Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 711537 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #990 on: April 27, 2012, 12:43:50 PM »
Oh man, I can't keep up with this thread.  I start to type a response, then I get interrupted by work, then I come back, finish the typing, hit the "post" button and it says "warning - while you were typing 20 new replies has been posted".  say WHAT?!

:2funny: I just can't keep up with you ladies!

Anyway, to answer LL's question, I am not classy, or trendy even though I love to look at fashion magazines and read fashion blogs.  I guess I'm a minimalist - I tend to buy clothes that won't go out of style by next year, so I look for classic staples and in classic colors so that I do a lot of mix-n-match.  I do have some trendy pieces, but very few. And I find that the trendy pieces that I do have, I usually end up not wearing them after a few months and they get thrown in the backburner.  Like Asia, I also don't accessorized with jewelries and such because they simply get in my way!  :2funny:   I'm always on the phone, or running about, so I can't have earrings that will interfer with the phone, or dangling earrings that gets caught or makes noises.  I can't stand bangles that moves up and down my arm whenever I move.  And I walk fast, so I don't like a long piece of necklace flapping about my chest as I walk.  *sigh* I know, I have so many pecularities.  I need my clothes to be clean, efficient and almost tailored because I dont like bunching up my sleeves or the pant legs. I don't usually add any statement pieces unless it's a special occassion that calls for it - like going to a brunch with some girls that will go all out, or going to a wedding, etc.  And when going out with a bunch of girls, we do get all sexied-up, but I don't usually skank it up (like DC said LOL!) I always have a sense of modesty around me because you never know who you're going to meet at these places!  

Very true... that's why I can't wear skanky clothes... no matter what.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #991 on: April 27, 2012, 12:45:47 PM »
HPA... I do like printed T... especially in monotone color or color on color... lolz... and then solid colors with nice weave... especially for men...

for me, I am either into solid colors or graphic T... but very suble and classic looking... right now, I am really into Joe Boxer... he was a graphic artist turned fashion designer...

Reload Wife

« Reply #992 on: April 27, 2012, 12:46:07 PM »

Cute outfit. I wish I have a casual Friday at my workplace.

LadyLionness

« Reply #993 on: April 27, 2012, 12:48:19 PM »
As for jewelry, I don't have too many pieces (in my opinion... lolz... I think my husband will beg to differ)... but I only buy real pieces... such as 14K gold or silver pieces... I don't even like to buy lab created jewels...

In the last year or two, I have started buying some cheap jewelry... but I hardly wear them... I just go back to my gold and silver pieces...

I use my blazers and jackets as accessories... can't y'all tell?  lolz... that and scarves...

LadyLionness

« Reply #994 on: April 27, 2012, 12:49:20 PM »
I do believe accessories can help "style" up an ordinary outfit.

Ok... gonna go take a pic of my jewelry for you! ;D

It's the difference between a going to the park look and sexy night out on the town look... need to change the shoes of course... hehehe

LadyLionness

« Reply #995 on: April 27, 2012, 12:49:44 PM »
Nice.  Here's something that's tastefully obnoxious.   ;)

I agree... very tasteful.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #996 on: April 27, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »
Another thing when I shop for tops, I tend to shop for tops that is versatile. I want to see if I can wear it to work, after work, weekends, brunch, etc. I like to pull different kind of looks with just one top.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #997 on: April 27, 2012, 12:51:26 PM »
DC,

Please allow us to see the whole shirt girl.  

Your shirt is pretty.  :)  Where did you get it?  

The shirt is from Express. No wonder I didn't remember cause I "rarely" shop at express. I usually don't fit the clothes but this top is stretchy so it fits. I bought this in 2011 so it might not be at the store anymore.

LadyLionness

« Reply #998 on: April 27, 2012, 12:51:41 PM »
Because I prefer very out there jackets and blazers... I NOW prefer very basic tops... basic shapes, fit, colors, etc.... and UP it with jackets or scarves... shoes and jewelries...

LadyLionness

« Reply #999 on: April 27, 2012, 12:56:25 PM »
I can't keep up too...

is this thread always HOT like this? so many people responding at this time of the day?

No... all the photos yesterday got us excited... in the past there were only three of us posting pix and clothing... keep it up... though!!!

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1000 on: April 27, 2012, 12:56:29 PM »
I can't keep up too...

is this thread always HOT like this? so many people responding at this time of the day?
Usually it's dead but for some reason it's hot today. lol

go-go

« Reply #1001 on: April 27, 2012, 12:59:44 PM »
Another thing when I shop for tops, I tend to shop for tops that is versatile. I want to see if I can wear it to work, after work, weekends, brunch, etc. I like to pull different kind of looks with just one top.

yup me too
but the dresses are another matter! I have dresses that I've only worn once for weddings or holidays, or special events!  lol

LadyLionness

« Reply #1002 on: April 27, 2012, 01:03:09 PM »
yup me too
but the dresses are another matter! I have dresses that I've only worn once for weddings or holidays, or special events!  lol

thajyeeb... unless they are prom-ish dresses... you can dress them down with denim jackets, belts and sandals... or businessfy they with blazers, close toe pump and get more wear out of them.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1003 on: April 27, 2012, 01:03:41 PM »
I noticed it was a busy thread the first day I posted..hahah. . maybe it's cuz Lav, DC and myself contributed our photos! :2funny:

It is... and thajyeeb too... she is new at posting her pix as well.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1004 on: April 27, 2012, 01:03:53 PM »
I noticed it was a busy thread the first day I posted..hahah. . maybe it's cuz Lav, DC and myself contributed our photos! :2funny:
I had never contributed a photo so it's a good day. Hey it's Friday! ehehehehe

yup me too
but the dresses are another matter! I have dresses that I've only worn once for weddings or holidays, or special events!  lol
Ugh, I feel you on the dresses. I have a teal/turquoise cocktail dress I bought for a wedding and never worn it again.

Advertisements