Advertisement

Author Topic: Txiv Xaiv: funeral songs  (Read 51929 times)

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Re: Txiv Xaiv: funeral songs
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2011, 03:15:55 PM »
I just out this past weekend that hais xi is not required if someone passes away and does not have a tub and nyab? What if his tub and nyab are divorce but no offsprings? Can they still hais xi?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2012, 11:02:32 AM »
I just out this past weekend that hais xi is not required if someone passes away and does not have a tub and nyab? What if his tub and nyab are divorce but no offsprings? Can they still hais xi?

no offspring, no hais xi. even with 10 kids, it's up to the family.

A_New_Beginning

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »
There has to have a rooj Xim aka rooj plaub rooj lus.  But all can be taken care of by the Kavxwm.  Xivxaiv is not required.

When my father passed away, we dont even have Xivxaiv, per his final wish. During his last few weeks, probably he knew he's going to go, he said, "Kuv tej lus nyiaj lus kub, tej koob tej hmoo ces twb muaj tab rau cov uas hlub kuv, nrog kuv nyob. Kev ua nom ua tswv ces leejtwg hlub kuv ces tau zoo, kev ua neej kuv twb qhia tag rau nej. Yog tias kuv tus mob tsis tso kuv tseg, es kuv tau mus lawm tsis thas hais tej lus uas tsis yog kuv lus."

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2012, 09:27:24 PM »

lots of truth in your dad's final wish. txivxais in one ear and out the other, there is no point in learning when alive you don't even show your appreciation/love.

yaweh

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »
an advice for all:

it has been only 30 years since the migration from laos to america.  but the differences of the "old" txiv xaiv and the "new" ones in america is SO BIG!  in fact, many of the txiv xaiv "changed" their verses or kws songs...to the point of not making any more sense.

yaweh

A_New_Beginning

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2012, 08:22:50 PM »
Since we dont have Txivxaiv. Txwjlaug, Muamphauj and a couple former Tojxeem, and former GVP's Commanders, Majors and Lieutenants, and the leaders of the various Hmong organizations in the States blessed us with their words of wisdom and pays their respect to my father. I think this is way better than listening to Xivxaiv.  I got collections of Xivxaiv from numerous Txiv Xaiv, that I listen to whenever I have leisure time.

yuknowthat

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2012, 12:24:23 PM »
There has to have a rooj Xim aka rooj plaub rooj lus.  But all can be taken care of by the Kavxwm.  Xivxaiv is not required.

When my father passed away, we dont even have Xivxaiv, per his final wish. During his last few weeks, probably he knew he's going to go, he said, "Kuv tej lus nyiaj lus kub, tej koob tej hmoo ces twb muaj tab rau cov uas hlub kuv, nrog kuv nyob. Kev ua nom ua tswv ces leejtwg hlub kuv ces tau zoo, kev ua neej kuv twb qhia tag rau nej. Yog tias kuv tus mob tsis tso kuv tseg, es kuv tau mus lawm tsis thas hais tej lus uas tsis yog kuv lus."

true...tau khoob tau hmoov ces yog thaum ciaj tsis yog thaum tuag..

zaubmos

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2012, 01:43:57 AM »
My husband is a student n tau mus hais ob peb zaug lawm its very sad

Kuv tsis understand but he'll tell me what they r saying and as we listen more i start to understand more

Yus yuav xyaum ces xyaum thaum hluas laus lawm mam xyaum nws nyuaj heev..yus tau cov lus xwb tsis tau lus suab nws tsis zoo thiab ...hais tsis zoo mloog..tus cov lus thiab lub suab lawm hais mas zoo mloog tshaj

I do encourage peb cov tub hluas to learn this ..yus xyaum tau thiab yus understand lawm yus mam paub hais tias txog kev hais txiv xaiv nws muaj nqis npaum cas and how meaningful the words r ..cov lus no tsuas tog lus paj lub kub lus zoo rau yus khaws coj mus ua neej xwb very  O0

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2012, 11:11:49 PM »
zaubmos,

first, sorry i haven't update this post for awhile. secondly, great that your husband is learning. we need more young-middle age people to learn. it's hard cause we're losing our language. thirdly, if you pay attention to the lyrics, the words are basic hmong tongue.

the links are no longer working but i will upload them to a permanent site for easy access. and i have more translations to add.

thanks to all for viewing/learning.

enjoy,

slude

zaubmos

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »
Koj upload cov txiv xaiv li no es koj tus xib hwb tsis hais li cas lov? Kuv husband nws tus xib hwb tsis pub laiv

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »
tsis ua li cas, cause it's public knowledge and txiv xaiv is for the living not the dead. different reason for different xib hwb and i was taught to share knowledge not hide from others. i can't share or speak of the death verses but i can share 'educational' and 'inspirational' according to my own interpretation . txivi xaiv adapts to educate, not to compare.

zaubmos

« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2012, 12:15:50 AM »
tsis ua li cas, cause it's public knowledge and txiv xaiv is for the living not the dead. different reason for different xib hwb and i was taught to share knowledge not hide from others. i can't share or speak of the death verses but i can share 'educational' and 'inspirational' according to my own interpretation . txivi xaiv adapts to educate, not to compare.

Ahhhh!! Gotcha :)

yuknowthat

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2012, 01:55:21 PM »
Koj upload cov txiv xaiv li no es koj tus xib hwb tsis hais li cas lov? Kuv husband nws tus xib hwb tsis pub laiv
tsis zoo hais tom vaj tom tsev xwb..thiab yog lus ntuas ua neej, i think your hubby tus xibfwb hais li ntawv because "if you want to hear you must pay first"..i think?

zaubmos

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2012, 02:03:39 PM »
tsis zoo hais tom vaj tom tsev xwb..thiab yog lus ntuas ua neej, i think your hubby tus xibfwb hais li ntawv because "if you want to hear you must pay first"..i think?

Es yog mloog nev?? Mloog puas ua cas no?

Yea tau pay mas

Futurist

« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2012, 10:21:38 PM »
I'm interested in downloading the songs but the links are dead. If anyone have new links I'd gladly appreciate it!  :)

Advertisements