General Category > Funeral Rituals & Customs

xyom cuab: ua tsaug

<< < (4/5) > >>

slude:
thanks yuknowthat. this is one of the most poetic ua tsaug verse. if you can say this, your native tongue is  O0

slude:

--- Quote from: poppyseed on November 03, 2010, 10:31:12 PM ---if you need to hear it use this website: http://hmong.lomation.com/reader/index.php

--- End quote ---

O0 O0 i can type in there all night.

yuknowthat:

--- Quote from: poppyseed on November 03, 2010, 10:31:12 PM ---if you need to hear it use this website: http://hmong.lomation.com/reader/index.php

--- End quote ---
thanks poppy i felt stupid after hearing it hahaha...very useful

NeejTshiab:

--- Quote from: A_New_Beginning on September 24, 2010, 10:31:38 PM ---You dont need a recording for this. This is only a 30 second thing.

If I were you I rather get my a.ss to a Hmong funeral home, get rid of my pride and ask them to teach me, and even have them drag me to thank the people who offer donations or gift to the family.  ( That's how I learn, I got rid of my upscale pride ( having a prestige job, going to a well known university, received a good as.s good, making good as.s money, having bbq every weekend with friends and family but no shiat about my Hmong tradition) and now just beginning to understand the tradition, I know it'll be a long long way, but at least I admit my defeat).w

--- End quote ---

I was in the same situation until my dad passed away and I can't no longer be a stand-by smart ass any more so I google for a version and I spent a week recite it over and over until I felt comfortable with.  The first time is tough, but after a few times I even managed to modify the verse to go with the person I offer the thank to.  IF the person is young and don't know much either then I shortened the verse and if the person is older and better with his own re-verse then I go slow.

Cali Guy:
Someone organize this: from both perspectives(giver and receiver) and also white version and green version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version