAO thats how I feel where I work that's why it's a once every 2-3 weeks only!

LadyLionness

« Reply #258 on: October 27, 2011, 01:39:39 PM »
When I first started here, all 3 women were over 50 and didn't dress to any style of fashion... but I still strive to dress nice... I don't know... I usually dress to make me happy... and I don't feel over the top... b/c part of it is attitude... and I don't dress overly sexy or girly b/c it's mostly men...

Honey

« Reply #259 on: October 27, 2011, 02:42:34 PM »
You can still add some fun... with high end leather jackets and blazers... colored blazers would work too...

No leather jackets and colored blazers would be too much. The unfortunate thing about my work place is, it's is not stylish, just very conservative and businesy. If I wore colors or leather for that matter, I'm pretty sure I'd get odd stairs. It's not really an environment that is trendy persay, it's more of a very conservative, business attire kind of place. Tons of older people. That's why I don't dress TOO trendy, but I can't dress down either.

yes

« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2011, 09:55:43 AM »
Today....Nine West boots on sale at Marshalls (this i do remember!), pencil skirt with a buttoned shirt (don't remember where).

Pls excuse the dirt...hehe

LadyLionness

« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2011, 09:55:50 AM »
Dana Buchman Eyelet Trench
DKNY Black T-Shirt over red Tank Top
Ann Taylor Red Boot Cut Jeans
Black Born shoes

This exact trench... only difference is that my pants are red...

Close up... I have been drooling over this trench for a year or so now.. finally found it in a price I was willing to pay...

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:04:15 AM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2011, 10:07:33 AM »
No leather jackets and colored blazers would be too much. The unfortunate thing about my work place is, it's is not stylish, just very conservative and businesy. If I wore colors or leather for that matter, I'm pretty sure I'd get odd stairs. It's not really an environment that is trendy persay, it's more of a very conservative, business attire kind of place. Tons of older people. That's why I don't dress TOO trendy, but I can't dress down either.

How about some nice trench coats then?

yes

« Reply #263 on: October 28, 2011, 10:16:52 AM »
This exact trench... only difference is that my pants are red...

Close up... I have been drooling over this trench for a year or so now.. finally found it in a price I was willing to pay...

[/quote]
oo i love that coat too!

LadyLionness

« Reply #264 on: October 28, 2011, 10:19:13 AM »
It's even nicer in person... and really thin... there's no lining, so it will make a great summer trench...

yes

« Reply #265 on: October 28, 2011, 10:21:46 AM »
that's good. i hate thick coats. i like thin ones where i can just lay it over sweaters or other pieces.

LadyLionness

« Reply #266 on: October 28, 2011, 10:24:13 AM »
that's good. i hate thick coats. i like thin ones where i can just lay it over sweaters or other pieces.

and be able to wear them year round... same here.

Honey

« Reply #267 on: October 28, 2011, 10:25:17 AM »
How about some nice trench coats then?

I have trench coats, but do you wear it all day? I guess, in an office, I'm not wearing a coat of any sort. I'm a huge cardigan fan though.

Today, (YAY FOR FRIDAYS, Business Casual). Blue skinny jeans, black fats, white tank, blue cardigan (this I remember, Nordstrom Rack), black/white tribal scarf.

LadyLionness

« Reply #268 on: October 28, 2011, 10:29:37 AM »
Yes, I wear my trench coat all day... unless I get too hot...

I like cardigans too, and have few, but I don't wear them as often as I wear jackets and blazers... My cardigans are from Ann Taylor and really thin, so they are great over dresses... or layering under blazers and jackets...

LadyLionness

« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2011, 10:30:48 AM »
If you want to wear your trench coat all day, it should be one that is fitted in the back, so that it looks more like a blazer and not loose like a rain coat... that's just my opinion... lolz!

Advertisements