Advertisement

Author Topic: Where and how can I learn to develop iphone apps?  (Read 1921 times)

Vinncent

Where and how can I learn to develop iphone apps?
« on: August 16, 2010, 06:27:57 PM »
I have some ideas just need to get started in the right direction. I am also a proud owner of 3g,3gs and 4g.  O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

jbutton

Re: Where and how can I learn to develop iphone apps?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 07:56:58 PM »
I have some ideas just need to get started in the right direction. I am also a proud owner of 3g,3gs and 4g.  O0

Buy a book or google for some tutorial.  Youtube might have some videos.

jetter

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 09:34:36 AM »
1) You need to own some sort of Mac computer with a legit OSX ( requirements for being a dev etc)
2) You need an iphone for real testing after virtual testing

That's about it from my research.  Hope this helps a bit.

N`Chync

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 04:51:48 PM »
U don't need a Mac. People on Windows create iPhone apps all the time. For a lot of iPhone owners the iPhone is the only Apple product they have. For App Store apps u do need the SDK which is Mac OS only or u can use virtual machines. Also Dragonfire SDK is the Windows version. Ape charges u $100 to be a developer but u get 70 % of profits. Want more freedom in making ur apps then u can release them in Cydia instead. Cydia is the jailbreak store and just like App Store u have ur paid stuff and u have ur free stuff. Qik video streaming use to be in cydia before Apple approved them. Cydia u can also release tweaks, themes, and anything u can think of. They have things like Wii sync where u can sync ur iPhone to iTunes wirelessly and notified pro which gives users better notifications like in WebOS and Android OS.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 04:53:46 PM by N`Chync »

jetter

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 05:44:06 PM »
hmm... my mistake but after reading the requirements to download the sdk and to even post your work on itunes, you need a mac.  I guess I missread somewhere, cool .. I guess now you do not need a mac.

jetter

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 10:13:52 AM »
i looked into this and it is hard to dev iphone, ipad apps in windows it is possible but a pain in the a$$ to setup and even once you set up your dev env, you will have to reset things if the sdk is updated.

Qau

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 07:26:41 PM »

For starter, apply to a college. ;)

Advertisements