Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 715417 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #705 on: March 22, 2012, 05:40:04 PM »
Hey all you fashionista, where are the critiques? I can't be critiquing all the time or else I'll have a bad rep!  :2funny:

Peb tsis keej nas... lolz... we are learning still...hehehe ...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

go-go

« Reply #706 on: March 22, 2012, 05:48:10 PM »
LOL! I did critique you!

But I think this is really great what we just started doing. This is going to inspire me to put outfits together to see what you gals think! I am not fashionable or trying to stay hip or anything like that. My main goal is to make sure I still look nice, despite being a working mother, housewife, etc... A woman should never use it as an excuse to not look nice, you know what I mean?

Plus like I said before, it's good to hear other people's opinion. I am open to change and ideas. What I think looks great on me - might not be so.

Yes you did and I've written it all down, along with the clothing stores that were suggested and what I found online

but what about Reload Wife's outfits? And what about accessories for me?? I'm pairing colors, but I don't know what to do with accessories. I hate wearing necklaces.  When I put on a necklace with earrings, all I see is the necklace and the earrings popping out, I dont even see my me or my outfit anymore.

I have to set a budget now. Makeup budget and clothes budget.   :2funny:

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:56:48 PM by thajyeeb »

Reload Wife

« Reply #707 on: March 22, 2012, 05:54:56 PM »
RL, you have a great fig! And love those nude pumps!

I have yet to find my perfect pair of nude pumps! It's either too high heel, too low heel, too shiny, too dull, wrong nude, too expensive, or too cheap looking!
Anemone - You're too sweet. The clothes does a good job of hiding my tummy fat and rolls.  My nude pumps are a bit bigger on me so I'm in the search for a better nude pump. I saw some on the target websites but I am not to sure about the pump. I would love to get a pair from Ann Taylor but it too expensive for me.

Reload Wife

« Reply #708 on: March 22, 2012, 05:56:55 PM »
I don't think you'll know about TLo unless you follow their blog.  They're vicious with their critiques but usually spot on.   :2funny:

I haven't heard of TLO blog. Would have to check it out.

Reload Wife

« Reply #709 on: March 22, 2012, 06:02:10 PM »
LOL! I did critique you!

But I think this is really great what we just started doing. This is going to inspire me to put outfits together to see what you gals think! I am not fashionable or trying to stay hip or anything like that. My main goal is to make sure I still look nice, despite being a working mother, housewife, etc... A woman should never use it as an excuse to not look nice, you know what I mean?

Plus like I said before, it's good to hear other people's opinion. I am open to change and ideas. What I think looks great on me - might not be so.

I am with you on this one. I don't claim to be a  fashionista. I'm pretty clueless when it come to the fashion. Like you I like to dress nice and my issue is finding clothes that fit well on a limited budget. I am always open to idea and suggestions.

go-go

« Reply #710 on: March 22, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »
I am with you on this one. I don't claim to be a  fashionista. I'm pretty clueless when it come to the fashion. Like you I like to dress nice and my issue is finding clothes that fit well on a limited budget. I am always open to idea and suggestions.

I'm with both of you guys on this too. I would like to look nice, but limited budget and hard to find pieces that fit.  I've started to do my own tailoring, simple things like hemming pants and pulling in straps and side seams on a simple top. 

You ladies are really into the ensembles!   ;)

Should guys be more attentive, ladies?  I mean, one can slob out so much, right?  Thanks.
I don't know about the guys. My husband used to dress pretty sloppy for work, until he got promoted to a project manager.  We threw out all his old shirts and pants and got new ones, more fitted for his body.  Before, he bought whatever was on the clearance rack whether they fit or not... most of the times, they were ill-fitting.  And ugleeeee!  Now, he looks so much more put together and he likes it!   ;D

Reload Wife

« Reply #711 on: March 22, 2012, 06:40:18 PM »
I'm with both of you guys on this too. I would like to look nice, but limited budget and hard to find pieces that fit.  I've started to do my own tailoring, simple things like hemming pants and pulling in straps and side seams on a simple top. 

I'm clueless when it comes to making alternation to a outfit.

go-go

« Reply #712 on: March 22, 2012, 10:33:17 PM »
Here is another blog I visit regularly.  Look into the Body Proportions, Body Shapes and Body Variations tabs.  If you don't know your body shape, that'll help you figure it out.

She also goes into the fashion rule of thirds and how to build a column of color for your body shape.  Very helpful indeed.

http://www.insideoutstyleblog.com

NkaujNom

« Reply #713 on: March 23, 2012, 12:24:29 AM »

Def my favorite of the 3. This is the best season to wear bright, fresh colors! I love that skirt of yours. It reminds me of floral watercolors.

The necklace looks nice on you!, but it wouldn't have been my preference. Instead, I may pair it with layered, spacious beaded necklaces or a simple floral necklace like this one here for a romantic and vintage feel O0:

Lavender

« Reply #714 on: March 23, 2012, 12:31:40 AM »

Def my favorite of the 3. This is the best season to wear bright, fresh colors! I love that skirt of yours. It reminds me of floral watercolors.

The necklace looks nice on you!, but it wouldn't have been my preference. Instead, I may pair it with layered, spacious beaded necklaces or a simple floral necklace like this one here for a romantic and vintage feel O0:

I have that necklace.   O0

Venuz

« Reply #715 on: March 23, 2012, 12:32:19 AM »
Dressing up for Spring

Express blouse
Banana Republic cami
Loft Skirt
Jessica Simpson Pump

My husband want to see a hi lo hem skirt on me. It's a hard skirt to style.

Loft Blouse
Target Skirt
Jessica Simpson Pump

RW- where did you get the black Jessica Simpson Pump? I really like it!

Lavender

« Reply #716 on: March 23, 2012, 12:33:11 AM »
REloadsWife,

I love your style.  You have great taste in fashion.  :)  

NkaujNom

« Reply #717 on: March 23, 2012, 12:38:32 AM »
REloadsWife,

I love your style.  You have great taste in fashion.  :) 

She does! So do the other women in here. I love what Anemone wears to work, the comfort that LL aims for, and so on. I wish all clothes I wear were both fashionable and comfy for me. Very rare do I get both!

And yes, that necklace is a must have!! I'm SO in for romantic clothes. :D

LadyLionness

« Reply #718 on: March 23, 2012, 10:31:07 AM »
Pretty casual today with Friday. And more solid on solid. I looked in my closet last night and I guess I don't have as many prints as I thought I did! Maybe that means I should go shopping this weekend.  :)

I’m wearing a black chiffon blouse with dark-washed Levi jeans, these are straight leg jeans, the closest I’ll ever get to wearing skinny jeans. LOL

Decided to go with my favorite black heels today. And I threw on a gold/emerald necklace.

Black on black is so sleek and classy.... although they don't photograph well, they are awesome in person.

Lavender

« Reply #719 on: March 23, 2012, 10:31:42 AM »
She does! So do the other women in here. I love what Anemone wears to work, the comfort that LL aims for, and so on. I wish all clothes I wear were both fashionable and comfy for me. Very rare do I get both!

And yes, that necklace is a must have!! I'm SO in for romantic clothes. :D
I like the classic and cute look.  ReloadWife is an example of this style.  

Nothing can go wrong with this style.  I don't have skinny and long legs to wear this style.  So pants is my take now.  :)

Advertisements