Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 716698 times)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
  • "The only ugly faces, are the ones we make."
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #765 on: March 23, 2012, 04:10:23 PM »

That's okay. Next time.

I can only hope to look as good as you ladies at your age.  O0

Have you tried wearing it with a fitted blazer and jeans ?

I love jeans with a nice blouse. :)

Like this post: 0
"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #766 on: March 23, 2012, 04:27:06 PM »
Have you tried wearing it with a fitted blazer and jeans ?

Show me... I would love to see it...share your pix...

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 04:30:47 PM by LadyLionness »

go-go

« Reply #767 on: March 23, 2012, 05:19:18 PM »
Reload, I hope you don't mind. I took the liberty of your picture and tried to upgrade this outfit.  I tried to look for a top for that maxi skirt that would go with your body shape.  You're definitely on the skinny side, and it appears that you have a long torso with boxy shoulders, which is why you look good in belted outfits and with your shirts tucked in.  

So here are some choices that I thought would take that skirt up a notch or two. All of these tops are to make you look curvy because they have a defined waist.  And because your skirt is a solid color, I thought you could pair it up with a printed top that already has a cinched-in waist with other interesting details to make a nice flow with the skirt.  Again, personally, I'm trying to stay away from the solid-on-solid look, so that's why I'm not too keen on the outfit.

You have long dark hair, so it will give an illusion of height with the black from the background of this blouse.  There's a yellow trim that compliments the teal color of your skirt and brings more spring color to your palette, and then white polka dots to add visual interest to the top and to give you a fuller bust line.

Brown and teal is a great color combo - you see it in almost every designs from interior decorating to pillows to beddings to clothings.  I thought it would be a classic combo to pair it with this brown top.   The white/brown print shrug with the belt-in waist gives just a hint of sex appeal because it gives the illusions of curves.

If you want to keep it soft and toned down the way you have it styled originally, then I think this white top would do nicely! It has the cinched-in waist, with flouncy sleeves and a little visual focus around your neck.  It looks very romantic and feminine!

Then, lastly, I found this piece that has some analogues and complimentary colors to the teal skirt. You can see that the teal color is picked up in the shirt and makes the skirt and the blouse flow together.  The only thing I don't like are the sleeves and the lenght of the blouse.  The sleeves are too big and full.  And the lenght of the blouse is just an inch too long.  If I owned this piece, I would definitely bring up the hem on the blouse about an inch and alter the sleeves to be a little shorter and less full.

Well, that's all I could do today.  I don't know if you like the suggestions or even the prints, but let me know what you think of the concept -- the cinched in waist, a little attention-getting print that brings the focus up to the face, colors combo and curve appeal.

(Sorry, I did not have time to scope our some accessories, this was way more time-consuming than I thought it would!)

*pictures are from Polyvore*

go-go

« Reply #768 on: March 23, 2012, 05:26:28 PM »
Keep the photos coming...

Lav and Thabyeeb... we want to see you lovely ladies too... plase share...

And Thabyeeb... your NOT fat... lolz... :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

You make me laugh!!!!   :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: Yes I am fat and I can admit it.  

I can't share anything this weekend...gott a go fix up a rental so no time to play around.  I will definitely do some when I have time to play dress up and take pictures.

PS:  it's "thaj yeeb" as in "peace"... or in another context "a field of poppies" not "thab" as in "cause trouble"  heheheheh  :2funny: :2funny: funny kawg!  I should change my name again. ;D

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:32:33 PM by thajyeeb »

LadyLionness

« Reply #769 on: March 23, 2012, 05:34:27 PM »
Thajyeeb,

I don't think those two last shirts would work... the top needs to be slim... b/c the skirt is flouncy...

I have tried shirts in the cut of the first one with flouncy skirts and for some reason, it just doesn't look right... maybe if tucked in...I do like the idea of black and white with teal though...

Reload Wife

« Reply #770 on: March 23, 2012, 05:59:29 PM »
Thajyeeb,
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I appreciate the time and effort you put into this. I like the first and second top.  I think that I pair the other tops with the skirt I will need up looking frumpy because their is too many extra fabric.  I didn't realize that I have a long torso. Thank you again for this information.

go-go

« Reply #771 on: March 23, 2012, 06:02:28 PM »
Thajyeeb,

I don't think those two last shirts would work...the top needs to be slim... b/c the skirt is flouncy...

I have tried shirts in the cut of the first one with flouncy skirts and for some reason, it just doesn't look right... maybe if tucked in...I do like the idea of black and white with teal though...

The skirt is flouncy from the sheer chiffon, but not full or volumnious.  And the these tops were suggested for Reload's body shape (long waist, slim and boxy shoulders), so it would give her a define waist and some curves on top.

To me, it looks like you have a short waist (as I am), so these would never look good on us because it will make us look even shorter.  The attention is focused at the waist, and we actualy want no attention there.  We want the attention to flow down our torso and right past the short waists.  So, no belts, no side pockets or zippers, no tucking in shirts or any other designs that brings the focus to our short waist.   Anyway, I never look good in belted items because it looks like I'm cut in two.  

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:08:11 PM by thajyeeb »

go-go

« Reply #772 on: March 23, 2012, 06:03:16 PM »
Thajyeeb,
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I appreciate the time and effort you put into this. I like the first and second top.  I think that I pair the other tops with the skirt I will need up looking frumpy because their is too many extra fabric.  I didn't realize that I have a long torso. Thank you again for this information.

Those are my favorites too.  I only added the other because a) the white of the 3rd and b) the color coodination of the 4th piece.  And by that time, I was too tired of looking....  :2funny: :2funny:

And you're welcome. I hope I'm correct about your boxy shape.  Try on different variations of styles to see if you better in one fit than the other.  That's what I did...so I know I am a short waisted person...  :'(

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:06:58 PM by thajyeeb »

go-go

« Reply #773 on: March 23, 2012, 06:12:58 PM »
Mrs. Vang, you are not old at all. I think you have a classy and chic fashion and you dress according to your age, which is good.  Ever see Mariah Carey dress in junior sizes??  It's hidous and embarassing.

Anyway, I like your style, but not the ones with the halter tops and the tank top.  If you have big busts and you want to maximize them, then I guess that is the way to go.  Wear something tight across the top to bring focus to the girls.   But if you want to minimize them and bring your attention to your face (and not have them stare at the two girls as some of us were doing hahahaha me included  :2funny:), then wear something with the neckline like the one with the pussy bows.  Plus, a big necklace with a v-neck top will also bring focus up and away from the girls.

Also, some of us can't sport pussy bows because it probably makes us feel old because we associate those images with schoolmarms and librians.  When I wear one, it makes me feel very mature and studious-looking, like I'm the class president or soemthing. LOL!

Okay, so I decided to play dress up today, too... but darn, it's very tiring!  LOL 

Just some of my usual work clothes.  I wear a lot of slacks and suits too, but I'm too tired to dress up now.  By the way, I forgot to change jewelries. :D

LL, too many cardigans... hnav ob lub rau koj saib xwb os.

Excuse my boobs.  They keep popping out.  ::)

Reload Wife

« Reply #774 on: March 23, 2012, 06:21:04 PM »

Also, some of us can't sport pussy bows because it probably makes us feel old because we associate those images with schoolmarms and librians.  When I wear one, it makes me feel very mature and studious-looking, like I'm the class president or soemthing. LOL!

Pussy box have the opposite effects for me. I feel like a little girl.

LadyLionness

« Reply #775 on: March 26, 2012, 09:40:44 AM »
lolz... Thajyeeb... seems like I have found a kindred spirit in you... :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Yes, I agree with your assessment of our body shape.

LadyLionness

« Reply #776 on: March 26, 2012, 09:45:22 AM »
1.  Capcine Puerari - Red snake embossed leather jacket - so gorgeus, thin and light. 
2.  Joe Boxer black tunic
3.  Ann Taylor red boot cut jeans
4.  Red BORN 2.5 inch sandals.
5.  2 long strand necklaces (this shirt is long and asymetrical, so I didn't need the scarf, decided on these instead.

< will load pix at a later date >

shesaid

« Reply #777 on: March 26, 2012, 01:57:09 PM »
HPA- what's broadcloth?  ???  and did you iron your shirt today? I see you missed some spots! haha jk

Lavender

« Reply #778 on: March 26, 2012, 02:57:56 PM »
Mrs. Vang,

Your fashion is cute.  I love them especially #1, #3, and the last one.  O0

Ladilioness:

I'm short...4' 11"  :-[

LadyLionness

« Reply #779 on: March 26, 2012, 03:09:20 PM »
Mrs. Vang,

Your fashion is cute.  I love them especially #1, #3, and the last one.  O0

Ladilioness:

I'm short...4' 11"  :-[

lolz...you're still an entire inch taller than me....hehehe

Advertisements