Advertisement

Author Topic: Good e-book reading device  (Read 1537 times)

jbutton

Good e-book reading device
« on: May 11, 2010, 12:38:53 PM »
I am thinking of getting a computer for reading e-book (pdf format and chm format).  I'm thinking about the HP tablet.

http://www.jksalesinc.com/catalog/images/TC1100.jpg

what do you guys think?  maybe iPad might be a good option..

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

jetter

Re: Good e-book reading device
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 06:52:21 PM »
I have been using my moto droid for reading ebooks, kinda small but I can zoom in and out and it is working out fine reading chm and pdf ebooks.  I think ipad is good or those sony ones or get one that supports linux and put ubuntu on it.

vangst

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:32:08 PM »
At work we have the hp tablet 2710p and 2730p models...the battery and adapter seem to go south after 1.5 year or so.
I'm not really a big fan of hp products. Maybe try the sony one or something else.

vangst

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:34:39 PM »
Sorry made a typo. I meant the sony reader.

jbutton

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 09:27:37 AM »
The problem with LCD screens of laptops and tablets is that they are not friendly to the eyes.  I like the ink like screen of Kindle but not all technical books are in Kindle format.  Most of them are in PDF format.  I also would prefer a bigger screen as I need to seen figures and drawing better.  Oh well.. maybe I will wait for the technology to catch up.

Knite Shift

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 11:13:34 PM »
I'm not familiar with tablets so I can't help you but here is a comparison chart I came across a couple months ago. Maybe it can help you decide.

Advertisements