Advertisement

Author Topic: kao kalia yang will be in Madison  (Read 15461 times)

fiery

Re: kao kalia yang will be in Madison
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 09:33:32 PM »
She has a nice voice.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

agentx

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 09:33:57 PM »
heard her speak at a family grad celebration- she rubbed the OGs wrong by saying that she normally charged 5grand for appearances and that she waved the fee for the event. that's where she is a bit full of herself.

fiery

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 09:36:45 PM »
heard her speak at a family grad celebration- she rubbed the OGs wrong by saying that she normally charged 5grand for appearances and that she waved the fee for the event. that's where she is a bit full of herself.

Wow, that is full of yourself.

:idiot2:

acuratl_guy

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 09:36:56 PM »

:2funny:....they shudda said, "you should pay us 5 grand if you want us to listen to you!" :2funny:

fuglyhottie

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 09:42:15 PM »
Much props to her only.

Melony

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 09:42:52 PM »
One thing I notice about Hmong people is that as soon as you get a little fame, the dollar sign starts flashing in front of your eyes.

fabio

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »
One thing I notice about Hmong people is that as soon as you get a little fame, the dollar sign starts flashing in front of your eyes.

that's the cost of fame not just hmong folks.

fuglyhottie

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »

One thing I notice about Hmong people is that instead of being positive and supportive...t hey'll critisize and attack those that have made a name for themselves about every little flaw too  ;D

Hmong people in general are a bunch of jealous haters  ;D  

Melony

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 09:54:01 PM »
fuglyhottie: I don't think that's true. I understand that we all need to be supportive to those that have succeeded or gotten far,  but those that did would also need to understand that Hmong people are slowly catching up and if we are promoting and wanting others to see us as an idol then we need to lower our pride and not think about making money off our own kind so much.

fuglyhottie

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 09:54:32 PM »
If that was your sister you'd be proud of her, for going to college and writing a book.
just very sad that hmong people can't stand to see another hmong person succeed so they bash  :-\

fuglyhottie

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 09:56:38 PM »

not i.   :D  I think it's wonderful what she's done and/or is still doing.  O0  Doesn't take too much to be some kind of author, but only after a million rejections to find a publisher who'd publish it  So kudos to her. 

Good for you  ;)

fuglyhottie

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 10:00:03 PM »
fuglyhottie: I don't think that's true. I understand that we all need to be supportive to those that have succeeded or gotten far,  but those that did would also need to understand that Hmong people are slowly catching up and if we are promoting and wanting others to see us as an idol then we need to lower our pride and not think about making money off our own kind so much.

of course, even the educated should learn to be more humble and meek.

fabio

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 10:00:19 PM »
One thing I notice about Hmong people is that instead of being positive and supportive...t hey'll critisize and attack those that have made a name for themselves about every little flaw too  ;D

Hmong people in general are a bunch of jealous haters  ;D  
i'm all about support. i think it's really great. she seems really humble about all the success that she's garner too.

fuglyhottie

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 10:05:54 PM »
i'm all about support. i think it's really great. she seems really humble about all the success that she's garner too.

well she may have presented herself in a humble tone when you heard her speak so you have a good perception of her only, but who really knows...those that claimed she is conceited and full of herself...can't agree with them yet until I see her act that way for myself  ???

But from her youtube videos she seems very eloquent, soft spoken and unpretentious.

fabio

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »
well she may have presented herself in a humble tone when you heard her speak so you have a good perception of her only, but who really knows...those that claimed she is conceited and full of herself...can't agree with them yet until I see her act that way for myself  ???

But from her youtube videos she seems very eloquent, soft spoken and unpretentious.

i mean seriously, we should really use common sense. do you really think she would go up on stage and say, "i normally charge 5k for this talk but because you guys are hmong and family, it's on the house." ? LOL

Advertisements