Advertisement

Author Topic: PC or Mac?  (Read 47427 times)

jbutton

Re: PC or Mac?
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2010, 11:07:50 AM »
The "Global Market Share Statistics" study showed that browsers powered by Windows, with all versions accounting for 91.34 percent. The second-place holder, Mac OS X, declined somewhat to an even 5.00 percent, less than any variant of Windows, with Windows 7 at 15.87 percent, Vista at 14 percent and the venerable XP still holding strong at 60.89 percent. iOS made up 1.13 percent of the total last month, edging all flavors of Linux - the former number three - which accounted for only 0.85 percent and blowing away Android-based browsers which had just a 0.2 percent share.

What is your point?  More is better? 

More collora on the road means collora are better?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

ztommyx

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2010, 11:09:39 AM »
i've used both PC (Piece of Crap) and MAC's

PC at home and MAC at work (for design work)

my choice: MAC > PC

someone in here needs to go to a MAC store.
put a fast MAC against a fast PC and i will guarantee the PC will lose.

then again, i'm just a user  :)

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2010, 12:11:32 PM »

put a fast MAC against a fast PC and i will guarantee the PC will lose.

Care to place a bet?

ztommyx

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2010, 02:08:08 PM »
^^ yes.

my slow iMAC at work get to desktop in about 10 sec  O0

Rockstargenes

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2010, 04:58:06 PM »
1. Do you prefer PC or Mac? 
2. Are you good with PC AND Mac?

I wouldn't mind having Both just for the hell of it. 

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »
^^ yes.

my slow iMAC at work get to desktop in about 10 sec  O0

Oh...lol, I thought you wanted to do benchmarks...l ike futuremark, 3dmark, GPU/CPU, temp, calculations, FPS and other stuff like that.

If you are talking about loading to the desktop only.  My computer does it in about the same time, assuming skip the log in.  But that is more Windows vs Snowleopard (or whatever Mac OS you are using).

I thought you meant PC vs Mac overall...not just the operating system.

f.u.too

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2010, 01:52:58 AM »
PC over Mac any day.
I was an employee of Apple during the transition stage over to Intel. The reason Apple switch from the IBM G5 processor was lack of speed and heat issue(even IBM dont ship machine with their processor). They were not able to come up with a new processor to meet the demand for speed and applications that PC had.
They gave up on their processor and switch over. The new mac you use today have the exact same component as a PC, but at a higher price tag. As far as operating system goes, Mac OS is just another version of Unix with the added support. The new OS is also built around the Intel architecture, so yes you can hack the Mac OS into a PC and vice versa.
I can get a PC install Linux and claim that PC dont have virus.
People always get the ideas that Mac dont have virus. Well like someone stated before, not enough user for hacker to care about.
The same deal with web browser.
Even though i work for Apple I still love my PC.
When you want to upgrade you can just add what ever you want to it.
Need a new video card, pop old one out and add new one in.
Mac make look nice and if you have the money to blow on a Mac go for it.
In the End their all the same on the inside "MADE IN CHINA".

« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:57:43 AM by f.u.too »

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2010, 10:48:23 AM »
I like my Mac.  I've been running Winblows OS for so many years and it's taught me one thing: Microsoft makes a garbage operating system.  Hardware is always the same from computer to computer but I learned something interesting about the Mac PC (that's PERSONAL COMPUTER), they're pretty durable.  I've squashed it and even dropped it; turned it on and boom--fired right up.  Drop a Dell, Acer, Gateway or HP and you better hope that at least the HDD will be salvagable after that mishap. 

IF you want a robust operating system, I think you should explore a Unix; same thing MacOSX is built on; at least Linux Mandrake or RedHat.  Or better yet, Ubuntu.  Why not?  It's free.  I don't quite understand this debate of PC vs. Mac.  It should be more like: MacOS/Unix vs. Winblows.  There are Unix based drafting software out there; you're not always confined to AutoCAD/Microstation or CAD/CAM.  Same with word processing and spreadsheets. 

It's true that Apple PC's have been using Intel chips but it was more a marketing strategy to migrate people or my belief (cause people to refuge away from Winblows).  Just a way to wean people off of that godforsaken microsoft garbage.  If the learning curve of the MacOS gets too overwelming for some people who are SOOOO pro-Winblows (like soulless), they can simply switch back by bootcamp. 

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2010, 06:45:59 PM »
KE,

M$ owns the world because they are marketing genius.  Like Apple is today.  Apple will sell you a PC for 2x the price and paint it white.   :2funny:

Sure.  And, it's nice to afford such reliable junk...especia lly in a recession.   

obscurity

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2010, 12:24:48 PM »
Better than paying 2x for the same junk.

lol actually the pc you build yourself that cost less probably has better quality hardware then the stuff the mac comes with

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2010, 08:24:15 PM »
Better than paying 2x for the same junk.

Sure...

But I don't have to learn to fix over and over and over again. 

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2010, 10:16:42 PM »
this debate has been beaten to death and this is probably like the 100th times i've debated about this with people since who knows when..  :2funny: And yeah, it's exactly why the majority of users(all levels)+businesses still prefer PC's over MAC's any day of the week. /End of argument.  :2funny:

Never risk your life for those who will not do the same...

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2010, 10:20:10 PM »
I like my Mac.  I've been running Winblows OS for so many years and it's taught me one thing: Microsoft makes a garbage operating system.  Hardware is always the same from computer to computer but I learned something interesting about the Mac PC (that's PERSONAL COMPUTER), they're pretty durable.  I've squashed it and even dropped it; turned it on and boom--fired right up.  Drop a Dell, Acer, Gateway or HP and you better hope that at least the HDD will be salvagable after that mishap.  

IF you want a robust operating system, I think you should explore a Unix; same thing MacOSX is built on; at least Linux Mandrake or RedHat.  Or better yet, Ubuntu.  Why not?  It's free.  I don't quite understand this debate of PC vs. Mac.  It should be more like: MacOS/Unix vs. Winblows.  There are Unix based drafting software out there; you're not always confined to AutoCAD/Microstation or CAD/CAM.  Same with word processing and spreadsheets.  

It's true that Apple PC's have been using Intel chips but it was more a marketing strategy to migrate people or my belief (cause people to refuge away from Winblows).  Just a way to wean people off of that godforsaken microsoft garbage.  If the learning curve of the MacOS gets too overwelming for some people who are SOOOO pro-Winblows (like soulless), they can simply switch back by bootcamp.  

It's okay to admit that a PC-windows OS is for the more advanced users who actually know what they're doing...OF course, when we don't fully understand something, we  think it's garbage. I'm not a Mac fan but never called it a piece of garbage.  O0 ;D I love it when Mac users tell me Windows sucks cuz it's more prone to viruses.. WEAK!  :2funny: I love it even more when those sales people in the Apple store would try to feed me a load of BS..  :2funny:

i'm not rich like you so i can't afford a MAC that cost 2-3times as much as a PC with the same specs  :2funny:  BTW, I know how to use a Mac too.  O0  I'm bored.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 10:35:00 PM by Soulless »

Never risk your life for those who will not do the same...

jbutton

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2010, 03:39:14 PM »
it doesn't matter what you use but
think different

tablets pc was not a new idea.. yet the ipads make tablets cool.
smart phone was not a new idea.  yet the iphone makes smart phone cool.
personal computer was not a new idea.. yet apple's laptops make having one a fashion.

obscurity

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2010, 05:57:42 PM »
Sure...

But I don't have to learn to fix over and over and over again. 

eh i rarely ever have to do that and on my pc  :idiot2:

i guess i'll have to post this again

Advertisements