Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 711407 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #855 on: April 26, 2012, 08:22:36 AM »
Thank you for sharing, Lavendar.  Very nice.

I love long necklaces too...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 26, 2012, 09:45:07 AM »
My favorite stores are Forever21, Express, Limited, and Macy.  I love the clothes at Macy especially tops and dresses.  I purchase all my slacks from Express and Limited.  I don't like how Limited plants shrink after you machine washed them.  But I also like their classic tops.  Forever21...I mainly get tops and blazer from here.  Then I shop here and there even Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc. 

Lol...I want to have lots of money someday so I can shop at these expensive stores all the time especially Macy.  :)

Forever 21 is a store I would mainly get tops and blazers there but since I don't work so no tops but blazers to pull it off with jeans or slack/pant is what I usually get to wear year round.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 26, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »
Anemone, thank you for the recommend. I was thinking of a lighter belt but didn't have one that work with the skirt.  There is so much extra fabric on the skirt that a skinny belt didn't work well. It make me look frumpy so I reach for the wide belt.

As for the necklace, I'll did that next time =)

My husband is my photographer. He usually join me for lunch.

Good thing your husband don't mind snapping photo of you when asked......... . My husband would give me weird looks but my little ones can never go wrong and love playing with my camera here and there.  I couldn't find my camera for almost 2 weeks and on the day I told my kids whoever find it will get $20 and only to end up having my 5 yo. son finding and still asking me for his money these day.

All your outfits are great.  For me to be dressing like that I must work otherwise I don't want to have a closet full of clothes for no reason but I might start shopping a little here and there vs. grabbing something out of my daughter closet.

LadyLionness

« Reply #858 on: April 26, 2012, 09:56:20 AM »
Just found this thread.. Wow.. Nice.. thanks for sharing..  O0

Ed,

I hope you will contribute too... farmer overalls are so sexy... lolz...

Asia:  I love leather jackets... I hope to photograph them all... hehehehe... very recently, I had to reassess my love of leather... could not figure out why I love it so much, especially now that I am growing older and am supposed to dress more like an old lady... lolz... then I saw pix of me as a teenager... as young as 12 and 13... wearing leather and lace... and realized that I have had a long long long love affair with leather... and that I will probably be buried wearing leather... and lace... lolz!

LadyLionness

« Reply #859 on: April 26, 2012, 10:01:39 AM »
I heard you ladies talk a lot about Forever 21 and H&M... so I tried some things on over the weekend... I really don't care for the fit and material... they make me look fat and short... lolz.

I do love Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft... especially their cardigans and jeans... and blazers... they are the perfect length for my short torso.

I like New York and Co for their button down shirts... but over that phase... I am into plain V-Necks ands graphic T-shirts...

Blazers and jackets, I still prefer quality...  I don't like the materials and fit of forever 21 or H&M... they don't nip in my body like Ellen Tracy, Ralph Lauren, Tahari, Ann Taylor, Michael Kors, Tommy Hifiger, and Anne Klein...

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 26, 2012, 10:14:54 AM »
I heard you ladies talk a lot about Forever 21 and H&M... so I tried some things on over the weekend... I really don't care for the fit and material... they make me look fat and short... lolz.

I do love Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft... especially their cardigans and jeans... and blazers... they are the perfect length for my short torso.

I like New York and Co for their button down shirts... but over that phase... I am into plain V-Necks ands graphic T-shirts...

Blazers and jackets, I still prefer quality...  I don't like the materials and fit of forever 21 or H&M... they don't nip in my body like Ellen Tracy, Ralph Lauren, Tahari, Ann Taylor, Michael Kors, Tommy Hifiger, and Anne Klein...

Forever 21 and H&M are only for cheap buy if you don't mind for the material.  Maybe, I'll played dress up this weekend and snap some photo since I'm already back to my old self/size after 1 week or more like I never have to work out to get back in shape after my pregnancy.  Maybe I'll get some picture of my daughter up because she can pull of scarf, cardigan, etc.

LadyLionness

« Reply #861 on: April 26, 2012, 10:16:05 AM »
Forever 21 and H&M are only for cheap buy if you don't mind for the material.  Maybe, I'll played dress up this weekend and snap some photo since I'm already back to my old self/size after 1 week or more like I never have to work out to get back in shape after my pregnancy.  Maybe I'll get some picture of my daughter up because she can pull of scarf, cardigan, etc.

Yes, please do share.

You are so lucky... I will never be back to my original shape again... :'( :'( :'(

go-go

« Reply #862 on: April 26, 2012, 10:43:37 AM »
Alright Ladies! I'm sharing today....proba bly the only day that I will dress up because we have VIPs coming this morning....
otherwise, I'd be in some comfy capri and sandals.  :D

I wanted to wear something with spring colors, so I knew I wanted to wear the yellow pencil skirt, but didn't really have anything to go with it except black and I didn't want to do the typical black/yellow color combo.  So I thought of this purple top and it was just right since they are complimentary colors.  And then to go with the purple top, I didn't want to resort to the usual black (again), so I pulled out these muted red pumps that I got from Marshalls. 

I don't think I look toooooo colorful...... ...right??

Anyway, now that I'm at the office, I feel too overdressed because the 2 VIPs that came dressed in khakis and polos.   :2funny: :2funny:

purple top, Gap
yellow pencil skirt, JCrew
red pump, Nine West brand (from Marshalls)
Necklace, Kohls

Lavender

« Reply #863 on: April 26, 2012, 11:11:12 AM »
Thajyeeb,

I love your outfit.  It's beautiful and HOT.  The color combinations are beautiful.   O0 :)

DeceiversChick

« Reply #864 on: April 26, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »
So i went to the bathroom today and tried taking a photo. OML! I am TOO fat so I'm not posting it up.

I'm wearing an orange top with striped black dress pants. Ugh, I've gained too much weight it's embarrassing posting my photo's up.

LadyLionness

« Reply #865 on: April 26, 2012, 11:14:47 AM »
thajyeeb... I like it.  good combination... I think it would have been a bit more balanced if you had on sheer black stockings?  Not sure... seems like something is missing... can't put my finger on it.

Better to be overdressed than under dressed. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #866 on: April 26, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »
So i went to the bathroom today and tried taking a photo. OML! I am TOO fat so I'm not posting it up.

I'm wearing an orange top with striped black dress pants. Ugh, I've gained too much weight it's embarrassing posting my photo's up.

DC, none of us are in perfect shape... so post anyway.

Moo.Moo.Yee

« Reply #867 on: April 26, 2012, 11:20:59 AM »

LMFAO that's what I did today too. Not posting mine up either, lol. My tank top is kinda tight, so my muffin tops are showing, even though I'm wearing a cardigan on top. haha.

I'll just describe my outfit too then.  ;D

White cardigan (GAP), tank top with tan, coral, blue, and magenta designs from Banana republic, dark blue denim jeans (The Limited) and tan open toe flats (Target?).

Lavender

« Reply #868 on: April 26, 2012, 11:25:21 AM »
I am fat too.  But oh well...I am tempted to share.  :)

So share away ladies. 

go-go

« Reply #869 on: April 26, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »
thajyeeb... I like it.  good combination... I think it would have been a bit more balanced if you had on sheer black stockings?  Not sure... seems like something is missing... can't put my finger on it.

Better to be overdressed than under dressed.  

uh, no.  I hate stockings!  I think what's throwing off this look is the difference in cotton grade.  I don't know the correct terms, but the top is too plain and too casual while the skirt is too dressy.  That's what I'm thinking.  If I had a different purple top made from finer cotton blends, that might make the outfit look more cohesive.

DC and Asdfghkj -- you guys better stop it!!! I'm not in perfect shape either.   :2funny:  Underneath these clothes, there are lumps and bumps!!  :2funny: :2funny:

Advertisements