Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 711442 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #630 on: March 20, 2012, 04:16:28 PM »
Thanks, Anemone.  I don't mind constructive criticism either.  But, I've observed that, most often times, people don't like things being pointed out to them.  Especialy here on PH, for some reason.

I am not an fashion expert and by no means am I "fashionable"!   :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:  Heck, most days, I look like a bum, esp in summer.  But, I do like fashion and I'm learning to accessorize --- just not on myself.  I like to do it to other people -- same with makeup and hair.  I love doing other's hair and makeup, but hate doing my own.  Not sure why that is...  :2funny:

I love doing my own and others... I would love to teach our Hmong ladies some day... according to their styles and body shape... that is why I love it when you ladies contribute and share your outfits...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

go-go

« Reply #631 on: March 20, 2012, 04:19:13 PM »
Constructive criticism is not bad.

I would not mind at all if anyone gave me feedback on how I dressed. In fact, I welcome it! I think we can all learn something from each other. What I think looks awesome on my body might not be true, maybe I just think it looks awesome because I’m so comfortable with it and when we get comfortable, we don’t step outside our comfort-zone.

I rather someone be honest with me than try to sugar coat it and tell me I look “great” all the time without any real feedback.

Heck, I might start posting my daily wears again. I still need to find what works well for me, how to style my clothes, etc…

thajyeeb, I think you're on to something here.  O0

and yes, please post up your daily wears.  I have noticed that you like the same styling as me... LOL.  

I dont think I will ever be able to post up my daily wear - because one, it means I'll have to dress up everyday and two, I hardly have time in the morning to grab a bite to eat before I herd my kids off to school.  so, unless I wake up extra early and dress up all the time, I'll just critique!   :D

LadyLionness

« Reply #632 on: March 20, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »
and yes, please post up your daily wears.  I have noticed that you like the same styling as me... LOL. 

I dont think I will ever be able to post up my daily wear - because one, it means I'll have to dress up everyday and two, I hardly have time in the morning to grab a bite to eat before I herd my kids off to school.  so, unless I wake up extra early and dress up all the time, I'll just critique!   :D

but on the days you do... snap a pic to share... or even to special outting on the weekend.

go-go

« Reply #633 on: March 20, 2012, 04:29:34 PM »
but on the days you do... snap a pic to share... or even to special outting on the weekend.

ok I'll remember that!  but my husband's away all week...so maybe I'll have time to play dress up!  :2funny:

LadyLionness

« Reply #634 on: March 20, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »
ok I'll remember that!  but my husband's away all week...so maybe I'll have time to play dress up!  :2funny:

I have been wanting to do that too...hehehe.. . maybe one of these weekend I get all glammed up and try on various outfits...

DeceiversChick

« Reply #635 on: March 21, 2012, 11:03:06 AM »
Constructive criticism is not bad.

I would not mind at all if anyone gave me feedback on how I dressed. In fact, I welcome it! I think we can all learn something from each other. What I think looks awesome on my body might not be true, maybe I just think it looks awesome because I’m so comfortable with it and when we get comfortable, we don’t step outside our comfort-zone.

I rather someone be honest with me than try to sugar coat it and tell me I look “great” all the time without any real feedback.

Heck, I might start posting my daily wears again. I still need to find what works well for me, how to style my clothes, etc…

thajyeeb, I think you're on to something here.  O0
I agree with you!!!

I wanted to point out some items from LL's photo's but didn't want to say anything either. I'm no fashion expert and I'm very NPAJ NAUJ so I have no right to give constrictive criticism. ehehehe

This thread is inspiring me to post some of my daily outfits however I throw whatever on. My workplace is business casual but I do it with no style. I wear whatever I feel like in the morning and they do not match at all. LMAO

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:05:51 AM by DeceiversChick »

go-go

« Reply #636 on: March 21, 2012, 01:35:47 PM »
Here’s my share for today.

It’s casual week at the office this week so I’m in jeans. And today we have some award ceremony so my division was slotted to wear yellow.

Mustard cardigan – NY&Co (one of my favorite sweaters, bought it about 4 yrs ago)
Cream shell – Ann Taylor LOFT
Dark boot cut jeans – Levi (petite)
Black strappy wedge – Mossimo Target

That's something that I would wear on a daily basis.   ;D I think it looks fine, but you could change out the cream shell for something more visually stimulating, a print or a floral to compliment the mustard cardigan.  And pair the cream shell with a wild-color/print cardigan to tone it down.

LadyLionness

« Reply #637 on: March 21, 2012, 02:05:20 PM »
1.  Wilson blue leather jacket
2.  Joe Boxer tank top
3.  Boot cut jeans
4.  Black BORN flora sandals

go-go

« Reply #638 on: March 21, 2012, 04:03:53 PM »
I’m not big on prints so that’s my problem. And I’m very self cautious about my body so I just feel like prints scream attention. I wear cardigans/sweaters/anything that covers up…almost daily. And 98% of my cardigans are solid colors.

My wardrobe is pretty safe and boring. I really don’t experiment a lot and I am not a very trendy person.

I think it would be interesting if someone else dressed me though, I'd like to see what kind of clothes they’d put me in.  ;D

Are you sure about that? See that yellow floral tee shirt I posted yesterday? You're saying you can't wear something like that underneath? It's basically just a v-neck tshirt with some floral prints from Liz Clairborne at JCP.  

How about something like this from Anne Taylor website:  

It's pretty safe but has some visual interest from the vertical strips, and the muted grays (I think it's gray).  

I'd be interested to see what others put on me too.  Do you watch What Not To Wear? I watch it religiously and all the re-runs too.  When I go to the store, I try to go outside my normal, safe items.  And I've tried to stay in one store and make an outfit. Or else, I buy pieces from different places and then I take a picture of it so that when I go shopping elsewhere, I'll remember to buy something to go with it.  It's frustrating and time consuming (so don't take along any kids or spouse!), but it makes sense! You can go home and have a complete outfit (minus the shoes, of course, and the purse hahahaha)

I have a lot of solids too, but I'm finding that when I piece a solid cardigan with a printed shell (or vice versa) - I feel better about how I look that day.  Plus, if you're frugal, the printed piece is very verstile and you can mix and match with other color cardigan.  So, that yellow floral top from Anne Taylor, I'd pair it with the yellow cardigan, the lavender one the next time, a gray one the next time and a coral one another time.  You can belt it in with a pencil skirt or capris.  I love capris with summer cardigan -- it's my go-to summer style. LOL  

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:10:24 PM by thajyeeb »

go-go

« Reply #639 on: March 21, 2012, 04:28:50 PM »
See this printed cardigan? You can pair this with the cream shell you have on.

Or, I flip it around and wear a solid cadigan with a printed top to tone down the print.

This is the style that I normally wear... so I have a lot of cardigans and printed tshirt/shells.  ;D

These are just pictures I found on the internet, but you get the picture now, right? You said you're a visual person, so I got some pictures for you.    :2funny:

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:33:00 PM by thajyeeb »

LadyLionness

« Reply #640 on: March 21, 2012, 04:33:16 PM »
I don't do prints very well either... I have a few prints, but mainly solids.  I have a few prints, but they are more abtract and not too many colors.

LadyLionness

« Reply #641 on: March 21, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »
I don't do prints very well either... I have a few prints, but mainly solids.  I have a few prints, but they are more abtract and not too many colors.

Now, I am into a black shirt only phrase... and adding colors via outer layers or scrafs...

go-go

« Reply #642 on: March 21, 2012, 04:48:45 PM »
I don't do prints very well either... I have a few prints, but mainly solids.  I have a few prints, but they are more abtract and not too many colors.

LOL! I know... I used to only have solids, but, I love prints now and I only buy the ones in my taste preferences.  I don't do the wild animal prints or the African prints, but I do like florals - not big florals, but florals in abstract designs, and other printed abstract.

Now, I am into a black shirt only phrase... and adding colors via outer layers or scrafs...
I got over the black and brown and white phase.  I found that I actually look really good in colors!  LOL!!   :2funny:  Especially gemstone colors and even some soft feminine color like-- PINK, lavender and coral! who knew!  

OHH!  Ladies -- go try on gemstone colors tops -- with our dark hair, it frames our face beautifully!!  I swear it!  For me, it's the amethyst, emerald, green and garnet colors that really stand out.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:52:21 PM by thajyeeb »

LadyLionness

« Reply #643 on: March 21, 2012, 04:51:50 PM »
thayeeb,

I do wear colors... and I used to be into gemstone colored tops b/c I use to have all neutral jackets and bottoms... but now that I have colored jackets and pants, I prefer a dark, solid base to build from.

I do still have a few prints and colors that I wear when I am wearing a neutra color jacket.

go-go

« Reply #644 on: March 21, 2012, 05:04:13 PM »
I can not do colored pants. They scream 80's and old to me.  Maybe it's because when we were young, my parents always got us whatever color pants (or clothings) they could find at the salvation army or the thrift stores.  :2funny:

It's like hardwood floors.  Back then, we were poor and always lived in houses with hardwood floorings.  I've always thought that hardwood floorings were for poor people who can't afford carpets.  (:idiot2: @ me) Everyone that we knew then that had nice houses always had beautiful carpeted living rooms/bedrooms. As I got older, I learned that hardwood floors are the desired choice of floors.

Advertisements