Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 711434 times)

DeceiversChick

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #975 on: April 27, 2012, 12:19:46 PM »
I don't even wear scarf during the winter.... I don't even wear belt with my pants... most of my $$$ are spent on clothes..and starting to spend more $$ on shoes...

quite honestly, I don't spend much time shopping for myself cause I rarely fit into clothes since I gained weight. lol  Now shoes is a different story. I'm starting to buy shoes once a month now since I love shoes. eheheh

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #976 on: April 27, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »
all I know is that depending on what I wear, I could look like a high school girl  or   a mid-life crisis woman!  lol...

Also, I am not an "accessories" type of person as you can see in my photos...no rings, no bracelet, no necklace...but I do wear earrings..only stud earrings..noth ing dangling or feathery...bor ing person huh? ;D

Asia... accessories is what makes the outfit interesting or not... take the outfit you have on... for example... add a scarf to it.. and it goes from ordinary to glamourous...

LadyLionness

« Reply #977 on: April 27, 2012, 12:21:30 PM »
quite honestly, I don't spend much time shopping for myself cause I rarely fit into clothes since I gained weight. lol  Now shoes is a different story. I'm starting to buy shoes once a month now since I love shoes. eheheh

Shoes, I only buy what I need... to create a certain style or go with certain clothes... of course, that is still 20 to 30 paris... but for the most part... I don't have too many shoes.  It's jackets and blazers that I want to buy everything I see...

DeceiversChick

« Reply #978 on: April 27, 2012, 12:25:44 PM »
Shoes, I only buy what I need... to create a certain style or go with certain clothes... of course, that is still 20 to 30 paris... but for the most part... I don't have too many shoes.  It's jackets and blazers that I want to buy everything I see...
For some reason I love shoes and buy it quite often. I dont spend a lot of money but I have to have it. I've been pretty good for the last year but just recently I've started an impulse buy again.

For the last month I bought 3 new shoes. Well one is my flat shoes. One of my flat shoes magically disappeared so I needed another one. Then when I went to get a new flat shoes, it was too tight so I returned it for a bigger size and found a nine west wedge. They didn't have my size so I went and ordered it online. Then I bought another pair of nude heels from target. LOL

Lavender

« Reply #979 on: April 27, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »
OMG DC, you're like teasing us with your little body shots. LOL  ;D :2funny:
;D  

Lavender

« Reply #980 on: April 27, 2012, 12:27:28 PM »
DC,

Please allow us to see the whole shirt girl.  

Your shirt is pretty.  :)  Where did you get it?  

______________ ______________ ______________ _______
Ladies,

Do you mind if we purchase something similar to yours because we like it?

DeceiversChick

« Reply #981 on: April 27, 2012, 12:28:38 PM »
I would love to be a jewelry person but I'm allergic so it has stopped me from buying. Even if i was to buy it'll just sit there. Seriously I hate this. I have a very small collection only.  :'(

DeceiversChick

« Reply #982 on: April 27, 2012, 12:29:18 PM »
DC,

Please allow us to see the whole shirt girl.  

Your shirt is pretty.  :)  Where did you get it?  

______________ ______________ ______________ _______
Ladies,

Do you mind if we purchase something similar to yours because we like it?
Thank You.

When I go to lunch here I'll go look at the tag. I don't remember where I bought it from. I don't mind if you purchase the same shirt,accessory,shoes, etc. If you can find it at the store cause it might of been years. lol

Lavender

« Reply #983 on: April 27, 2012, 12:34:37 PM »
I'm all about accessories and I have tons!

Since I'm home today, I'll post a picture of my accessories. Let me go clean up my jewelry chest first. LOL ;D
I start to purchase accessories after seeing your pictures.  They add a nice touch to the outfit. 

I don't have good taste in them....I mostly opt for black and white necklaces.  I think pearl necklaces look nice in every outfit.  It's my favorite.  :)

I also like silver...they look nice as well especially with black.

Lavender

« Reply #984 on: April 27, 2012, 12:35:24 PM »
Colorful pima polo tops are universally comfy.   O0

Wow!....I love it!  O0  HOT HOT HPA.  >:D

LadyLionness

« Reply #985 on: April 27, 2012, 12:37:06 PM »
I agree with the edge part because you do a lot of the leather trenches, and I always associate long trenches as very edgy. LOL

I also think you try to stay youthful - or at least that's what I get out of it. You dress mature but with all the colors you experiment with, you want to put a little youth in it to blend it up, instead of say always wearing black or gray.

On the youthful part.. I try not to dress too young... b/c that will age you faster than anything else... lolz... but you are right in that I do like a more youthful look to my clothes... and I can usually add that in with edgy pieces... in a way, I want to build a ageless wardrobe... something people in their 20's could wear... something I could wear now in my 30's... and that I could still wear when I am in my 40's in the next few years... dayem... I ma getting old... lolz...

As for colors... I used to have a black/ grey/ and just very dark neutral colors... but they get boring fast... I guess I have a bit of an artist in me and bright colors tend to cheer me up... so I do colors where it will compliment my body and not take away from it or augment it.

LadyLionness

« Reply #986 on: April 27, 2012, 12:37:57 PM »
I start to purchase accessories after seeing your pictures.  They add a nice touch to the outfit.  

I don't have good taste in them....I mostly opt for black and white necklaces.  I think pearl necklaces look nice in every outfit.  It's my favorite.  :)

I also like silver...they look nice as well especially with black.

I like pearls with jeans and a nice button down shirt... classy without looking old...

go-go

« Reply #987 on: April 27, 2012, 12:38:39 PM »
Oh man, I can't keep up with this thread.  I start to type a response, then I get interrupted by work, then I come back, finish the typing, hit the "post" button and it says "warning - while you were typing 20 new replies has been posted".  say WHAT?!

:2funny: I just can't keep up with you ladies!

Anyway, to answer LL's question, I am not classy, or trendy even though I love to look at fashion magazines and read fashion blogs.  I guess I'm a minimalist - I tend to buy clothes that won't go out of style by next year, so I look for classic staples and in classic colors so that I do a lot of mix-n-match.  I do have some trendy pieces, but very few. And I find that the trendy pieces that I do have, I usually end up not wearing them after a few months and they get thrown in the backburner.  Like Asia, I also don't accessorized with jewelries and such because they simply get in my way!  :2funny:   I'm always on the phone, or running about, so I can't have earrings that will interfer with the phone, or dangling earrings that gets caught or makes noises.  I can't stand bangles that moves up and down my arm whenever I move.  And I walk fast, so I don't like a long piece of necklace flapping about my chest as I walk.  *sigh* I know, I have so many pecularities.  I need my clothes to be clean, efficient and almost tailored because I dont like bunching up my sleeves or the pant legs. I don't usually add any statement pieces unless it's a special occassion that calls for it - like going to a brunch with some girls that will go all out, or going to a wedding, etc.  And when going out with a bunch of girls, we do get all sexied-up, but I don't usually skank it up (like DC said LOL!) I always have a sense of modesty around me because you never know who you're going to meet at these places!  

LadyLionness

« Reply #988 on: April 27, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »
LL, back to your question... I would describe my style as simple, classic, and maybe preppy.

I've always been into clothes. My mom said when I was a kid, I'd change like 20x a day. When I was younger my style was definitely preppy. I grew up in a mainly white town so I am sure that influenced it. I was voted Best Dressed when I graduated high school.

College wasn't too different - I shopped mainly stores like Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Gap. Looking back, when I was in my 20s I think I was dressing too old for my age though. Now that I'm in my 30s, I feel like I'm dressing younger than I was when I was 20-something.  ;D

I'm not fashionable or trendy though and I don't intend to be either. I like to be comfortable but still look nice.

I am with you on the trendy stuff... and I do value comfort above all else.  When I was married to my ex... he picked all my clothes ... 4 sets every 6 months with one pair of 1 inch heel pump... and in my 20's... he had me dressed like the 50 year old hmong church ladies... hehehe...

So, it took me a long time to recapture my style... and looking back... I am veering back towards leather and lace again... I have always been unique in my clothing.... I would buy something ordinary and alter it to suit my own taste and to make it different.  

Lavender

« Reply #989 on: April 27, 2012, 12:43:31 PM »
I like pearls with jeans and a nice button down shirt... classy without looking old...
Yes, that's HOT and s3xy.  O0

Advertisements