Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717631 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1335 on: May 08, 2012, 10:58:46 AM »
I’m not thrilled about having ‘winners’. I think style is so diverse among each of us that we can’t deem one person has having ‘the best’ style or whatever. I’m not sure how these challenges are usually done and if there are always a winner announced.

I would rather just do a showcase/gallery of here’s how these participants style a basic white t and jeans.

If you want to mentally vote for a winner, go for it. But I don’t think we need to make announcements of so-so is the winner. The challenge should be used as an inspiration..i n my honest opinion.

I agree.  Will let Finest and the rest of the folks know.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Reload Wife

« Reply #1336 on: May 08, 2012, 11:02:44 AM »
LOL! That looks exactly like DC's top!  ;D Good find RW!  O0

But I agree that a blazer is your best option, especially since you want it work appropriate.

Lol thanks.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1337 on: May 08, 2012, 11:03:52 AM »
For the Fashion Challenge...

NO PRIZE...ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE WINNERS... this will just be for fun... and there will be a weekly challenge until we run out of ideas...

Like this post: +1

Reload Wife

« Reply #1338 on: May 08, 2012, 11:06:03 AM »
Wait, there are going to be winners?  ???

I thought it was just going to be like a "this is how I would style it" thing to show others, not necessarily picking a 'best person or winner'.

That's what I thought too. This may or may not discourage people from posting their photo.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1339 on: May 08, 2012, 11:07:13 AM »

NO PRIZE...ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE WINNERS... this will just be for fun... and there will be a weekly challenge until we run out of ideas...

Like this post: +2

go-go

« Reply #1340 on: May 08, 2012, 11:10:52 AM »
I’m not thrilled about having ‘winners’. I think style is so diverse among each of us that we can’t deem one person has having ‘the best’ style or whatever. I’m not sure how these challenges are usually done and if there are always a winner announced.

I would rather just do a showcase/gallery of here’s how these participants style a basic white t and jeans.

If you want to mentally vote for a winner, go for it. But I don’t think we need to make announcements of so-so is the winner. The challenge should be used as an inspiration..i n my honest opinion.
I second this.
If there are going to be polls and winners, then I'm out. Sorry.  I participate (in the fashion thread) on my own accord and will not do it if there are going to be rules.  I will not vote either because I think everyone's taste is unique and different and it will turn out to be a popularity contest in the end. It always ends up that way. 

Besides, who's judging? And what are they judging on? You can see where this is heading already.....

Like this post: +1

Reload Wife

« Reply #1341 on: May 08, 2012, 11:12:29 AM »
Yes, let's just keep it fun and no picking winners.

Sorry, I don't mean to be a party pooper but I just don't think it should be a competitive thing. Or maybe I'm just afraid I'll get no votes. LOL!!!  :2funny:  :D

Anemone you're a great dress. I look to you for inspiration. You will always get my vote.  O0

LadyLionness

« Reply #1342 on: May 08, 2012, 11:16:50 AM »
I really enjoy seeing all the different styles... even though I can't wear some of the stuff you ladies wear... I can still admire them from afar... :D :D :D  Yep... let's keep it fun... let's just share!

go-go

« Reply #1343 on: May 08, 2012, 11:33:49 AM »
You guys can compete if everyone is in agreement to the challenge.  It's just that I won't participate because I'll probably not get any vote and it'll look embarassing!!   :2funny:   
I hope I didn't put a damper on things here.  Sorry nawb!

LadyLionness

« Reply #1344 on: May 08, 2012, 11:36:31 AM »
You guys can compete if everyone is in agreement to the challenge.  It's just that I won't participate because I'll probably not get any vote and it'll look embarassing!!   :2funny:   
I hope I didn't put a damper on things here.  Sorry nawb!

No competition.  This is for us to share.  The challenge is not in who win... but it's for us to challenge ourselves and create outfits we would not normally think of.  This is all for fun... as fashion should be.

Finest

« Reply #1345 on: May 08, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
Ok how about this:

- No voting, no polls.  Everyone participates for fun and just to show off their creativity.
- But I'll still contribute the GC to the person LL feel best represents the theme.  Deal? 

LadyLionness

« Reply #1346 on: May 08, 2012, 12:08:19 PM »
The challenge was sukie's idea... and the theme was reload's wife's....  I just got it going... so if those two ladies want to help me pick one... otherwise, we realy appreciate your offer... but will keep it simple... as we really do enjoy all the different styles and interpretation s.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:40:03 PM by LadyLionness »

sunsets

« Reply #1347 on: May 08, 2012, 12:28:25 PM »
for starters...

brown belt, dark denim jeans, & brown shoes...

I like your shoes.... O0

Reload Wife

« Reply #1348 on: May 08, 2012, 12:28:34 PM »
The challenge was sukei's idea... and the theme was reload's wife's....  I just got it going... so if those two ladies want to help me pick one... otherwise, we realy appreciate your offer... but will keep it simple... as we really do enjoy all the different styles and interpretation s.

LL Thank you for hosting the challenge.
Finest - Thank you for the offer but I think that there shouldn't be a prize involve. The challenge is to  encourage everyone to participate and get inspiration from each other.

Calypso

« Reply #1349 on: May 08, 2012, 12:34:49 PM »
pea, I like ur shoes too! R u gonna save the full body shot for Friday's showing?

Advertisements