Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 711655 times)

Reload Wife

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1050 on: April 30, 2012, 06:23:39 PM »
Dress to church:
Dress, Hmong design from Hmong Village store in MN.  $75  :-\
Top, black blazer from Forever21
Dark purple shoes from K-Mart.  I don't have a purple dress to go with the shoes but they are very comfortable.  So I bought them and wore them since the dress has purple design. 
Ankle bracelet from Wal-Mart.  I love ankle bracelet when wearing skirt or short pants.
Pearl necklace and earrings from Wal-Mart. 

Lol....I'm cheap like China.  ;D

Cute outfit. I love cheap jewerlies. You won't feel bad if you lose them.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Reload Wife

« Reply #1051 on: April 30, 2012, 06:38:06 PM »
Lav,

Do you like blazers?  I think if you were a more structure outer layer, it will define your shape better... and you are not heavy at all... you have a very nice body shape.
I like blazer but not all blazer looks good on me. I have narrow broad shoulder so blazer with shoulder padding look like football gear on me.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1052 on: April 30, 2012, 06:45:58 PM »
DC- I love the print of your blouse.
Anemone love the comb.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1053 on: April 30, 2012, 06:53:56 PM »
I like blazer but not all blazer looks good on me. I have narrow broad shoulder so blazer with shoulder padding look like football gear on me.

I have big shoulders, so I have the same problem too... I usually get rid of my shoulder pads...

Reload Wife

« Reply #1054 on: April 30, 2012, 07:09:50 PM »
I'm home sick today so I'll post a old picture.
Forever21 blazer
Banana Republic Factory dress
Ann Taylor Pump
Nordstorm Rack necklace

Reload Wife

« Reply #1055 on: April 30, 2012, 07:11:14 PM »
I wasn't gonna share but I'm bored so went and took a pic...hahaha.. .

Yes, all from NY&C again... ;D

I love your outfit. Very pretty.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:43:39 PM by Reload Wife »

Reload Wife

« Reply #1056 on: April 30, 2012, 07:28:29 PM »
Looks good on you...maybe I'll sport something like that in the next year or so. I don't think I reached that level yet. I am not bold enough to wear something like that yet.
Thanks. You mean wearing bright color. I used to be afraid of bright color too. But I found that wearing bright colors cheer up my mood. My workplace is very dull.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1057 on: April 30, 2012, 07:36:08 PM »
The green and the one piece dress suit...I hardly wear dress or skirt anyways.  ;D
I found that dresses and skirt are more flattering on me. I look horrible wearing pants.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1058 on: April 30, 2012, 07:51:42 PM »
with your body shape, how do you look horrible wearing pants? I think you would look beautiful...ju st have to find the right pants.  come to think about it, all your photos you posted are all dresses and skirts. hahaha...

BTW, can you unquote my photo..
Thanks.
I unquote your photo. I carries most of my weight on my thighs and stomach so pants doesn't look good on me.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:56:43 PM by Reload Wife »

LadyLionness

« Reply #1059 on: April 30, 2012, 07:53:33 PM »
Looks good on you...maybe I'll sport something like that in the next year or so. I don't think I reached that level yet. I am not bold enough to wear something like that yet.

Asia, this is why I like this thread so much... RLW and Anemone has inspired me to go back and wear more pencil skirts and sheath dresses again...  I have only worn it once to work... lolz... but it's one time more than last year... lolz!  I was sick and tired of always dressing up... but looking at that photos... it looks fun and interesting again... only this time... I will put my edgy spin into it... and won't be wearing straight skirt or pant suits anymore... at least not on a daily basis.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1060 on: April 30, 2012, 07:54:52 PM »
I unquote your photo. I carries most of my weight on my tights and stomach so pants doesn't look good on me.

Umm... I don't think your thighs could beat mine... lolz.  I have a 16 inches calf circumference. .. ahahahaha....  when I have shorts on my thighs look like they should belong to a top twice as big...

Reload Wife

« Reply #1061 on: April 30, 2012, 08:31:48 PM »

Umm... I don't think your thighs could beat mine... lolz.  I have a 16 inches calf circumference. .. ahahahaha....  when I have shorts on my thighs look like they should belong to a top twice as big...
LL your thighs looks fine.

Lavender

« Reply #1062 on: April 30, 2012, 11:40:48 PM »
Ladies,

What's up with all the chests today?  :-\ 

Asia, I think your tank looks nice.  I like the flower.  Ummm too close up, I cannot tell if it's a blouse or a tank top.  :-[

Reload Wife, you look like a business woman today.  O0  Something different and classic.   :)

shesaid

« Reply #1063 on: May 01, 2012, 02:05:45 AM »
Would any of you ladies wear a tasteful strapless, "shoulderless" dress?  Or would that be considered TOO extreme?  JW

I've never heard of a strapless dress being referred to as a shoulderless dress  :2funny:    I don't think Hmong people are THAT behind that wearing a strapless dress (or should I say shoulderless dress) is considered TOO extreme. As a matter of fact, some of the new modern Hmong clothing are strapless.

shesaid

« Reply #1064 on: May 01, 2012, 02:16:28 AM »
Lavender - here are my accessories.

Jewelry armoire I got from Target for $30 clearance (originally $150)

The top opens and that's where I keep my rings and more significant pieces (stuff from my husband, parents). In the lower corner where it's all black is some velvet jewelry cases and it holds some of the real stuff too. LOL... I also have some jewelry that belonged to my grandmother that she gave me right before she passed away last year.  :'( And I just put my daughter's small necklaces here because they are tiny so don't want to lose them.

Necklaces

Bracelets

I have a drawer for my 2 yr old daughter's hair stuff.

Sunglasses, glasses, brooches, other accessories.

Scarves...ther e are more under this layer...

More scarves. I have a huge collection of scarves. There are more in the closet.

Belts, clutches, etc... My grandmother's Hmong paj ntaub eye glass pouch. :(

The left side opens and more necklaces.

The right side opens and more...

Anemone-  I notice we have the same taste in jewlery  O0   I actually have the same or similar silver bracelet! I'm so jealous though... I've been on a hunt for a jewelry armoire and can't find one within my budget.

For now I have my eyes on this one....
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.H86082.desc.Gold-Silver-Safekeeper-Mirrored-Jewelry-Cabinet-by-Lori

but I'll settle for something like this  ;D
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.H193633.desc.Mayflower-Electric-Fireplace-w-Jewelry-Box-Vanity-Mirror

Advertisements