Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 715371 times)

Lavender

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1035 on: April 28, 2012, 11:35:41 PM »
Anemone,
You have so many accessories.  I love them all.  :)

I need to buy more. 

LL,
I do like blazers.  Lol...somethin g on top.  :)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Lavender

« Reply #1036 on: April 29, 2012, 10:45:57 AM »
Dress to church:
Dress, Hmong design from Hmong Village store in MN.  $75  :-\
Top, black blazer from Forever21
Dark purple shoes from K-Mart.  I don't have a purple dress to go with the shoes but they are very comfortable.  So I bought them and wore them since the dress has purple design. 
Ankle bracelet from Wal-Mart.  I love ankle bracelet when wearing skirt or short pants.
Pearl necklace and earrings from Wal-Mart. 

Lol....I'm cheap like China.  ;D

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 29, 2012, 04:16:42 PM »
Dress to church:
Dress, Hmong design from Hmong Village store in MN.  $75  :-\
Top, black blazer from Forever21
Dark purple shoes from K-Mart.  I don't have a purple dress to go with the shoes but they are very comfortable.  So I bought them and wore them since the dress has purple design. 
Ankle bracelet from Wal-Mart.  I love ankle bracelet when wearing skirt or short pants.
Pearl necklace and earrings from Wal-Mart. 

Lol....I'm cheap like China.  ;D

Nice I see a lot of ladies these day are wearing a little of those Hmong fashion skirt or 2 piece set to church.  Along with those fashion purse too.  I find those purse are way too expensive when it got my sisters and I attention at a Hmong store once.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1038 on: April 29, 2012, 05:44:47 PM »
Ladies... and gentlemen... WHAT IS YOUR COLOR?  Which clothing color do you think look the best on you or have gotten the most compliments from?  I think mine is kelly green... lolz!

Fuschia. LOVE this color!

LadyLionness

« Reply #1039 on: April 29, 2012, 07:34:04 PM »
Lav,

Love that outfit... hmmm... blazer wise...  for us ladies that have kids already, I find that Forever 21 and H&M's blazers simply don't do enough to nip in our shape... no sure how much your blazers cost... but the Limited blazers on sales for about $50 is not bad... and once you have determined your sizes in each brand... ebay is the best place to get nice designer blazers that do more our post baby bodies...

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1040 on: April 30, 2012, 09:51:58 AM »
Here's my OOTD. Green top with a black undershirt. I don't ever wear any prints but for some reason I like this print. I'm wearing this top with dark gray striped dress pants and flat shoes. No accessories.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1041 on: April 30, 2012, 09:59:57 AM »
In regards to jackets... I like what she says here... so when I order jackets and blazers online, I made sure that the length of the jacket from bottom of collar, down the centerline to the bottom of the jacket is no more than 22 inches... It hits me perfectly at hip level like the picture on the left... and it's very flattering...

http://www.extrapetite.com/2012/04/spring-mint-dress-neutrals-cap-toe.html#more

LadyLionness

« Reply #1042 on: April 30, 2012, 10:43:25 AM »

Lavender

« Reply #1043 on: April 30, 2012, 12:15:25 PM »
Anemone,

I like the combination.  The silky blouse looks comfortable and the your necklace blend in well.  O0

LadyLionness

« Reply #1044 on: April 30, 2012, 02:16:35 PM »
How low is "too low", and how high is "too high" when it comes to ladies and skirts.  Mid thigh?  3/4 thigh?   ???

:D

2 inches above the knees is still consider decent.  Above that and it's not decent...

In the Hmong culture... I have gotten ding for wearing suits AT the bottom of my knees... lolz!

LadyLionness

« Reply #1045 on: April 30, 2012, 02:28:25 PM »
My dress for the valentine banquet was right AT the knees... I think just above and my husband said it was too short until I told him that I would be wearing it with black opaque tights and black ankle booties....

LadyLionness

« Reply #1046 on: April 30, 2012, 03:11:36 PM »
Being conservative prevails, right?   ???

Oy!

Depends on where you are going... out with your friends... sexy with class is the way to go... church functions or Hmong functions.... business sexy is best...

LadyLionness

« Reply #1047 on: April 30, 2012, 03:39:55 PM »
If you and your wife to be want to be respected and be viewed as two professional people who knows what they are doing... that dress is a little too short.  Yes, lots of Hmong ladies now wear skirts/ dresses that short to Hmong functions, but those women don't really care how they are viewed...
Watch the cleavage as well... and my husband tells me not to expose my shoulders... even with cap sleeve dresses, he tells me to wear a blazer or cardigan on top...

LadyLionness

« Reply #1048 on: April 30, 2012, 05:16:41 PM »
Dang.   :P

She has the attire needed, but sometimes it wouldn't hurt to push the envelope a bit, right?

Or not?   ???

Again, same as making a speech... gotta know who your audience is... and who you want to engage... I think there are more opportunities to glam up than not... if lots of Elders are going to be around, cater more towards them.  They don't know much about sexy or not... so she could wear something that skims the body, but at knee level...

Reload Wife

« Reply #1049 on: April 30, 2012, 05:54:10 PM »

Quote from: LadyLionness on April 28, 2012, 01:49:08 PMLadies... and gentlemen... WHAT IS YOUR COLOR?  Which clothing color do you think look the best on you or have gotten the most compliments from?  I think mine is kelly green... lolz!

I usually don't get compliment on one color. It's usually for the whole outfit. My favorite color is blue but I don't own lot of blue clothes.

Advertisements