Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 715169 times)

Reload Wife

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1185 on: May 03, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »
The prints on your shirt really brings out the whole outfit overall.  Very beautiful as always.
Thanks. It's actually a dress. =)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Peachy Fish

« Reply #1186 on: May 03, 2012, 02:03:18 PM »
You look great PF!

;)

Thanks Sunsets.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1187 on: May 03, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »
Reload Wife, I love your outfits.

---

Thanks LL. For most of the time, I lean towards the classic look for office wear. Although, I'm quite a big gal, I still like to wear fitting clothes.  ;D

This is what I wore to my interview. I decided not to wear my black suit jacket on top. I hope this wasn't too much, and hopefully, I got the position. 

Outfit
Vest: Maurices
Button up shirt: NY&Co
Skirt: Grace Elements
Shoes: Adagio
Pearl Earrings: Target
Watch: SmartHealth

Great outfit for the job interview. Good luck.

go-go

« Reply #1188 on: May 03, 2012, 02:46:27 PM »
I try not to spend too much on clothes. I have a budget of $100 per month for clothes. I usually buy my clothes during sales. I love Ann Taylor and Loft additional 40% off sale. The only bad thing about waiting for sale is that most of the times the items I like are sold out in my size.  The Banana Factory dress here was on sale for $25. The shoes were $29 and the necklace from Forever was $9.80.

Back in the days when I was dressing up for work, I had a budget too.  But, I've quit doing that a few years ago when I got this job.  Now, I budget for skincare and makeup and put clothes in the backburner. After seeing and listening to you guys talk about your offices and saw what you ladies wore in this thread, I took a good, long look at my closet.  I basically have old stuffs from years ago (dresses are a different category).  Yes, I can mix and match to make outfits for work, but nothing really new and nothing really eye-catching.  And it's very limiting as to what I can do with what I have.  I can't believe that I've gotten into such a rut.  I still love the capri and flip flop look but I think I'll start to set aside a budget for clothes again. Today is the beginning of that .....as I just went to JCP during lunch and bought some stuff!   :2funny:    And I will attempt (note the italic!) to dress up at least 2 or 3 days out of the week.  This thread is inspiring me to do that.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #1189 on: May 03, 2012, 02:59:51 PM »
Great outfit for the job interview. Good luck.

Thanks RW.  :)

LadyLionness

« Reply #1190 on: May 03, 2012, 03:14:20 PM »
So busy today at work but gotta make some quick time for PH!  ;D

Here's my outfit today - pretty casual.

Black/white butterfly print tshirt - F21
Black ankle pants - Talbots
Turquoise blazer - Lauren Conrad for Kohls (looks so washed out here but it's actually a nice blue/green)
Black open toe heels - Aldo
Silver bracelet - F21
Oversized ring - H&M

I wore a scarf with today's outfit but I took it off briefly and went to take a picture and forgot to put it on. Oh well, the outfit looks cuter with the scarf on, so it's not so plain. LOL

I like it... very professional and comfortable.  Hey, where do you post from b/c I can see your pix but not mine...

LadyLionness

« Reply #1191 on: May 03, 2012, 03:33:11 PM »
LL, I use photobucket. I like it alot. It's easy to upload from my phone and just resize it and post on web.

was not able to access my photobucket a few days ago, maybe it's back now...

Moo.Moo.Yee

« Reply #1192 on: May 03, 2012, 03:46:24 PM »
I LOVVEEE Francesca's. Of course, their stuff does not fit me...but i like their jewelry selection and gifts.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1193 on: May 03, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »

Turquoise blazer - Lauren Conrad for Kohls (looks so washed out here but it's actually a nice blue/green)
Silver bracelet - F21
Oversized ring - H&M

I wore a scarf with today's outfit but I took it off briefly and went to take a picture and forgot to put it on. Oh well, the outfit looks cuter with the scarf on, so it's not so plain. LOL

I adore that top. I want it. Your outfit is so chic and comfortable.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1194 on: May 03, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »

Back in the days when I was dressing up for work, I had a budget too.  But, I've quit doing that a few years ago when I got this job.  Now, I budget for skincare and makeup and put clothes in the backburner. After seeing and listening to you guys talk about your offices and saw what you ladies wore in this thread, I took a good, long look at my closet.  I basically have old stuffs from years ago (dresses are a different category).  Yes, I can mix and match to make outfits for work, but nothing really new and nothing really eye-catching.  And it's very limiting as to what I can do with what I have.  I can't believe that I've gotten into such a rut.  I still love the capri and flip flop look but I think I'll start to set aside a budget for clothes again. Today is the beginning of that .....as I just went to JCP during lunch and bought some stuff!   :2funny:    And I will attempt (note the italic!) to dress up at least 2 or 3 days out of the week.  This thread is inspiring me to do that.
TY, I'm with you. I feel that for the last few years I'm in a rut as well.

However I think this year I'm realizing I need to dress up a little bit to make myself look more appealing. Well this is only for work but once i'm home im in PJ's and hair is tied up. LOL

I can't see myself all glammed up going to the store or gettin gas. It's not me.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1195 on: May 03, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »
Ok Ladies, I'll go home today and post up a top that looks like a dress ( don't know what it is called lol) I have that I LOVE. I want to find a way to wear it to work without overdressing. My workplace is Business Casual but I feel the top is too much. Every morning I wake up and look at the top but can't seem to find a way to incorporate it into my work wardrobe. I've only worn the top out clubbing with black skinny jeans and heels. I don't feel comfortable wearing it to work since it has a small slit to the shoulder and with black skinny jeans. Who knows it may just be appropriate for clubbing or a girls night out.  :2funny:

I'm thinking I might hem it so it's shorter but unsure. I'll need your advice once i post it up later.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1196 on: May 03, 2012, 04:21:05 PM »
Ok Ladies, I'll go home today and post up a top that looks like a dress ( don't know what it is called lol) I have that I LOVE. I want to find a way to wear it to work without overdressing. My workplace is Business Casual but I feel the top is too much. Every morning I wake up and look at the top but can't seem to find a way to incorporate it into my work wardrobe. I've only worn the top out clubbing with black skinny jeans and heels. I don't feel comfortable wearing it to work since it has a small slit to the shoulder and with black skinny jeans. Who knows it may just be appropriate for clubbing or a girls night out.  :2funny:

I'm thinking I might hem it so it's shorter but unsure. I'll need your advice once i post it up later.

It's called a Tunic and you should try it with sharp black dress pants... and high heel boots.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1197 on: May 03, 2012, 04:23:09 PM »
RW, looking good last night with your cocktail dress! So classic and simple. I think I have like 5-6 dresses like that just because they are so good to have around. But since I've had my baby, I haven't been able to fit into them. LOL! Love the play up of the necklace and shoes!  O0

I don't shop much for clothes at Francesca but I love their accessories! The clothes are cute but they are still kinda pricey for me. I always look for their little corner of sales/clearance but whatever is left is sooo big in size or too tiny! I like how you wore the dress as a top though! I don't think I can ever pull that off because the 'excess' material will be too bunched up for me since I already have enough going at the waistline. LOL

Peachy, hope you got the job! You look very polished!

I can't get enough sheath dress. I love how they are so versatile. You can wear them to work or dress them with accessories for a night out or event.

I love Francesca's but will have to agree that it pretty pricey. The dress is the only one I have from Francesca's.

And what are you talking about waist line. You looks fine. It's not hard to wearing a dress as a top.  The key thing to remember is that you wear should a longer skirt over the dress.  You can pretty much wear almost any dress as a top.

Lavender

« Reply #1198 on: May 03, 2012, 04:39:09 PM »

Silver bracelet - F21
Oversized ring - H&M

I like your shirt.  The prints on it are nice.   :)

go-go

« Reply #1199 on: May 03, 2012, 04:49:01 PM »
I can't get enough sheath dress. I love how they are so versatile. You can wear them to work or dress them with accessories for a night out or event.

I love Francesca's but will have to agree that it pretty pricey. The dress is the only one I have from Francesca's.

And what are you talking about waist line. You looks fine. It's not hard to wearing a dress as a top.  The key thing to remember is that you wear should a longer skirt over the dress.  You can pretty much wear almost any dress as a top.
I can't do that whole 'wear a dress as a top' thing either.  Too much material at the waist.  I think skinny folks with no potbelly are the only ones who can pull them off.

Silver bracelet - F21
Oversized ring - H&M

I like those pants. But they look like skinny legs... are they? I actually dont own any clothins from Talbot lines.  I'll have to remedy that!!  :D

Advertisements