Advertisement

Author Topic: PC or Mac?  (Read 47108 times)

Offline ymmot

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
Re: PC or Mac?
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2010, 03:19:36 PM »
I've got a PC that's dual booting windows 7 and OSX.. Does that make my computer a PC/MAC?   :D

I'm sure a mac can do just likely the same, but mine has just about the same specs if not better than some macs and didn't cost me an extra 1k. The only difference I can really see is that a Mac has a sleekier design and is more attractive to the eye... but that's not enough to make me want to pay a few extra grand for.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

jbutton

« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »
I've got a PC that's dual booting windows 7 and OSX.. Does that make my computer a PC/MAC?   :D

I'm sure a mac can do just likely the same, but mine has just about the same specs if not better than some macs and didn't cost me an extra 1k. The only difference I can really see is that a Mac has a sleekier design and is more attractive to the eye... but that's not enough to make me want to pay a few extra grand for.

Yes, it's all about look.  Who wants an ugly laptop?

jetter

« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2010, 05:15:50 PM »

What's your make and model and what version of osx86 are you running?  I have Kaly 10.5.1 on my 700m; not dual-booting or anything, everything works except for my resolution.

jbutton

« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2010, 10:21:44 AM »
What's your make and model and what version of osx86 are you running?  I have Kaly 10.5.1 on my 700m; not dual-booting or anything, everything works except for my resolution.

video card driver issue?

jbutton

« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2010, 08:17:46 PM »
And here I thought you were an engineer or scientist.  Opps...you must be artsy fartsy.

Not sure why you feel engineers and scientists lack creativity and appreciation for beautiful things.   I thought scientists always preach about making things beautiful and simple.

obscurity

« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2010, 08:48:27 PM »
Yes, it's all about look.  Who wants an ugly laptop?

The elegance and style of a mac is very important to mac users as much as every other aspect of their life

:2funny:

jbutton

« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2010, 09:25:21 PM »
Thanks for the laugh.  Perhaps, they spent too much money on the ipad and have no money left for the stand or the dock.

N`Chync

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2010, 12:30:43 PM »
Guess this is more productive for Windows

zena

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2010, 07:33:27 PM »
Personal preference aside, I think it's imperative to know how to work both in today's world.

I agree.

All the jobs I've ever had, using computers, were  with PCs and they were fine.  I've been using a macbook for over 4 years now (the same one) to do everything and it has worked great.  It is still fast.  I know it's personal preference, and  I prefer MACs because it does what I need and I don't have to worry about buying parts, running the virus scan weekly, purchasing an updated virus scan software every year, defragging, etc.    MACs are not the greatest thing in the world (I've had my share of problems) but for people who don't like to mess with parts or installing this and that, etc, it's a good investment.  

obscurity

« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2010, 02:13:49 AM »
.....i've never had to scan my pc for viruses weekly or defragg weekly etc..... :idiot2:

but yes it is personal preference, it isn't so much that people think macs are bad, its that a lot of people think they're overprice when compared to the pc counterpart

zena

« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2010, 11:38:00 PM »
LOL!  Ok...well that's what I seem to remember most about PC's.  At work too...maybe our IT peeps were retards. 

obscurity

« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2011, 05:15:40 PM »

werty

« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2011, 09:17:45 AM »
i think macs are overrated..... ... and i've been told by mac users that macs are only for rich ppl... i had to hold back myself from saying "who's living at home with their parents?" and to another "wait... who works at best buy?"

losers..

N`Chync

« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2011, 08:53:18 PM »
This topic is worthless. Both have their values.  if the topic was civics vs s2000 maybe I be able to understand since civics seem so common like PCs and according to arguments here would be doing what Macs and s2000's so but cheaper.

obscurity

« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2011, 01:45:05 AM »
This topic is worthless. Both have their values.  if the topic was civics vs s2000 maybe I be able to understand since civics seem so common like PCs and according to arguments here would be doing what Macs and s2000's so but cheaper.

that anology wouldn't work.  the real anology would be stock civic A vs a stock civic B with a s2000 shell over it.  same internals and everything, same performance and everything you just pay a shit load more for the s2000.  but you're not allowed to tune the stock civic B with a s2000 shell on, vs the other stock civic A that can be tuned with different parts, shells etc and so on to make it run better/faster etc.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 01:47:04 AM by obscurity »

Advertisements