Advertisement

Author Topic: Jailbreak iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2  (Read 1747 times)

N`Chync

Spirit
http://spiritjb.com/

What's Spirit?
Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the latest firmwares.
Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)

Requirements
Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
Syncing with iTunes before trying this highly recommended.

Note: On iPad, all this is still sort of beta. Some packages in Cydia, not designed for iPad, might screw up your system and require you to restore. Be careful. (And no, Cydia's appearance is not final.)

Make sure your iPad is on, in normal mode, and connected to the computer via your USB cable. Open Spirit – it will see your device and show it's ready (Spirit works on any activated/hacktivated iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2).

Press… you guessed it, Jailbreak. For about 30 seconds you'll see Spirit tell you it's jailbreaking.

Your iPad will show a "Restore Complete" screen (don't worry, it's not deleting any of your info/content), and Spirit will show Jailbreak Complete!   WINDOWS FOLKS: If you're getting error code c0000005, apparently setting compatibility mode to Windows 98 allows Spirit to work.  

The iDevice will restart, and for a minute or two you will see the lovely art made by OPK while Spirit is extracting the bootstrap package and finishing its work.

I strongly suggest if you have not already backed up your SHSH blobs, you open Cydia and press the Make my life easier, thanks! button to have saurik's server back them up for you. This ensures you can always restore to the 3.2 firmware, regardless of whether Apple attempts to restrict that later.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:29:54 AM by N`Chync »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline i_r_stupid

• PH Regular
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
This is the easiest jailbreak ever.  I actually downloaded this the day it went live. 

N`Chync

Blackra1n was easier since u didn't have to worry about comptability and iTunes. 

Advertisements