Advertisement

Author Topic: luvly....is she really?  (Read 226498 times)

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
Re: luvly....is she really?
« Reply #900 on: August 17, 2014, 01:50:58 PM »
feels great to be done with my summer classes!  I know our grades won't be posted for a while--but I really hope my professor goes back to see what I submitted.  I have a feeling I have to remind him. 

i didn't do much in celebrating my bday yesterday. the night before some of the girls got into town too late so my dinner plans with the other bday girls got scratched since they couldn't do a late dinner.  i ended up meeting with the other girls....we had a nice time, a shot or two....but they were so tired after the long drive, food, and the killer shots that they just ended up going to another friends' house and KOed.  At least they took some time out to stop by and celebrate a bit with me since I knew they have a busy weekend.  i had planned to hopefully grill at the house yesterday but my brother told me late the night before that we didn't have the grill anymore.  So again, that got botched.  So I ended up spending the day by myself...went to the stores...didn't really shop considering that I'd be going out to Philly anyway.  It was a chill day--I kind of needed that.  My brother ended up texting that we'd grill at a friends house instead so we ended up going there.  Burgers, brats, steak, watermelon.... beer and shots all around.  Surprisingly I didn't get wasted.  LOL  My brother actually kept telling ppl to give me more alcohol bc I was the bday girl and I was still not trashed.  Gee, thanks bro.

The best gift last night....we had a lot of heavy and deep conversations last night with various friends--catching up with their families and whatnot.  I know my bro luvs me and has my back but last night I really got to see and hear that he truly does have my back.  I told him about an incident (or several) btwn someone and myself.  this someone is rather close to my bro so I never bothered to tell him bc I didn't want to upset him nor cause conflict or tension.  But bc we were on the topic, I mentioned it to him and he was rather surprised.  At one point he had explanation but he basically said, "you're my sister and I luv you.  What so-and-so did was wrong.  Don't take it to heart and don't ever think that I think that way about you too.  Unless you hear otherwise from me, never think that about yourself and never take what others say to heart.  They don't know what they are talking about.  OK?"  That was good to hear.  I luv my brother.  He may be the youngest (well, younger bro...) but he surely is man of the house and takes care of everyone.  Sometimes I feel bad bc though I may be older....due to cultural constraints, he will always be the man in charge and the one with all the responsibility .  Though I'm not half of what he is...I always try to help him (so he doesn't carry the burden alone).

Like this post: 0
可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Adverstisement

MSV

« Reply #901 on: August 18, 2014, 09:55:03 PM »
Awwww. I admire the relationship you have with your brother. I wish I could have stronger bonds with mines but it's so hard when they don't talk much with us girls. :(

Happy belated birthday too!

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 19, 2014, 10:48:39 AM »
Awwww. I admire the relationship you have with your brother. I wish I could have stronger bonds with mines but it's so hard when they don't talk much with us girls. :(

Happy belated birthday too!
Thank you very much MSV. 

Growing up I was rather close to both of my brothers.  (Both are a year either older or younger than I.)  Btwn the 2, I am closer to my younger bro.  Growing up, it was just my dad and my brothers and I (my mom was in the picture but I was daddy's lil girl and so I followed the boys everywhere and wanted to do everything they were doing).  I was kind of a tomboy--a girly one.  I played in the dirt with the boys and worms don't scare me....fishing is cool but I also like my lil ponies, barbies, and the lil girl makeup sets and cinderella was so beautiful.  This was carried out for most of my life when it came to friendships as well.  I'd have 1-2 close gfs but most of my friends were guys.  From middle school until now most of the guy friends in my life are mutual friends with my (younger) brother.  My younger bro and I were so close (and hung out so much) that some ppl used to think we were either twins or dating. Ewww!

My sister and I had a different relationship.  You'd figure with just the one sister that we'd be close but we would fight like cats and dogs.  She was five younger than I so we simply weren't into the same things.  We didn't have the same friends nor were we ever in the same school together.  Any time she was entering a new stage I was making my way out.  However, this all changed not only now that we are older but also when she got married a moved away four years ago.  I think with time and distance we learn to see things differently and appreciate it all more.  Though we still don't see eye to eye....we have more respect for one another now and learned to be patient with each other.   

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:52:57 AM by luvlylisa »

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 09, 2014, 01:41:32 PM »
Visiting my sis out east was great!  I had a very nice time....relaxi ng indeed!  Got to go with my sis and BIL to their first ultrasound as well.  It was surreal but so exciting! 

Back to work...reality now--not to mention, back to school.  Just a week in.  I think this course will not be too hard but I feel the prof is not as relaxed as the others. 

I will post pic of my trip....eventu ally. :)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 11, 2014, 03:21:18 PM »
it's been about two years since i've heard from him and today out of no where he messages me on fb.  it's always fun talking to him....but i can never have a serious conversation with him.  we flirt a lot and sometimes it can get "steamy" and sexual.  however, that gets old.  (tis true.)  I've known him since junior or senior year in high school but we've never met and honestly, i don't know much about him.  oddly, i don't really know y he comes around....he doesn't get anything from me other than the usual, "hi.  how r u doing?  what's new?" conversation and we go about r days.  eh.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 15, 2014, 06:44:15 PM »
yay, more good news!  I just bought myself (a late bday present) a new car.  ok, an old new car but hey, it's still new to me.  LOL O0 technically this is not my first car.....i had a 81 toyota corona in high school but that one my uncle literally paid $400 for it (it might have been less).  this is my very first car purchase of my own.  talk about being an adult!  LOL over the weekend my bro and i was talking to my cousin (who is a sales rep at toyota) and we were only going to test drive it....guess the skies cleared up today for a reason.  LOL (It literally cleared up from the clouds and rain when we pulled up onto the lot.) 

it's not about being flashy....just about being practical.  i am now a proud owner of my lil 2006 phantom gray pearl toyota matrix (AWD).  O0  Just signed up for insurance.  Now we're just waiting for the plates to come in. 

luv my bro...he's been such great help with this process.  (He's the one who saw the car in the first place.)  Thanks bro!  Ur the best!  :)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 16, 2014, 11:17:02 AM »
Congrats on the car and sounds like you had fun with your sis...  O0

Sometimes, distance brings family closer then living together in the same zip code.
Hi Rockin!  Wow, ur a mod now? 8) O0

Thanks....alth ough  I can drive it, I'm waiting for my plates before I take real "ownership" of my car.  For now, it's sitting in the driveway. 

Yes, it was a relaxing trip and indeed distance makes things grow fonder (I feel especially w family).  This time when I saw her I didn't tear up at the airport.  The first time I went to visit, it was maybe two years or so since I last saw her (technically--even though we weren't that close that was the longest i've gone wo seeing my sister ever) after the wedding so when I got off the plane and met her on my way to baggage claim, i could feel my throat close up and my eyes start to steam up and I felt like choking.  I was feeling all sorts of emotions and it was off bc my sis and i have never been very affectionate with one another--i held back the tears but she ran to me and gave me a big hug.  I think, we both knew then that our relationship, though it was the best when we were young--or even a few years ago, had changed and we had a new found respect and luv for one another.  Sisterhood, yep.

Now I'm going to be an auntie and I'm uber excited!!! O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 16, 2014, 12:44:13 PM »
Congrats on the auntie.
Thanks!  Was attending to my sister most of the time when i was visiting her.  only 2 months and she was so tired and exhausted already....I don't know how she will handle her whole pregnancy but i guess that's for my BIL to figure out.  LOL

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 18, 2014, 11:21:52 AM »
finally!  my plates came in so i'm driving my lil beauty.

on another note....urgh, this class is totally driving me nuts.  (then again, everything is!)  I should be more concerned but i am at a point where i have too much right now and I just don't care.  it surely doesn't help when things are clear and no one seems to be getting any answers.  blah.  whatever.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 23, 2014, 06:15:05 PM »
this paper is literally killing me!  It's going to be a long night!

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 24, 2014, 12:54:47 AM »
who knows how late I'll be up tonight.  I'm at about five pages...I think with three more pages or so I should be able to get all that I need.  Let's hope so.  Oh...no, not hope.  I mean, shoot me for being optimistic.  I mean, I know three more pages will be the life of me.  There! Bwwahhahahahah ahahahhah!!!  :D :D :D :D 8)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 24, 2014, 03:54:54 AM »
urgh....finall y submitted my paper.  i'm at a point where this class is just not worth my time.  i know i should say nor think so but eh, i've more and bigger fish to fry right now than worry.  ::)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 13, 2014, 04:20:38 PM »
yeah, i've been bz.

just one more week and I'll finally be done with this ridiculous Leadership course.  It's a joke.  I have to revise my grant proposal and submit it as well as this last project which is due Thurs.  In all honesty, I just don't care for the class.  Sad to say...but I'm not really putting in effort as well.  ::)  Either way, I'm still at a 4.0 and in a sense I hope it stays that way...but seeing how this course has been...it may drop just a tad.  Luckily I'll enjoy my next class which starts next week--my diversity class.  I like my prof for that class too and I know we won't be left hanging.  Thank goodness.

The new car has been running fine.  Nothing wrong thus far, which is how it should be.

Work has been going ok.  Just going through the motions now.

Boy, I really need to get back into the gym...I can feel my body start to literally tie me down.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 14, 2014, 01:44:18 PM »
simply put.....life has been complicated and I'm trying to stay afloat. 

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 15, 2014, 10:28:09 PM »
Another paper.  ::)  I'm almost done but I keep finding myself distracted.  Just another hour and a half left before it's due.  I have about two pages left.  OK.  FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!!!!!!!!! 

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Advertisements