Advertisement

Author Topic: Just got my 32gb Apple Ipad.. And I...  (Read 12191 times)

N`Chync

Re: Just got my 32gb Apple Ipad.. And I...
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 01:22:22 AM »
Stating the facts of is differeny from defending. And maybe u should do a PH search of my name. Bet u will see more than just apple.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

7s87

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 08:43:58 AM »
Over priced and over hyped!  ::)

hmg-eng

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 10:38:14 AM »
LOL why would you waste your money on it? Only 32 gb and expensive as hell. Netbooks are much cheaper and the same size. Plus you can actually type with a keyboard and they have webcams. LOL

Too many people are crazy with apple. Apple could sell horse dung and people would still buy it. Plus didn't someone come out with some other product similiar to the ipad but much better. Can't recall, it was in the news not too long ago.

N`Chync

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 01:09:43 PM »
LOL why would you waste your money on it? Only 32 gb and expensive as hell. Netbooks are much cheaper and the same size. Plus you can actually type with a keyboard and they have webcams. LOL

Too many people are crazy with apple. Apple could sell horse dung and people would still buy it. Plus didn't someone come out with some other product similiar to the ipad but much better. Can't recall, it was in the news not too long ago.

gotta think outside of the box. most iPod owners hve a iPhone. most iPhone owners have a iPad. iPhone and iPhone 3G both have a 2 megapixel camera and the iPhone 3GS with a 3 megapixlel and autofocus that can be used as a camera for the iPad while u get a crapy .3 megapixel on a netbook. keyboard?

plus ur comparing to the wrong thing. iPads are internet tablets so if u were to compare then compare to other internet tablets.

Motion Computing
12.7 in Motion J3400 1.4 GHz Tablet PC with 4 GB RAM, 64 GB Solid State Drive, Camera, Second Battery, J-Series Mobile Keyboard, View Anywhere Display and Windows 7 Professional

Starting Price      $3,099.99

just like we don't compare Netbooks to Laptops.

and no i don't have a iPad. i just know the strengths and weaknesses.  Apple products like the iPod, iPhone, and iPad are attractive because of their UI. my mom and dad have no problems with their iPods. Older people especially like the iPad because of it's simplicity. the general consumer isn't your computer nerd like many who point out the flaws.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:11:44 PM by N`Chync »

Diemos

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 08:42:30 AM »
gotta think outside of the box. most iPod owners hve a iPhone. most iPhone owners have a iPad. iPhone and iPhone 3G both have a 2 megapixel camera and the iPhone 3GS with a 3 megapixlel and autofocus that can be used as a camera for the iPad while u get a crapy .3 megapixel on a netbook. keyboard?

plus ur comparing to the wrong thing. iPads are internet tablets so if u were to compare then compare to other internet tablets.

Motion Computing
12.7 in Motion J3400 1.4 GHz Tablet PC with 4 GB RAM, 64 GB Solid State Drive, Camera, Second Battery, J-Series Mobile Keyboard, View Anywhere Display and Windows 7 Professional

Starting Price      $3,099.99

just like we don't compare Netbooks to Laptops.

and no i don't have a iPad. i just know the strengths and weaknesses.  Apple products like the iPod, iPhone, and iPad are attractive because of their UI. my mom and dad have no problems with their iPods. Older people especially like the iPad because of it's simplicity. the general consumer isn't your computer nerd like many who point out the flaws.

It is fairly obvious to many here that you are a fan of Apple products and that in itself is fine. After all, we’re all entitled to what we want to use for whatever reason that may be. My biggest concern, however, is the fallacy and selectiveness in which you use to make your point. What do I mean?

Thinking outside the box? By your definition of “thinking outside the box”, it would be equally misleading to draw a conclusion that most folks who own a cell phone also have a camera and a MP3 player therefore do not need such functions on their phones. This would mean the absence of such features on a cell phone, such as the iPhone, would be justifiable given said reasoning. Hypothetically, let’s say Apple bypasses the inclusion of MP3 and camera function on the iPhone. Would you still using your “thinking outside the box” reasoning to justify the lack of MP3 and camera capabilities in an iPhone? I have my doubts.

Also, using the presence of a feature in one device to claim superiority of another device (which lacks that feature) over a competing device (that has such feature, although not the best by any means) is plain silly. Confusing? Just because an iPhone has a better camera than a netbook doesn’t make the iPad’s situation of no camera any better and is completely irrelevant. After all, you are comparing the features of a different device (iPhone/iPhone 3G), which is not used in the comparison, to that of a netbook and with the assumption that the user owns both devices. So one would need two devices (the iPad and the iPhone for its camera to supplement the iPad) in order to best a netbook? Not a very convincing argument. Perhaps I can compare owning a netbook and a DSLR camera to that of the iPad with its lack of a camera to make an equally ridiculous claim.

As for the keyboard you mention, we all know the iPad has no built in USB and that the iPad it requires an additional addon in order to have USB capabilities. I don’t quite see how having to purchase an additional addon in order to get a basic necessity, such as a physical keyboard, can be appealing. It fails to prove that the iPad is on equal footing as a netbook in terms of ease of input, and simply proves that the shortcomings of the iPad must be supplemented by shelling out extra cash for additional accessories.

Your selectiveness in comparing an iPad to other “internet tablets”, in this case the J3400 (which is actually a tablet PC and not an Internet tablet), is appalling. I’m sure there are lots of other devices that would make a far more balanced comparison (perhaps an HP Slate or Dell Streak). Instead, you chose to compare the iPad to a rugged industrial grade tablet to simply make your point that the iPad’s price is somehow reasonable. In your distorted reality, perhaps the iPad can withstand being dropped from 3 feet, water splash resistant, has hot swappable batteries, runs on a Core 2 Duo, as well as having a full blown operating system, just like the J3400. In reality, you are comparing apples to oranges.

I will however agree with you that a comparison of an iPad to a netbook is not entirely accurate. Apple has created a niche device that is hard make a valid comparison to. It is neither a notebook nor a netbook. Quite frankly, in my opinion, it is more like an oversized smart phone stripped of its phone calling capabilities.

Advertisements