Advertisement

Author Topic: PC or Mac?  (Read 46757 times)

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
Re: PC or Mac?
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010, 10:44:55 PM »
good luck and tell me  what APPLE will charge you to replace/repair the "Apple only hardwares" when they do FAIL because you couldn't find those parts in your usual PC/computer hardware sites/stores.

Like this post: 0
Never risk your life for those who will not do the same...

Adverstisement

evil-in-deed

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 11:11:48 PM »
to answer your question, i never asked my company IT manager why he chose PCs over MACs because he would probably think i am a dumb@ss and he knows I'm a geek too.. Why ask when I already know the answers ?? kind of dumb, eh?

itd be wiser to ask... just going along with it because others do it is not smart... but it seems you also do your own research too... i just hope you do it for both sides before you come to a conclusion...

its never dumb to ask... (besides repeated asking of the same question to the same person in not enough time frame in between...)

anyways, gotta go play some games... choose what's best for you and what you think it's best... personally, I'd got for a PC. Yes, i've used MACS many times over and over before. With a PC, there are plenty and plenty of more parts for it.... cost less and does the same as a MAC and more in most cases.

check out www.newegg.com Mostly PC parts, right? yeah. I must admit though. The only reason I bought an Iphone a while ago was due to it's awesome look. Sold it a month later. I do give props to Apple for making such awesome designs though which most Apple users are attracted to.

personally id go for a pc too for an everyday use... but if i ever do any computer base business, ill consider mac more so than pc...

and the personal experience i was told from my professors were that when they designed a program... they sent it to mac and mac gave them a 2 inch thick booklet full of standers they have to meet and privacy contracts they had to sign with an over all expensive licensing price which was going to take lots of time to get it all done... so they said fawk it and went to pc... and pc charged them less and handed them a small booklet of standers... but they didnt even fill out the booklet nor sent it in and they already got approved... just goes to show the strictness of pc and mac from experience...

good luck and tell me  what APPLE will charge you to replace/repair the "Apple only hardwares" when they do FAIL because you couldn't find those parts in your usual PC/computer hardware sites/stores.

like i said... peoples computer... average user... (dont mistaken it for average minded users...)

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 11:49:36 PM »
actually PC stands for "personal computer". look it up if you don't believe me. A mac is essentially a PC if you asked me since it's base core program or whatever you call is is basically linux. Type in a couple linux commands in a MAC and it will work. Someone correct me if i am wrong, but i am sure ....

here is a link which listed MACS > PCs
http://www.brighthub.com/computing/mac-platform/articles/61625.aspx

read some of the user comments.

prima_donna

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2010, 05:00:50 AM »
My aunt used to own a dinosaur apple/IBM computer. I remember those annoying drop-list window tabs. Im gald mactinosh diverge from those slow ass window features.

If I could remember MAC doesnt have those shortcut keys. Like the alt +c/ alt +p...etc..

Ill stick to what Im already use to and thats PC.

7s87

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 07:23:10 AM »
Please, what kinda of question is this? Mac for sure! Didn't you know, Macs are magical and revolutionary!?!  ::)

jbutton

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 07:47:43 AM »
1. Do you prefer PC or Mac? 
2. Are you good with PC AND Mac?

Macs are cute but they costs so much.

You can install Windows on mac using bootcamp.  You then can run your favorite games on it.

I have Mac OS X, Windows 7, and Linux on this Macbook Pro.  It was given to me.

obscurity

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 07:54:48 PM »

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:58:24 PM by obscurity »

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2010, 08:20:17 PM »
obscurity,

love that picture O0 O0

obscurity

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2010, 09:17:57 PM »

N`Chync

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2010, 06:40:06 PM »
The "Global Market Share Statistics" study showed that browsers powered by Windows, with all versions accounting for 91.34 percent. The second-place holder, Mac OS X, declined somewhat to an even 5.00 percent, less than any variant of Windows, with Windows 7 at 15.87 percent, Vista at 14 percent and the venerable XP still holding strong at 60.89 percent. iOS made up 1.13 percent of the total last month, edging all flavors of Linux - the former number three - which accounted for only 0.85 percent and blowing away Android-based browsers which had just a 0.2 percent share.

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2010, 10:03:12 PM »
maybe you can explain why more business that have to deal with computers go with mac instead of pc...

Dude what companies are you referring to besides Apple?  I've been at large cap, medium cap, and start up companies and they are ALL PCs.  Every job I have interviewed for in the bay area has requested for PC experience.... no one cares about Macs.

The only people at my company that use Macs are the graphic designers, but I think PCs can easily do the same job.

Sorry dude, the business world is powered by PCs...it delivers more than enough computing power at a fraction of the cost of Macs.

PC - Business
Macs - Toys

fabio

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2010, 10:57:34 PM »
all design firms uses mac.  :)

i have a mac and i love my mac laptop. my friend buys a new PC laptop every year.

evil-in-deed

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »
Dude what companies are you referring to besides Apple?  I've been at large cap, medium cap, and start up companies and they are ALL PCs.  Every job I have interviewed for in the bay area has requested for PC experience.... no one cares about Macs.

The only people at my company that use Macs are the graphic designers, but I think PCs can easily do the same job.

Sorry dude, the business world is powered by PCs...it delivers more than enough computing power at a fraction of the cost of Macs.

PC - Business
Macs - Toys

i can understand why companies would go pc than mac because theyre cheaper and more people would buy pc for the same reason which in turn companies would prefer pc experience users...

but the question was... "business that have to deal with computers"... not "business that uses computers"... maybe i wasnt clear enough?...

so can you ask those companies why they go pc instead of mac?...

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 01:24:57 AM »
i can understand why companies would go pc than mac because theyre cheaper and more people would buy pc for the same reason which in turn companies would prefer pc experience users...

but the question was... "business that have to deal with computers"... not "business that uses computers"... maybe i wasnt clear enough?...

so can you ask those companies why they go pc instead of mac?...

Give me examples of companies/businesses that prefer to "deal" with macs.  And deal in what ways?  Like, maintaining, servcing, selling? "Deal" is such a vague word...be more precise.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:26:47 AM by Evil_K_Man »

koumoua

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2010, 10:49:35 AM »
i like mac because that's all i have ever used.... i learnt my designing on a mac, my work place uses macs.... so it made sense to get a mac.

one time, i used my bro's sony laptop and couldn't figure out how to create a new folder on the desktop so i could save some fotos in there.... it took me 15 minutes to figure out and i have since forgotten how.

also, when i'm at a coffee shop eating a crepe and drinking perrier because i don't drink coffee, and i pull out my macbook pro, all the chicks want to jump my bones. and even some guys too.

Advertisements