Advertisement

Author Topic: PC or Mac?  (Read 46760 times)

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
Re: PC or Mac?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 09:49:51 PM »
I've gotten into this debate about PC vs MAC many times even in the Apple store and almost every answers the Apple users gave me were bull.... I remember putting the reps at the APPLE store in check while customers were around too..  :2funny: :2funny:

Like this post: 0
Never risk your life for those who will not do the same...

Adverstisement

evil-in-deed

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 09:51:28 PM »
FAIL!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

really?...

care to explain your views?...

thats just what i was taught from my computer business professors... so if you can top them and give me a better experienced reason then id like to hear it...

evil-in-deed

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 09:53:06 PM »
I've gotten into this debate about PC vs MAC many times even in the Apple store and almost every answers the Apple users gave me were bull.... I remember putting the reps at the APPLE store in check while customers were around too..  :2funny: :2funny:

maybe you can explain why more business that have to deal with computers go with mac instead of pc...

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 10:01:57 PM »
really?...

care to explain your views?...

thats just what i was taught from my computer business professors... so if you can top them and give me a better experienced reason then id like to hear it...

your professors need to take some advanced computer tech courses then...  To tell others Apple Macs are more advanced high tech/stricter is completely bull. You do know Macs uses a PC CPU vs the old G series CPU right? Yeah, Macs uses Intel CPUs and INTEL = PC CPU so in short, MACs are not more advanced. APPLE has brainwashed so many people(AKA average users) that Apple MACs are the professional level for the professionals. I can give a ton of reasons why a PC will run circles around a MAC any day of the week, but i don't have time tonight. The price is the first......

Here is something quick for you. Do you know why MACS barely get any viruses/spywares and such? Well yeah, if MACs were as popular as PCs(Windows OS), it would be getting viruses left and right. Virus/spywares wouldn't accomplish much if they wrote viruses/spywares for an OS that so few people actually use.

Linux OS gets less viruses/spywares, if any, vs windows OS because of the same reason stated above. Is it more secured? i doubt it.

google........ plenty of answers for you..

evil-in-deed

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 10:09:07 PM »
your professors need to take some advanced computer tech courses then...  To tell others Apple Macs are more advanced high tech/stricter is completely bull. You do know Macs uses a PC CPU vs the old G series CPU right? Yeah, Macs uses Intel CPUs and INTEL = PC CPU so in short, MACs are not more advanced. APPLE has brainwashed so many people(AKA average users) that Apple MACs are the professional level for the professionals. I can give a ton of reasons why a PC will run circles around a MAC any day of the week, but i don't have time tonight. The price is the first......

Here is something quick for you. Do you know why MACS barely get any viruses/spywares and such? Well yeah, if MACs were as popular as PCs(Windows OS), it would be getting viruses left and right. Virus/spywares wouldn't accomplish much if they wrote viruses/spywares for an OS that so few people actually use.

Linux OS gets less viruses/spywares, if any, vs windows OS because of the same reason stated above. Is it more secured? i doubt it.

google........ plenty of answers for you..

that still doesnt explain why business would weather go mac than pc... of course an average user would go pc than mac... i already explained it...

give your reasons when you have time... this is a form... no need to rush...

(go google... plenty of answers for you too that macs are better in some areas and pcs are better on some areas...)

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 10:11:39 PM »
maybe you can explain why more business that have to deal with computers go with mac instead of pc...

From experience speaking with some professionals who uses MACs for multimedia purposes, they're just users...  Those people are still behind... The phrase, "MACS are better for multimedia" WAS true back around when i still run a 333mhz Intel Celeron CPU in my PC.. :'(   I won't list all the reasons, but a few reasons why some people still think MACs are better than PCS are:

-APPLE has brainwashed them. They've never done any real time benchmarks.
-APPLE loyal fans
-They are just users and doesn't know anymore than what's in front of the screen..

Amazingly, the engineers at my workplace all use PC's for their 3D Cad + other 3D drawing programs. I can tell the head IT manager knows his shiet and always up to date..

evil-in-deed

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 10:14:44 PM »
From experience speaking with some professionals who uses MACs for multimedia purposes, they're just users...  Those people are still behind... The phrase, "MACS are better for multimedia" WAS true back around when i still run a 333mhz Intel Celeron CPU in my PC.. :'(   I won't list all the reasons, but a few reasons why some people still think MACs are better than PCS are:

-APPLE has brainwashed them. They've never done any real time benchmarks.
-APPLE loyal fans
-They are just users and doesn't know anymore than what's in front of the screen..

Amazingly, the engineers at my workplace all use PC's for their 3D Cad + other 3D drawing programs. I can tell the head IT manager knows his shiet and always up to date..

have you asked them why they go pc instead of mac?...

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 10:25:56 PM »
have you asked them why they go pc instead of mac?...

same bull reason as the reps at the APPLE store told me. MACs are just faster (faster? no!)  and more productive (true to a certain extent since less prune? (spelling?) to viruses and such = less clean up), but that's about it. Companies who aren't quite up to date still believe MACs are the preferred choice. IF you look closely at the overall picture, PCs (may not always have a Window OS, but still a PC) are still more widely used especially when it comes to networking. There is not a single MAC in my workplace.

oh great...i always tell myself to stay out of this.. Hang around some computer forums and read around and while you will hear from both sides, you will understand where i am coming from. Oh yeah, did i mentioned that many companies who uses MACS actually have windows OS installed too? Yes you can use windows in a MAC with the right setup and software. Not even sure if it's possible, but i have never used the MAC OS in my PC setups before nor knew anyone who did..

« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 10:28:54 PM by Soulless »

evil-in-deed

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2010, 10:28:17 PM »
same bull reason as the reps at the APPLE store told me. MACs are just faster (faster? no!)  and more productive (true to a certain extent since less prune to viruses and such = less clean up), but that's about it. Companies who aren't quite up to date still believe MACs are the preferred choice. IF you look closely at the overall picture, PCs (may not always have a Window OS, but still a PC) are still more widely used especially when it comes to networking. There is not a single MAC in my workplace.

oh great...i always tell myself to stay out of this.. Hang around some computer forums and read around and while you will hear from both sides, you will understand where i am coming from. Oh yeah, did i mentioned that many companies who uses MACS actually have windows OS installed too? Yes you can use windows in a MAC with the right setup and software. Not even sure if it's possible, but i have never used the MAC OS in my PC setups before nor knew anyone who did..

so thats what your company told you when you asked them?...

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 10:30:37 PM »
so thats what your company told you when you asked them?...

hahaha oops. got so caught up, thought u asked, "why mac over pc.." ...  :2funny: the response above i gave you was referring to why companies chose macs over pc... not pc over macs.. i had to re-read your question..  ;D ;D :2funny: :2funny:

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 10:31:35 PM »

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 10:32:58 PM »
to answer your question, i never asked my company IT manager why he chose PCs over MACs because he would probably think i am a dumb@ss and he knows I'm a geek too.. Why ask when I already know the answers ?? kind of dumb, eh?

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2010, 10:35:12 PM »

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 10:36:30 PM »
:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
that was the kind of brainwash u were talking about right haha

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2010, 10:41:59 PM »
anyways, gotta go play some games... choose what's best for you and what you think it's best... personally, I'd got for a PC. Yes, i've used MACS many times over and over before. With a PC, there are plenty and plenty of more parts for it.... cost less and does the same as a MAC and more in most cases.

check out www.newegg.com Mostly PC parts, right? yeah. I must admit though. The only reason I bought an Iphone a while ago was due to it's awesome look. Sold it a month later. I do give props to Apple for making such awesome designs though which most Apple users are attracted to.

Advertisements