Advertisement

Author Topic: One Thing About You, Everyday!  (Read 519645 times)

couchpotato

Re: One Thing About You, Everyday!
« Reply #540 on: February 27, 2012, 02:56:28 AM »
I was thinking to myself... I am one of those awesome people!

Of course you are.  :-*

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

AF-Wife

« Reply #541 on: February 27, 2012, 04:35:12 AM »
I burnt my belly last night while cooking dinner!  Second degree burns with bilsters, hoping it doesn't scar my stomach.   :'( 

couchpotato

« Reply #542 on: February 27, 2012, 04:53:42 AM »
I burnt my belly last night while cooking dinner!  Second degree burns with bilsters, hoping it doesn't scar my stomach.   :'( 

Aren't you due soon? Be careful!  :(

AF-Wife

« Reply #543 on: February 27, 2012, 05:04:31 AM »
Aren't you due soon? Be careful!  :(

I'm not use to my belly being so close to the stove and some really hot liquid flew onto my tank top while I was stirring.  I know I gotta be more careful. 

couchpotato

« Reply #544 on: February 28, 2012, 06:31:27 AM »
They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Sometimes I wonder if I was born the wrong gender. A man can easily sneak into my heart through my stomach.  :D

couchpotato

« Reply #545 on: February 29, 2012, 01:06:11 PM »
Yes. Different people are vegan for different reasons. Someone who is vegan just for health is different from someone who is vegan for compassionate/ethical issues. One vegan can be on a whole foods plant based diet while another can be on a vegan processed food diet. If you want a more apt analogy, I could say all meat eaters are murderers and rapers. Are you saying there is no truth in what I pointed out?

Likewise. It would be a boring world if we all think alike, wouldn't it?

Interesting that your bring this topic up in this thread when the truth I was referring to was your chart.  :D ;D

For some reason you seem to be under the impression that I have some sort of vendetta against vegans.

If you want to call meat eaters rapers and murderers, by all means do so. It doesn't bother me. I'm not going to go on a campaign to try and convert vegans/vegetarians to become meat eaters. 

As for the bolded statement,

Someone who is resistant to change or the idea of changing doesn't fair well with me anyway.

Just because someone doesn't want to change doesn't make them wrong. :)

couchpotato

« Reply #546 on: March 02, 2012, 10:18:20 AM »
I'm sorry. I should've explained it better. I know you were referring to the chart, so was I. What I failed to say was that just because some vegans eat the "vegan version" of a particular food does not equate to all vegans eating that same "vegan version" dish as all vegans have their own story to tell for why they are so.
I don't. I apologize if it seems that way.
I was using that analogy as a reference to your comment regarding that there is no truth in what you pointed out. That is, it is equally harmful and ludicrous of me to qualify all meat eaters as rapers and murderers just as much as meat eaters trying to find a flaw in the vegan philosophy with tactics that avoids the issue: suffering. 

Having said that, I don't believe in the word convert. Converting implies that I have some evangelical agenda. Converting implies that the person I'm speaking with have no free will to make his/her own choices. I don't believe in the word convert. I believe in sowing seeds.
I have no need to be right or wrong. The change I speak of is the change that opposes staleness. I am not trying to advocate or impose my morality or ethics on you. It is your responsibility to live according to your truth, whatever that may be. My side is simply the side of the voiceless --the animals.

We will have to agree to disagree.

You might not think you are trying to "convert" others to become vegans/vegetarians, but your comments imply otherwise.

By stating "Someone who is resistant to change or the idea of changing doesn't fair well with me anyway." you insinuate that there is something wrong with their mentality. Just because someone makes a conscious decision not to change, it does not equate to them being resistant to change.

I have never stated or implied it was wrong to be a vegetarian or vegan. In fact, I stated in your other thread that while I can respect those who can do it, I choose not to.

FYI- I have know plenty of vegetarians/vegans. I know they all have their own reasons for choosing that lifestyle. I have also seen how difficult and expensive it can be for them at times to maintain that lifestyle. :)

But enough of this talk.

Everyone should have something they feel passionate about. Good luck to you on yours! :)

couchpotato

« Reply #547 on: March 03, 2012, 07:20:45 AM »
I despise taking medicine, especially pills.  :-\

Traveler

« Reply #548 on: March 12, 2012, 11:41:54 PM »
Dropped out of college to make $48,000 - $72,000 a year. Depends if I'm feeling lazy or not.

NkaujNom

« Reply #549 on: March 15, 2012, 03:03:21 PM »
I hate to admit it... but I'm a total wreck! Gone chasin' the sunshine.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #550 on: March 15, 2012, 03:05:25 PM »
I despise taking medicine, especially pills.  :-\

x2

Hope you feel better soon.

---

I feel like baking something sweet.

couchpotato

« Reply #551 on: March 16, 2012, 09:30:46 AM »
x2

Hope you feel better soon.

---

I feel like baking something sweet.

Thanks Peachy.

I love to bake and really miss having a full sized oven to bake with.

couchpotato

« Reply #552 on: March 16, 2012, 09:31:21 AM »
Sometimes I want to run away and just be alone.  :-X

Suab Yawm

« Reply #553 on: March 16, 2012, 02:59:42 PM »
I like carrot juice.

couchpotato