Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 711546 times)

go-go

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1095 on: May 01, 2012, 02:38:14 PM »
I was going to post up a picture but I realized that I'm wearing basically the same thing as I was in my pic from the other day  ::) :idiot2:  just the shirt under my cardigan is different today.
I basically wear the same thing too.  I mean, what you see above is what I typically wear on a daily basis to work.  A tshirt, a cardigan and capri with either flats or sandals.  I don't think that is being "fashionable" like you ladies who dressed up every day.  I think this workplace has made me very lazy and I like it!  :2funny:   But on the downside, I don't have a very trendy or fashionable wardrobe either. Just basic stuffs.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:42:18 PM by thajyeeb »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

go-go

« Reply #1096 on: May 01, 2012, 02:40:42 PM »
Nice, Thajyeeb... I like the colors... and you wear flower print very well.

Have you ever tried this outfit with a fitted blazer?  It might be something different to give you a more defined waist... etc.
Thank you,

No. I don't usually wear blazers to work because it's just too much for the office (if you know what I mean).  My crummy co-workers will be giving me weird looks.  Also, it's too damn hot to wear a blazer all day long.  I save the dressier stuff for other functions.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #1097 on: May 01, 2012, 02:43:23 PM »
Alright ladies. Y'all pulled my arms. lol.  I hardly shop for myself and if I do, it's one piece here, one piece there.  I tried to get colors that I can mix and match or a piece of article that I can mix and match with what I already have.  The only new item in this outfit is the tshirt, which I bought about a month ago.  Everything else were purchased years ago.   ;D   The capri look old and faded, but that's the design of it.... but you wouldn't know it from looking at the picture, huh? LOL

cardigan, Old Navy
Capri jeans, Apt 9, Kohls
Tshirt, Liz Claiborne, JCP
flats, Nicole, no idea where this came from

Nice cardigan.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1098 on: May 01, 2012, 02:45:24 PM »
Thank you,

No. I don't usually wear blazers to work because it's just too much for the office (if you know what I mean).  My crummy co-workers will be giving me weird looks.  Also, it's too damn hot to wear a blazer all day long.  I save the dressier stuff for other functions.

Yep... I know exactly what you mean... hehehe... my work place is very casual too... that's why I wear my leather jackets and denim jackets more b/c they are more casual... I wear cardigans every once in a long while... but you ladies make me want to wear mine... hehehe...

Reload Wife

« Reply #1099 on: May 01, 2012, 02:50:22 PM »
Thaijyeeb, The floral top looks great with the pink cardigan.

go-go

« Reply #1100 on: May 01, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »

Yep... I know exactly what you mean... hehehe... my work place is very casual too... that's why I wear my leather jackets and denim jackets more b/c they are more casual... I wear cardigans every once in a long while... but you ladies make me want to wear mine... hehehe...
I can't imagine wearing my leather jacket all day long in this heat. The cardigan has a 3/4 sleeve that is long enough to cover the chill in the morning, and then I can take it off when the sun is shining into my office in the afternoon.  This office is very casual to the point of being scruffy.  I'm not kidding....we're a bunch of hooligans!   :2funny:

Thanks, Reload Wife and Peachy! I don't know if this is a hot pink or a hot coral color.  I tend to think of it as hot coral. lol

Lavender

« Reply #1101 on: May 01, 2012, 02:54:08 PM »
Very comfortable.   O0

I love capri pants.  Jeans are cool.  O0

Alright ladies. Y'all pulled my arms. lol.  I hardly shop for myself and if I do, it's one piece here, one piece there.  I tried to get colors that I can mix and match or a piece of article that I can mix and match with what I already have.  The only new item in this outfit is the tshirt, which I bought about a month ago.  Everything else were purchased years ago.   ;D   The capri look old and faded, but that's the design of it.... but you wouldn't know it from looking at the picture, huh? LOL

cardigan, Old Navy
Capri jeans, Apt 9, Kohls
Tshirt, Liz Claiborne, JCP
flats, Nicole, no idea where this came from

go-go

« Reply #1102 on: May 01, 2012, 02:57:52 PM »
Very comfortable.   O0

I love capri pants.  Jeans are cool.  O0

yes indeed comfy!

Reload Wife

« Reply #1103 on: May 01, 2012, 02:58:46 PM »
Thajyeeb It may be the camera but the cardigan look more pink than coral to me. Coral has a orange tint to it.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1104 on: May 01, 2012, 02:59:55 PM »
I thought it was pink too... but both colors go well with the blue you have going on... very well put together.

go-go

« Reply #1105 on: May 01, 2012, 03:42:31 PM »
it's more coral than pink, so I'm sticking to coral. LOL
LL and Lav, I didn't see a pic from either one of you.... did I missed it?

LadyLionness

« Reply #1106 on: May 01, 2012, 03:46:21 PM »
it's more coral than pink, so I'm sticking to coral. LOL
LL and Lav, I didn't see a pic from either one of you.... did I missed it?

Just found charger to my old camera... need to go find and buy a charger for my new one... will be sharing again soon...

Lavender

« Reply #1107 on: May 01, 2012, 05:38:24 PM »

Today's outfit.
Dark green sweater from Macy with belt.
Light blue stripes pant from Express.
Black top from JCPenny.
Same pearl necklace wore before from Wal-Mart.
Peal earrings.

I like pearl necklace.  It looks nice and matches any outfit.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1108 on: May 01, 2012, 05:39:32 PM »

Today's outfit.
Dark green sweater from Macy with belt.
Light blue stripes pant from Express.
Black top from JCPenny.
Same pearl necklace wore before from Wal-Mart.
Peal earrings.

I like pearl necklace.  It looks nice and matches any outfit.

Lav, I like this one a lot... very nice... sexy in a very subtle way.

go-go

« Reply #1109 on: May 01, 2012, 06:01:18 PM »
Well, I do have a tailor touch up on the clothing.  Often enough, most men's clothiers will tailor to fit, even if it's off the rack.  I think a crisp, form fitting look is ideal, yet also functional, without breaks and obvious creases.  Smaller details are vital and would certainly add flavor.

Shoes, stay within budget but you find great footwear for awesome prices.  A guy should have his "everyday" suits, as well as those that hardly gets touched unless special occasions call for it.

Just my thought.
Ok, thanks.  I threw away all his old ill-fitting clothes and we got new, form fitting ones, with good design details and in colors that are more suited for him.  He does look much more put together and more polished.   I've just started looking into men's fashion blog and it's just as exciting to look at than women's fashion.

Still working on the shoes though... and have to get him fitted for more suits.

Advertisements