Advertisement

Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 8408 times)

N`Chync

Windows 7
« on: May 28, 2010, 07:13:53 AM »
my gf forget her password on her Vista computer so i had my friend reformat and put Windows 7 on it and i'm really liking Windows 7. Everything works soo smoothly. i'm glad i went from Windows Xp to Windows 7. now hopefully Windows Phone 7 is as nice and user friendly.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

teetee

Re: Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 07:52:08 AM »
yeah its a nice os.  Works better then Vista. 

N`Chync

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 09:00:35 AM »
yea i didnt like Vista either from the few times i saw it.

Gutts

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 04:29:51 PM »
Agree.  I went from XP to 7.  Loving it!  And also the fact that I paid $30 for it as well.

jbutton

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 07:13:34 PM »
my gf forget her password on her Vista computer so i had my friend reformat and put Windows 7 on it and i'm really liking Windows 7. Everything works soo smoothly. i'm glad i went from Windows Xp to Windows 7. now hopefully Windows Phone 7 is as nice and user friendly.

How long did it take you to install Windows 7 including all the drivers?

N`Chync

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 01:17:19 AM »
Idk cuz I left the computer at his place. What took long was transfering the 200 gb of data to the computer

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 12:46:01 PM »
did I read it right?  It can take on the upwards of 20+ hours to install that operating system?!  That's insane.  I think I'll stick to my OS Leopard. 

NytWolf

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 01:12:09 PM »
did I read it right?  It can take on the upwards of 20+ hours to install that operating system?!  That's insane.  I think I'll stick to my OS Leopard. 
Yeah, you do dat.   ::)  You Mac peeps are too good to be waiting around while OS's install anyway.

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 03:27:06 PM »
Windows 7 takes 30 minutes.  LOL...20+ hours is probably due to having massive application up the wazoo and major p0rn and music transferring over USB 2.0.

That's still a long time for me.  Mandrake and Redhat took all of 15 to 20 minutes to install.  I don't remember how long Ubuntu takes, but I can't imagine it exceeding 30+ minutes.  All my ripped movie files and p0rn are on a separate hard drive. 

NytWolf

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 06:03:56 PM »
That's still a long time for me.  Mandrake and Redhat took all of 15 to 20 minutes to install.  I don't remember how long Ubuntu takes, but I can't imagine it exceeding 30+ minutes.  All my ripped movie files and p0rn are on a separate hard drive. 
I still don't get you peeps ... wanting everything done for you.  Just be glad you don't live in the days of DOS.

Think about installing Slackware from 64 floppy disks, and editing your configuration files before compiling it, just so that you can get all your hardware working properly. 

Kids these days.   ::)  Think they know everything, but still want things done for them.

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 02:36:14 PM »
I still don't get you peeps ... wanting everything done for you.  Just be glad you don't live in the days of DOS.

Think about installing Slackware from 64 floppy disks, and editing your configuration files before compiling it, just so that you can get all your hardware working properly. 

Kids these days.   ::)  Think they know everything, but still want things done for them.

I'm not a kid; And, I used to run programs on DOS and I was I even programing in BASIC on an Apple 2e a long time ago even before the days of that garbage microsoft.  AND, I do know a sh!tty operating system like Winblows should be outlawed.  I've had my macbook air for almost 2 years now; not a single OS failure yet.  Granted I don't do the overclocking, run RAID 0, 1, 3, 7, 12 or whatever, or even play games anymore but I didn't do a whole lot of that back in the days either; still the WinOS would crash.  Even the Desktop I use at home (NOT EVEN CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET <--I don't allow it) has problems running Winblows. 

jbutton

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »
I wonder if I can play windows XP games under Windows 7.

NytWolf

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 05:05:01 PM »
Even the Desktop I use at home (NOT EVEN CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET <--I don't allow it) has problems running Winblows. 
So the other 40 million Winblows (as you call it) users must be more skilled than you, because their computers are connected to the Internet ALL THE TIME.  I see it as user error.  Ignorance (or in your case, conceitedness) is no excuse for not learning how to use an OS properly.

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 07:26:12 PM »
So the other 40 million Winblows (as you call it) users must be more skilled than you, because their computers are connected to the Internet ALL THE TIME.  I see it as user error.  Ignorance (or in your case, conceitedness) is no excuse for not learning how to use an OS properly.

This coming from a Microsoft employee.  Well, I can see why you'd be happy to reinstall that OS.  It's a good thing I'm running Ubuntu on it then.  You're thankful for Winblows b/c it's called, "job security" <--even if you're not Microsoft but rather an I.T. whose job is dependent upon an inept operating system to continuously fix, reinstall, trouble-shoot, network, upgrade/update whatever.  I'm not ignorant AND I used to be an I.T. as well so I know the ins and outs of a crap operating system.  Imagine if Bill ever discovered Unix.  Or in this case, if you ever discovered Unix...

N`Chync

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »
I never understood when people said Windows crashes and etc. Never experience that sort on any of my computers and I'm a heavy user.

Advertisements