Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 715247 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #645 on: March 21, 2012, 05:07:58 PM »
I can not do colored pants. They scream 80's and old to me.  Maybe it's because when we were young, my parents always got us whatever color pants (or clothings) they could find at the salvation army or the thrift stores.  :2funny:

It's like hardwood floors.  Back then, we were poor and always lived in houses with hardwood floorings.  I've always thought that hardwood floorings were for poor people who can't afford carpets.  (:idiot2: @ me) Everyone that we knew then that had nice houses always had beautiful carpeted living rooms/bedrooms. As I got older, I learned that hardwood floors are the desired choice of floors.

Lolz, it's funny how our childhood impression affects us today, huh?  To this day, I hardly ever eat tootsie rolls.. b/c as kids, we would take a dollar to the candy store and buy 100 candy... some toosties, some of theose pink bubble gum... so to me they were poor people candy....

I love colored skinnies... but trying to not buy too much b/c it's trendy.... so it could go out of style soon...  so far, I only have the green one and a blue one... the rest are all neutral colors...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

go-go

« Reply #646 on: March 21, 2012, 05:08:39 PM »
I have some tops and cardigans very similar to the visuals you posted. I will put an outfit together tomorrow and you guys can give me some feedback. I feel like the prints don't look good on me, like I can't pull it off. But who knows...look forward to constructive feedback.  :)

Looking forward to it! I thought about playing dress up last night and posting up some of usual looks, but, decided against it. Was too tired after dinner, and since I have no husband for the week, I wanted to sit and relax with a book instead since no one will be interrupting me every few minutes to look for something he "misplaced".

go-go

« Reply #647 on: March 21, 2012, 10:58:42 PM »
OK! So tonight, I decided, on a whim, to take some pictures of some normal tops that I usually wear.  I didn't change out the jeans (but most of the times, I'm in jeans or slack - rarely in skirts), and didn't add any accessories because I'm just too damn lazy right now -- and because, frankly, I dont have alot of cool accessories.  The ones that I do have are for dressier occassions, which didn't go well with these normal, everyday wear.  (I'll have to remedy that!) 

These are pretty standard looks for me. I'm looking to change it up, but MAN! It takes $$$$ to get some nice clothes!!! I do a lot of mix n match as you can see and trying to work with patterns (after watching Mondo on Project Runway).

I think this yellow tshirt is a skosh too short and too tight across the chest, huh?

optical illusion is good... makes me look like I actually have skinny thighs!!

I could've used a different belt, but ....this was on top and it's skinny enough! It'll do.
OH! And in order for this look to work, I find that you must have a skinny torso or your fat will look divy up like this...sad but true.

wow, do I have a flat azz or what?? My butt doesnt even fill out the jeans. hahahah...

So, gimme your critiques..... ....what accessories can I add?  I think the lengths of the cardigans are just right for me, not too long and not too short.  What else can I wear with it besides jeans? I've tried skirts, but I don't think I look good in skirts.  Too short-waisted and short-legged.  Plus, I'm chubby, so I tend to stay away from them because I have fat knees.  :-\   

LadyLionness

« Reply #648 on: March 21, 2012, 11:06:10 PM »
I like your mix of colors and print.  You have a good eye for that...  these cardigans would be too long for me... but they look good on you.  My only issue is that the cardigans are too loose

The yellow shirt is too short for the cardigan... (by the way, I have a cardigan similar color and print)...

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:08:09 PM by LadyLionness »

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
  • "The only ugly faces, are the ones we make."
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 22, 2012, 01:09:30 AM »
This looks fun!  Wish I have my camera! :)

I will share mine soon.  Well... when I have a camera. :D

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
  • "The only ugly faces, are the ones we make."
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 22, 2012, 01:15:54 AM »
LadyLionness, koj mus thaij duab qhov twg es pheej pom lub niag blue door nyob nram background na?

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

LadyLionness

« Reply #651 on: March 22, 2012, 06:26:12 AM »
LadyLionness, koj mus thaij duab qhov twg es pheej pom lub niag blue door nyob nram background na?

At work xwb os.... lolz... no time in the morning...

DeceiversChick

« Reply #652 on: March 22, 2012, 09:12:08 AM »
ThajYeeb, your attire and mix goes very well with e/o. I can't pull that off since my body type and shape is different from yours. I only wear solid prints and can pull off animal prints. Animal prints are only for the nightlife. Other than that it's mainly solid colors. I have 2 or 3 that has some kind of design but it's more on one spot versus all over the shirt.

As for skirts, you can totally pull it off. I see you in a Pencil skirt down to your knee's. It will accentuate your body and give you a very sexy and sophisticated look. Here's a visual of a pencil skirt below your knee.

I have a black pencil skirt that is a high waisted one and I LOVE it. I gained weight so it's a little tight on me but need to lose some weight to fit back into it. lol

go-go

« Reply #653 on: March 22, 2012, 10:27:22 AM »
I like your mix of colors and print.  You have a good eye for that...  these cardigans would be too long for me... but they look good on you.  My only issue is that the cardigans are too loose

The yellow shirt is too short for the cardigan... (by the way, I have a cardigan similar color and print)...

Thanks... and I have to chuckle because I like loose fitting around the waist so that it can hide the spare tire.   :2funny: :2funny:

Yeah the yellow shirt is too short, it was meant to go with another yellow cardigan also cut a little bit short. 

go-go

« Reply #654 on: March 22, 2012, 10:49:09 AM »
ThajYeeb, your attire and mix goes very well with e/o. I can't pull that off since my body type and shape is different from yours. I only wear solid prints and can pull off animal prints. Animal prints are only for the nightlife. Other than that it's mainly solid colors. I have 2 or 3 that has some kind of design but it's more on one spot versus all over the shirt.

As for skirts, you can totally pull it off. I see you in a Pencil skirt down to your knee's. It will accentuate your body and give you a very sexy and sophisticated look. Here's a visual of a pencil skirt below your knee.

I have a black pencil skirt that is a high waisted one and I LOVE it. I gained weight so it's a little tight on me but need to lose some weight to fit back into it. lol

Thanks....I like the colors too, but still trying to mix and match patterns.  I'm liking it more than I thought I would.  Also, I actually own quite alot of skirts and dresses, and some of these cardigans were bought to go with a skirt.  it's just that I just don't like to wear them to work (fat knees, ugly legs, more work, etc).  I have a black waist high pencil skirt too, and yes, I agree, it's very figure-flattering -- BUT -- I hate wearing it to work because, as you said, it's too sophisticated. Our workplace is not that kind of environment.  And if I dress up, then I feel as if the other folks are looking.  And if I wear heels, the long walk down the hallway makes too much noise with all that heels clicking on the floor.  *sigh*  Brings too much un-necessary attention.  

LadyLionness

« Reply #655 on: March 22, 2012, 10:56:41 AM »
Thanks....I like the colors too, but still trying to mix and match patterns.  I'm liking it more than I thought I would.  Also, I actually own quite alot of skirts and dresses, and some of these cardigans were bought to go with a skirt.  it's just that I just don't like to wear them to work (fat knees, ugly legs, more work, etc).  I have a black waist high pencil skirt too, and yes, I agree, it's very figure-flattering -- BUT -- I hate wearing it to work because, as you said, it's too sophisticated. Our workplace is not that kind of environment.  And if I dress up, then I feel as if the other folks are looking.  And if I wear heels, the long walk down the hallway makes too much noise with all that heels clicking on the floor.   *sigh*  Brings too much un-necessary attention. 

That's why I wear BORN shoes to work only... all rubber, no clicking of heels down the hall way.... I know they are not the most flattering shoes, but for 3.5 inches and  cuter than most painful shoes... I will live in these the rest of my life... lolz!   :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

go-go

« Reply #656 on: March 22, 2012, 11:01:15 AM »
I was lazy this morning so I didn’t spend too much time picking an outfit out. I’ll put more effort tonight.

I decided to pair a fuchsia top with a gray/cream print cardigan with dark denim jeans, and black heels. After I took the picture and saw it, I didn’t love the outfit so I changed up the printed cardigan and went with a black cardigan & chunky grey necklace and went to work (solid on solid again...I know!).

(sorry for the weird color, I had my camera set on the lomo effect and was running late so didn’t have time to retake a picture in normal settings).

Just changed the cardigan and put on necklace, wore the same jeans.

Ohh Anemone, I like the 1st look!  You should've stuck with it! You can add the necklace of the 2nd look to it to really make a statement.    You probably didn't like the look of the 1st one because you're not used to wearing it in that combination.  I think your comfort zone is solid on solid.

The 2nd look is fine, but it's just SOOOoooo plain.  And black and red is such an ordinary combo - I'm trying not to do ordinary combo (even though I did do a yellow and black combo in one of my looks hahahah)

go-go

« Reply #657 on: March 22, 2012, 11:04:29 AM »
That's why I wear BORN shoes to work only... all rubber, no clicking of heels down the hall way.... I know they are not the most flattering shoes, but for 3.5 inches and  cuter than most painful shoes... I will live in these the rest of my life... lolz!   :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

yeah but.... but I don't like Borne shoes.  I think they are too clunky and makes my feet look bigger in proportion to the rest of my body, like a caricature of a tiny head, spare tire in the middle and big feet sticking out.   :2funny: :2funny:

I found an ankle boot with rubber heels, and some other ones from Aerosole.  Plus, in the summer, it's mainly flip flops.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #658 on: March 22, 2012, 11:08:11 AM »
Thanks....I like the colors too, but still trying to mix and match patterns.  I'm liking it more than I thought I would.  Also, I actually own quite alot of skirts and dresses, and some of these cardigans were bought to go with a skirt.  it's just that I just don't like to wear them to work (fat knees, ugly legs, more work, etc).  I have a black waist high pencil skirt too, and yes, I agree, it's very figure-flattering -- BUT -- I hate wearing it to work because, as you said, it's too sophisticated. Our workplace is not that kind of environment.  And if I dress up, then I feel as if the other folks are looking.  And if I wear heels, the long walk down the hallway makes too much noise with all that heels clicking on the floor.  *sigh*  Brings too much un-necessary attention.  

I feel you on the work environment. I tend to dress according to my work environment which is very casual as well. I use to wear heels to work all the time but walking from the parking ramp, down the hall, up the stairs, then to my cube was such a damn hassle. So I learned to leave a pair of heels at work, wear my flats, and change when i'm here. lol

I'm not a dress nor skirt type of girl. I would only wear it on special occassion. I would pair if with a black nylons cause I'm very conscious of my fat white legs and surgery scar as well.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #659 on: March 22, 2012, 11:09:20 AM »
I was lazy this morning so I didn’t spend too much time picking an outfit out. I’ll put more effort tonight.

I decided to pair a fuchsia top with a gray/cream print cardigan with dark denim jeans, and black heels. After I took the picture and saw it, I didn’t love the outfit so I changed up the printed cardigan and went with a black cardigan & chunky grey necklace and went to work (solid on solid again...I know!).

(sorry for the weird color, I had my camera set on the lomo effect and was running late so didn’t have time to retake a picture in normal settings).

Just changed the cardigan and put on necklace, wore the same jeans.

I actually like the second look. I don't like wearing animal prints to work cause it screams ATTENTION! That's just me. LOL
I would wear the first look for an evening/weekend outing though.

Advertisements