Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 711692 times)

Lavender

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1245 on: May 07, 2012, 11:16:34 AM »
Anemone,
You look very cute today.  O0

Lao,
Really?  That's so cute.  Please show picture.

______________ _______
I've been busy lately.  So no sharing for me until a while.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

proudlao

« Reply #1246 on: May 07, 2012, 11:20:45 AM »
yes, sometimes I would wear just a plain t-shirt or polo under a v-nect sweather vest.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1247 on: May 07, 2012, 11:21:25 AM »
yes, sometimes I would wear just a plain t-shirt or polo under a v-nect sweather vest.

sexy... love sweaters on a guy...

Lavender

« Reply #1248 on: May 07, 2012, 11:30:39 AM »
That's classic and cute.  :)

proudlao

« Reply #1249 on: May 07, 2012, 11:31:10 AM »
That look never ever go out of style lol  O0

Reload Wife

« Reply #1250 on: May 07, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
Happy Monday!

Cream lace top - H&M
Black/white cardigan - Loft
Black ankle pants - Talbots
Black heels - Aldo
Pink necklace - F21

I want that lace top in cream so badly the first I saw it but unfortunately they run out my size. So I got the navy one instead. 

go-go

« Reply #1251 on: May 07, 2012, 11:57:45 AM »
Thajyeeb... I like your outfits... the only thing is that with the prints... it seems to expand and make you appear top heavy... which I don't think you are.  I think all you need is some jackets to nip you in... if blazer will be too formal for work... there are lots of jean blazers out there that will work also... and denim vest.  I know you like cardigans, but they are not very good at nipping you in at the waist. 
Like you said, you and I have shorter torsos, so probably a jacket that is no longer than 22 inches (measured from bottom of collar, down center line, to the bottom of the jacket)... and nip in the waist like my Teri Jon jacket that I wore with the flag shirt.

So, you're saying all these prints make me look fat because they expand my top half??   :'(  I don't know, I don't think they make me top heavy.  I agree that maybe they are not nipped at the waist, so that hour-glass image is not visible in the picture, but I don't think it makes me appear wider or bigger at the top.    I don't usually put emphasis on my waist because I don't exactly have a small waist like some of you.  I carry my fat on my stomach  and I tend to wear clothes that will hide the lumps and bumps.  The last picture posted (with the black/yellow top) should appear boxy and that is because I tucked it so that it would appear boxy, thus aligning with the pants to give me that straight look. 

Jackets are not ideal for this climate.   I'm wearing a cropped jacket now, but even that will eventually come off in the afternoon. 

Reload Wife

« Reply #1252 on: May 07, 2012, 12:35:09 PM »
So going back to look at Thajyeeb’s outfit, I don’t think it made you top heavy, I think the print is fine.

I probably would suggest a belt to break up the point from where the top ends and where the pants begins, so it doesn’t look continuous… I hope that made sense. I don’t have a small waistline or a flat stomach either so I tend to wear my tops over my belt line, but when I do tuck in my shirts, I notice that even with a not-so-flat-tummy, if I wear a belt…it helps make me looks like I have longer legs.

I think having a blazer/jacket on wouldn’t necessary work for this outfit. Her pants are very loose and I think wearing more layers will just make her look like she’s swimming in her clothes.
I agreed with Anemone. The print is fine. You should try a belt to clinch the waist line to create the illusion of a small waist.  I maybe skinny but I don't have a small waist and not-so-flat tummy either.

go-go

« Reply #1253 on: May 07, 2012, 01:00:45 PM »
Yes I thought about a belt, but didn't wear one at the time. I usually don't like belts because they make my belly even more bulgier!  And if I do wear a belt, I make sure to wear a top that floats away from the body and doesn't emphasize the bulky belt. 

I love that black/yellow top.  It's so loose and free-flowy.... and light and airy!!!  I wear it as a tshirt, but I will wear it differently next time. I'll layer it with a jacket and will wear long pants to dress it up. 

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 01:06:19 PM by thajyeeb »

Reload Wife

« Reply #1254 on: May 07, 2012, 01:53:34 PM »
Do you ladies and gents do themes or does members just post what they wear for the day?  Would you ladies and gents be oppose to a theme or fashion challenge?  I think with theme challenges, it help people step out of their comfort zone and play with colors, textures, patterns that they may not have done or thought of. 

What are your thoughts would you participate for fun if someone does a fashion challenge?

I'm always up for a challenge. You can count me in. =)

LadyLionness

« Reply #1255 on: May 07, 2012, 02:16:44 PM »

So, you're saying all these prints make me look fat because they expand my top half??   :'(  I don't know, I don't think they make me top heavy.  I agree that maybe they are not nipped at the waist, so that hour-glass image is not visible in the picture, but I don't think it makes me appear wider or bigger at the top.    I don't usually put emphasis on my waist because I don't exactly have a small waist like some of you.  I carry my fat on my stomach  and I tend to wear clothes that will hide the lumps and bumps.  The last picture posted (with the black/yellow top) should appear boxy and that is because I tucked it so that it would appear boxy, thus aligning with the pants to give me that straight look. 

Jackets are not ideal for this climate.   I'm wearing a cropped jacket now, but even that will eventually come off in the afternoon. 

Maybe it is the boxiness. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #1256 on: May 07, 2012, 02:18:11 PM »
Do you ladies and gents do themes or does members just post what they wear for the day?  Would you ladies and gents be oppose to a theme or fashion challenge?  I think with theme challenges, it help people step out of their comfort zone and play with colors, textures, patterns that they may not have done or thought of. 

What are your thoughts would you participate for fun if someone does a fashion challenge?

I am not sure... there are just some styles and some trends that I will never wear b/c it simply does not suit my body type.  I would depend on how much liberty we have to intrepret a look and whether we have it in our closets already or not. 

What do you have in mind?

LadyLionness

« Reply #1257 on: May 07, 2012, 02:53:20 PM »
OK... I see.  Or we can go with something that it's already in here too... for instance... lace pencil skirt or just simply pencil skirts... we all pick a day and wear it and share pix...

Or go with Asia's new leather jacket... and let's see all the different styles, etc... different ways of wearing one piece... etc... maybe our interpretation or spin on it.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1258 on: May 07, 2012, 03:00:32 PM »
I do like the idea of color blocking too... it would be interesting to try and share...

Would any of you ladies do the sheer skirt trend?  I don't think I will ... lolz!

LadyLionness

« Reply #1259 on: May 07, 2012, 03:03:40 PM »
Pea, I like it... always wanted to see a Hmong man in a pink button down.  You carry it off very well.  Please continue to contribute.

Advertisements