Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 711381 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #660 on: March 22, 2012, 11:14:23 AM »
I actually like the second look. I don't like wearing animal prints to work cause it screams ATTENTION! That's just me. LOL
I would wear the first look for an evening/weekend outing though.

I like both look, but the first one is more casual and I think Anemone's work place is more formal.  My work place is super casual, so I could probably get away with almost anything... but I don't like dressing too sexy to work... I just don't feel comfortable...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

My Heart Speaks

« Reply #661 on: March 22, 2012, 11:26:48 AM »
ThajYeeb, your attire and mix goes very well with e/o. I can't pull that off since my body type and shape is different from yours. I only wear solid prints and can pull off animal prints. Animal prints are only for the nightlife. Other than that it's mainly solid colors. I have 2 or 3 that has some kind of design but it's more on one spot versus all over the shirt.

As for skirts, you can totally pull it off. I see you in a Pencil skirt down to your knee's. It will accentuate your body and give you a very sexy and sophisticated look. Here's a visual of a pencil skirt below your knee.

I have a black pencil skirt that is a high waisted one and I LOVE it. I gained weight so it's a little tight on me but need to lose some weight to fit back into it. lol

DC, does that lady have a blog ? I like the way she dresses. It's very similar to my everyday dress code.

LadyLionness

« Reply #662 on: March 22, 2012, 11:28:04 AM »
I love all the different styles we have on here.... maybe in time, we will learn each other's style and explore outside of our comfort zone.  Keep them coming, ladies.

My Heart Speaks

« Reply #663 on: March 22, 2012, 11:39:54 AM »
OK! So tonight, I decided, on a whim, to take some pictures of some normal tops that I usually wear.  I didn't change out the jeans (but most of the times, I'm in jeans or slack - rarely in skirts), and didn't add any accessories because I'm just too damn lazy right now -- and because, frankly, I dont have alot of cool accessories.  The ones that I do have are for dressier occassions, which didn't go well with these normal, everyday wear.  (I'll have to remedy that!) 

These are pretty standard looks for me. I'm looking to change it up, but MAN! It takes $$$$ to get some nice clothes!!! I do a lot of mix n match as you can see and trying to work with patterns (after watching Mondo on Project Runway).

I think this yellow tshirt is a skosh too short and too tight across the chest, huh?

optical illusion is good... makes me look like I actually have skinny thighs!!

I could've used a different belt, but ....this was on top and it's skinny enough! It'll do.
OH! And in order for this look to work, I find that you must have a skinny torso or your fat will look divy up like this...sad but true.

wow, do I have a flat azz or what?? My butt doesnt even fill out the jeans. hahahah...

So, gimme your critiques..... ....what accessories can I add?  I think the lengths of the cardigans are just right for me, not too long and not too short.  What else can I wear with it besides jeans? I've tried skirts, but I don't think I look good in skirts.  Too short-waisted and short-legged.  Plus, I'm chubby, so I tend to stay away from them because I have fat knees.  :-\   

Thajyeeb, I really like the way you mix up prints with solid colors. I use to always be a solid & solid type of girl but I've learned it's much more dazzling with prints.  O0

I agree with Anemone for you to try straight leg pants. They do elongate you and give you  more of a fitted look ?

DeceiversChick

« Reply #664 on: March 22, 2012, 11:42:24 AM »
DC, does that lady have a blog ? I like the way she dresses. It's very similar to my everyday dress code.
I googled pencil skirt and copy/pasted the image. I don't know if she does.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #665 on: March 22, 2012, 11:43:56 AM »
I like both look, but the first one is more casual and I think Anemone's work place is more formal.  My work place is super casual, so I could probably get away with almost anything... but I don't like dressing too sexy to work... I just don't feel comfortable...

My workplace is very formal as well. Well we have 2 buildings and the first one is very formal with suits/ties, dresses, etc but the second one where I work at we're all more casual. We don't have the executives and vp's in this building so we're all more laid back.  ;D

go-go

« Reply #666 on: March 22, 2012, 11:44:18 AM »
MHS and Anemone, did my jeans look like skinny jeans to you guys? cuz it's actually a straight leg.  :2funny:   Maybe they're too tight in the middle area...? Or my thighs are too chunky...?  Anyway, my problem with jeans is that I have a spare tire, but small waist and small (okay, fine, sagggggy) butt and slightly larger thighs.  (Getting old and fat.  Two of the most evil-est combo out there!) It's hard to fine a pair of good jeans that fits everywhere.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #667 on: March 22, 2012, 11:45:10 AM »
thajyeeb -

Here are my thoughts:

Your outfits are fine and I think you’re good with mixing it up. If I could change anything, I would put a darker denim on you. Or perhaps wear straight leg/slightly cropped pants in black or a nice cream or light khaki color now that spring is here.

The only look I didn’t love was the print on print. Maybe I need to see it in person but I didn’t love it. LOL!

I love the pink cardigan w/ black&white though!

As far as accessories - I tend to wear a lot of accessories because my clothes are pretty solid so I layer the accessories on to change it up a big. If I’m wearing anything printy or too busy then I don’t do accessories at all, maybe just a bracelet if anything. But on most days, I wear necklaces – long, short, chunky, pendant, etc…

I agree with the fitted and slight cropped pants.

LadyLionness

« Reply #668 on: March 22, 2012, 11:47:46 AM »
MHS and Anemone, did my jeans look like skinny jeans to you guys? cuz it's actually a straight leg.  :2funny:   Maybe they're too tight in the middle area...? Or my thighs are too chunky...?  Anyway, my problem with jeans is that I have a spare tire, but small waist and small (okay, fine, sagggggy) butt and slightly larger thighs.  (Getting old and fat.  Two of the most evil-est combo out there!) It's hard to fine a pair of good jeans that fits everywhere.

Try the Limited's Drew cut jeans... it might work for you...

go-go

« Reply #669 on: March 22, 2012, 11:55:04 AM »
So, here are some mixing of prints and patterns I found on the web.  I never actually liked it before and always thought, how ugly, when I see people mix patterns.  But, after much digging into it and looking around the web -- and watching Mondo do it on Project Runway last season, I was really intrigued.

I'd love to be able to mix and match prints and patterns like this one day:

Mondo's work

some random pictures that I really like...

Anyway, you get the idea.  Mix and match, with a bold color splash.  I don't know if this something that I can actually pull off, but I like the concept of it.  

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:58:36 AM by thajyeeb »

LadyLionness

« Reply #670 on: March 22, 2012, 11:57:27 AM »
To carry off that much print, one must be quite slim... lolz.. otherwise one would look like a big bowl of something... hehehe...

Mixing patterns is probably one trend I can't manage to do on me...

go-go

« Reply #671 on: March 22, 2012, 12:00:41 PM »
Try the Limited's Drew cut jeans... it might work for you...
I will try that...

It's usually Banana Republic (in petites) that fits better on me...

go-go

« Reply #672 on: March 22, 2012, 12:03:54 PM »
To carry off that much print, one must be quite slim... lolz.. otherwise one would look like a big bowl of something... hehehe...

well, yes, quite true.......... ..these were made for models, and they're all slim and skinny -- and TALL.  I was just showing you guys the concepts of mixing patterns and stuff.  It's not that you should go around looking like a bowl of Trix or Fruit Loops cereal.  You would have to be picky and choose pattern wisely according to taste, construction and how it flatters you in areas that you wish to hide or accentuate.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #673 on: March 22, 2012, 12:12:02 PM »

LMAO, I'mwith you. I refuse to mix patterns cause I'm a chunky gal. It will make me look very npaj nauj and ruam. It's more fitting for skinny chicks. I guess I'll stick to solid colors. I do wear some tops with beads/some kind of design but only on a certain area and not all over the top.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #674 on: March 22, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »
well, yes, quite true.......... ..these were made for models, and they're all slim and skinny -- and TALL.  I was just showing you guys the concepts of mixing patterns and stuff.  It's not that you should go around looking like a bowl of Trix or Fruit Loops cereal.  You would have to be picky and choose pattern wisely according to taste, construction and how it flatters you in areas that you wish to hide or accentuate.
But how would you know if it flatters you when you do look like a bowl of trix? I have no sense of fashion so i wouldn't be able to tell if it does flatter me or not. I may think it does but everyone else doesn't. I dont' have any fashion sense friends who can give me advice so if it looks ugly on me I'm going to stay away from it. lol

Advertisements