Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 711435 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #615 on: March 20, 2012, 12:31:09 PM »
I pretty much wear jackets year round... lolz... leather and heavy ones for fall, winter, spring... denim and vests for summer... but in the office... I still wear jackets and scarves... I have a cold back...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

go-go

« Reply #616 on: March 20, 2012, 01:28:11 PM »
LL- Ok so maybe I've been reading too many fashion blogs where they pick apart celebrities outfits and styling but as I was looking through your pictures, I'm beginning to pick apart some of your styling.  I'm no fashion experts, but I do have opinions.  If you don't mind, could I point some out?

The hems on your pants - most of them look a bit too long.

The shoes in that purple jacket picture needs to go.  I think that's the best outfit you showed, but it's ruined by those shoes.... they totally look too clunky for that sleek look and the brown is not working for it at all. Try a gray pair. and not by Born.

The scarf in the olive jacket is a skosh too long... it's throwing off your proportions... with wide leg pants, the scarf shouldn't come half way down to your thighs... maybe wear it shorter, just right below where the jacket ends...?

And then in the black trench jacket picture, there's too many elements, you have the zippers in the jackets, the buckles on the shoes, the open zipper on the arm, the watch, the hem on the pants... I think if you sub a different pair of shoes, maybe a pair of color boot (with no visible buckles) and switch out the scarf with no fringes so that the fringes and the zippers on the coat don't make your middle area look so busy...? or don't even wear a scarf...the jacket is the star here, so maybe try something sleek and minimal (a dress with color pump)

Then the one with the green jacket, I think it would look awesome without that red scarf.  It's simple but colorful.

And the white trench picture, at first glance, it looks like a doctor overcoat... with your hair down and all.   Maybe put your hair in a chignon, and change out the shoes... try a wedge?

I don't know......kuv laam tau laam has xwb, hopefully you're not mad at me for making some stupid suggestions :)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:00:10 PM by thajyeeb »

LadyLionness

« Reply #617 on: March 20, 2012, 01:31:51 PM »
No, absolutely not... that's the purpose of this thread... to learn from each other... will try your suggestions... lolz...

The hems... I have been thinking on it... but haven't decided yet... the wide leg pants one... just haven't have time yet...

go-go

« Reply #618 on: March 20, 2012, 01:37:05 PM »
ok thanks!  I think the wide legs jean is good, it looks really good on you but somehow the black pants one doens't.  Maybe it's the cut in the thighs... the jeans looks more fitted and straight whereas the black one looks like a looser fit.

LadyLionness

« Reply #619 on: March 20, 2012, 01:42:14 PM »
ok thanks!  I think the wide legs jean is good, it looks really good on you but somehow the black pants one doens't.  Maybe it's the cut in the thighs... the jeans looks more fitted and straight whereas the black one looks like a looser fit.

Yes, I notice that too... especially when I was posting up this last night... but I just wanted to put the jacket out there...

go-go

« Reply #620 on: March 20, 2012, 02:13:17 PM »
LL- Ok so maybe I've been reading too many fashion blogs where they pick apart celebrities outfits and styling but as I was looking through your pictures, I'm beginning to pick apart some of your styling.  I'm no fashion experts, but I do have opinions.  If you don't mind, could I point some out?

The hems on your pants - most of them look a bit too long.

The shoes in that purple jacket picture needs to go.  I think that's the best outfit you showed, but it's ruined by those shoes.... they totally look too clunky for that sleek look and the brown is not working for it at all. Try a gray pair. and not by Born.

Forget the gray... try it with these!

I was looking at Born shoes because you have them in every one of your outfits...and I was wondering what's up with them? i have one pair of Born shoes and I hardly wear it.  Anyway, then I saw this pair of gorgeous blue sandal and I loved it!    It's a wedge...and it's Born so I thought I suggest it to you.  

I might even get it for myself.... maybe.  :2funny: :2funny:  More than likely, NOT!

(yes I have a long afternoon to kill!)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:15:28 PM by thajyeeb »

LadyLionness

« Reply #621 on: March 20, 2012, 02:15:13 PM »
Forget the gray... try it with these!

I was looking at Born shoes because you have them in every one of your outfits...and I was wondering what's up with them? i have one pair of Born shoes and I hardly wear it.  Anyway, then I saw them this pair of gorgeous blue sandal and I loved it! And it's a wedge...and it's Born so I thought I suggest it to you.   :2funny:

(yes I have a long afternoon to kill!)

Born shoes feels like gym shoes, you can walk around in them all day... yes, those are beautiful... I will have to pick up that ... don't have blue shoes yet...

go-go

« Reply #622 on: March 20, 2012, 02:21:14 PM »
yes They do feel comfortable, but the overal asthestic of the look is just not my cup of tea. Except that blue wedge - I love that color, but at $115?  Nah.

I only have a pair that looks like this and I wear it occassionally.  Bought it Marshalls for $49.

LadyLionness

« Reply #623 on: March 20, 2012, 02:23:03 PM »
yes They do feel comfortable, but the overal asthestic of the look is just not my cup of tea. Except that blue wedge - I love that color, but at $115?  Nah.

I only have a pair that looks like this and I wear it occassionally.  Bought it Marshalls for $49.

I don't wear the flat born ... well except for the beautiful flat flora sandals...

I like mine and I like the new styles coming out... Can't wait to buy some.  I usually wait until eBay has them for roughly $50 or less before I buy them...

go-go

« Reply #624 on: March 20, 2012, 02:54:49 PM »
Anyway. I'm feel bad for making all those suggestions. It might seem like I'm criticizing you without sharing my own outfits.  I don't have a camera with me and my cell phone sucks, so here's what I can find on the internet.
I don't have any fancy jackets... just standard items.

top by Liz Clairborne

yellow cardigan, Express

black chino, Merona

A.n.a sandals

LadyLionness

« Reply #625 on: March 20, 2012, 02:57:48 PM »
lolz... don't feel bad... hehehe...

I started out just posting similar pix of my outfit only too... but the ladies said they would like to see them on me... so I have just started trying to remember to take pix... plus... it's only been a year or so now that I am finally comfortable with the style I have evolved into... this expresses me... who I am and all that.... before was just hit or miss...

LadyLionness

« Reply #626 on: March 20, 2012, 04:04:56 PM »
Anemone... I agree...  :) :) :)

go-go

« Reply #627 on: March 20, 2012, 04:09:25 PM »
Yeah, it's hard to get into a comfortable style.  I don't know what my style is, but it's not trendy. I guess it's more of a classical style - straight lines, clean hems, not of lot of those trendy details like bows, ruffles or braids or all those bell and whistles. 

I like jackets too, but cardigans more.  It seems to me like you like outwear jackets -- all of those jackets are outwears.  Do you wear them all day long in the office?  

LadyLionness

« Reply #628 on: March 20, 2012, 04:12:06 PM »
Yeah, it's hard to get into a comfortable style.  I don't know what my style is, but it's not trendy. I guess it's more of a classical style - straight lines, clean hems, not of lot of those trendy details like bows, ruffles or braids or all those bell and whistles. 

I like jackets too, but cardigans more.  It seems to me like you like outwear jackets -- all of those jackets are outwears.  Do you wear them all day long in the office? 

Yes, I do.  I have blazers too and I love them equally.  The colored leather jackets are actually not outerwear... as they are designed to be worn fitted...same as blazers... the trench coats are more outerwear, but I try to find light materials... I have more... will have to wear them and take pix...

go-go

« Reply #629 on: March 20, 2012, 04:12:52 PM »
Thanks, Anemone.  I don't mind constructive criticism either.  But, I've observed that, most often times, people don't like things being pointed out to them.  Especialy here on PH, for some reason.

I am not an fashion expert and by no means am I "fashionable"!   :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:  Heck, most days, I look like a bum, esp in summer.  But, I do like fashion and I'm learning to accessorize --- just not on myself.  I like to do it to other people -- same with makeup and hair.  I love doing other's hair and makeup, but hate doing my own.  Not sure why that is...  :2funny:

Advertisements