Advertisement

Author Topic: luvly....is she really?  (Read 224018 times)

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
Re: luvly....is she really?
« Reply #930 on: February 13, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
i can't believe this summer will be a year since i've been in grad school.  i just registered for my applied research class this summer n i'll be honest....i'm very nervous.  i've got summer camp and my research....ho w am i going to do it all?  sometimes, I really don't know how i do what i do....but i does get done.  *sigh*

still settling in at the new place.  i'm hoping to get my desk next week....most of my stuff is unpacked...mos t.  LOL

Like this post: 0
可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Adverstisement

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 01, 2015, 05:11:46 PM »
my room is coming along.  It's been a month since we've been here at the new place and it's starting to feel a lil more like 'home'.

i've been sick lately...colds keep coming n going.  urgh....conges ted and then not and then again.  so ready for winter to be over with.

finished my third semester...ok, it's not over yet but my two classes for this semester are now over with however, i have my last class for this spring starting tomorrow.  I don't even remember what....no, it's Legal Aspec of Student Affairs.  Sound like fun eh?  Yeah, I guess.  I already know my professor is cool but rather hard.  He also the Affirmative Action director.  It's also weird since we are colleagues but whatever.  Gotta get this school done with.  I start my research this summer and I'm more concerned about surviving that with my crazy summer camp schedule. 

speaking of school...i'm taking a break from writing this darn paper.  it's my last thing for this class and i've been procrastinatin g all weekend.  it's due at midnight tonight.  thank goodness i've already finished my project. 

anyway....yes, i'm still alive.  barely.  but alive.

still food logging as i am on my healthy new me journey.  lost a few months in the first month this second month i've not really lost much but i've at least been maintaining what i've lost so i can be proud of that.  one thing at a time and small steps.  i can't expect big change right away....i'll drive myself crazy with everything i've got going on right now. so let's do this right and the healthy way.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 20, 2015, 05:12:32 PM »
Yes, I'm still alive.

Still working......s till working on my health......st ill in school. 

Nothing new other than.......... .............. .............. as of yesterday evening I am officially an Auntie!   O0  :wav: :wav: :wav:

My sister ended having her baby boy a month early last night.  He's so cute!  (Then again, most babies are.)  I'm a very happy auntie and very proud of my baby sis and bil. 

....n lastly, yes...a month and a half later and I'm still unpacking.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 09, 2015, 05:05:39 PM »
the snow is finally gone....it's been raining all day today....but that's just to enable the green and bright colors of spring.

i've got darn research paper due tomorrow night and I've only started looking at my articles and sources.  luckily, it's just the draft but still...my prof wants most of my paper completed.  i've been procrastinatin g....i can't stand writing these things.......i dunno how i'm going to survive this summer having my applied research. blah!

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 23, 2015, 05:21:38 PM »
found out i got a scholarship for next school year.  i don't know which scholarship i got nor how much it is.  i have a feeling it's nothing big but it's better than nothing.

since our prof returned our research papers back to us late he extended the final draft to next week instead of this sun.  so you can guess how ecstatic i am about that.  i've not had time to work on it all week so i most def can use the xtra few days.

things with work haven't been hard but just disappointing as we are coordinating things for summer.  just a lil over a month and only half of our teachers r hired and half of r staff r hired.  it's frustrating and in the end....we have to work w what we have.  urgh, just stressful trying to solve a big puzzle when u don't have all the pieces.

i've been addicted to korean variety shows of a late and i can't get myself to stop watching them.  i literally watch at least three episodes a day!  i want to catch up to the most recent ones but i'm about a hundred and fifty episodes behind.  this has also put a fire under my but and i broke out with my korean books last week for the first time in over four years.  starting back at the beginning bc let's face it....i never really started anyway.  i've got han geul down for the main part but i'm still very rusty. 

speaking of which, i still need to get together my stuff for my chinese class this summer.  i will have three students this summer which is one more than last summer.  it should be a good summer as they are good kids.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 06, 2015, 07:07:43 PM »
Just another week left and then I start my research.  not to mention, finalizing things for summer camp.  I can't wait until after memorial weekend so I can have a few days or a week to myself....yes, that'll be great.

four months later and i finally unpacked my last box yesterday.

haven't worked out in a month or so now....but i'm getting back to my meal preps. 

LMAO yesterday i dunno how nyab did it but somehow the handle on the fridge broke as she opened it yesterday.  and of course like the clever mom she is, my mom took some white labeling tape and taped it back up.  LOL 

yep, that's life for me at the moment.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 14, 2015, 02:33:04 PM »
started my research class this week.  hello, note to profs!  please do not assign homework which requires students to interview staff or other profs the week of finals.  no one has time to meet with anyone.....so how am i going to get this stupid (1 page) paper done?  You can't reflect on interview responses if u don't have anyone available to interview.  doh! ::)

we haven't had luck hiring staff for this summer as well.  two potential residential staff pulled out and another two teachers decided not to commit to their positions not to mention what we were already short staffed.  urgh!  this is not starting off on a good foot at all.

it's been low-key around here though.  i'm broke as ever....and planning on paying some bills and giving my mom some spending money when she goes out to my sisters in a few weeks.  so until after memorial week i'm literally counting pennies. :(

On a good note....Hello Kitty Friends Festival is happening the weekend after memorial week in MLPS.  Duh, I'm going.  Can't wait!!! O0

Though we don't talk much nor do we see one another....... ..i do know what today is.  I wish you nothing but great success and complete happiness with u and ur family.  Have a happy bday D!  :occasion15: :occasion13: :occasion16: :occasion18:

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 04, 2015, 12:58:29 PM »
it's been crazy this week but i'm hitting pavement with all these things i've got to do at work.  let's keep it going!

heading out in a bit to take two of my students up north for frosh registration.  it is work but i do hope i'll enjoy my time with them.  sadly, these kids r growing and every year i have to say goodbye to a new group.

mom's leaving to my sister in two days.  it'll be nice for everyone. :D

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 22, 2015, 12:08:46 PM »
woke up to loud arse thunder!  i heard big arse "cah-tung-ba-boom" and for a minute i thought some big truck literally crashed into the huge dumpsters outside my window.....but nope, just thunder.  i rolled over and went back to sleep.

thankfully the rain is gone--for now.  yep, it's summer...can't u tell?  LOL

as like any summer....i've got my research class this summer and of course work....it's camp season.  the kids moved in last wednesday and today is the first full day of class. they did ok on their pre-test....i feel we'll be reviewing more than anything this week and maybe next week.

i don't even want to think about hw and school.  it's been a yr into this program and it's hard to think next year around this time i'll be done.  it's kind of scarey to think about actually.  when u get "mastership" i feel ppl expect something from u.  as if u need to be accomplished and intellectually stimulating or whatever. ::) please...siste r just trying to make a living. 

it's been forever....ok, technically maybe a year since i've been on a date or "met" someone.  surprisingly, a friend of mine messaged me last night asking about my "singleness".  long story short, she introduced me to someone who she said "reminded her of me" since we have similar sense of humor.  for now, it's simple "getting to know u".  interesting though....inte resting.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 26, 2015, 11:26:04 PM »
ggggrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So irritated!

and ppl wonder y i don't come home often.  ::) after a full week of graduate school, teaching my chinese class, and at camp w 40+ high school kids, and supervising 10 staff, i really don't want to come home to stupid sh|t.  the questions, the nagging, the lazy ppl who make me feel like i've done something wrong.  wtf mang!  i just got home and the last thing i need is more frustration!  stop....don't turn me into the bad guy and surely don't make me the fool.  i don't expect ppl to appreciate me nor luv me or like me....but plz have some respect for me.  family or not....if ur gonna be an arse....i've no time for u nor ur stupid attitude.  i do what i can and if u feel that's not enough tell it to my face.  i shouldn't have to feel like an outsider nor should i feel like I should be tip toeing around ppls "heart".  brotha plz. ::) cry me a river...RRRRR!!!! No. 8)

moving on...i'm so glad it's the weekend!  heard some relatives from Arkansas r on their way...haven't seen them in two years.  it's always nice to see them; they're the sweetest ppl ever!!!

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 27, 2015, 12:08:06 AM »
i'll b honest, it's always kind of odd when i c guests reading my posts in here.....grant ed, if i didn't want anyone "seeing" into my life...I shouldn't share.  but u ever wonder what ppl think or y ppl come and "look into" ur life?  eh, no big deal........it's for my sanity and i guess....for ur entertainment (in some way, shape, or form).

carry on. 8)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 04, 2015, 05:07:36 PM »
finally got my grp project done. 

spending my time off simply relaxing.  i've been watching nothing but variety shows and dolling myself up to only take some selfies.  no, i'm not that narcissistic but when a girl has good lighting and is bored n ur makeup is on point today....gotta take some selfies.  LOL

i guess i should head home now.  i don't know what "festivities" are awaiting at home...most likely there is nothing.  but it would be nice to sleep in my own bed for one night. 

yeah, nothing interesting here.  eh.  hope everyone is having a safe and fun j4.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 14, 2015, 03:39:31 PM »
hello.  i'm still alive.  summer literally went by too fast.  though i have a little less than a month left i can finally start MY summer this weekend.  i've been bz with summer camp and school all summer so i've not had time for anything.  i'm taking a break from my proposal (which is due tonight) so thought i'd check in.

it's my 34th bday on sun.  can u believe it?  i know I can't.  i've no plans and honestly, i'd rather not do anything.  my bro texted me earlier that my sil wants to have ppl over sat night for my bday or maybe we can go out for dinner....is it bad that i simply do not want to do anything?  my sil's bday was a week ago and unlike me, she likes a big celebration.  although appreciative, i really do c the fuss in making a big ordeal if ppl just want to get together.  plz, don't make my bday an excuse.  if u want to hang out and host a dinner--plz do so but not on the account of my bday.  do i bc u want to...my bday just happens to be the same day. eh.

we're heading to my sis' in philly the first week of sept.  i will finally get to see my adorable nephew!  can't wait. 

i've been keeping up with my food logs but my workouts have been kaput. I've not worked out all summer...or since May really.  It's bad.  I'm stressed to the max with work and school but hopefully after this week i'll be able to get back to my regular workout schedule. let's hope so. blah.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 28, 2015, 11:46:03 AM »
It feels like forever since I've been on here.  Well, probably bc it has.  If I think about it not much has changed or happened but at the same time there definitely is change.

Things at home have been eh, OK.  We were looking to buy a house...but long story short, it didn't go through.  The homeowners are idiots!  They bought their house for $119,000 put in a sprinker system and decided to put the house up for $150,000.  I don't remember the exact lot size but it definitely was not worth the $150,000 they were asking.  Granted it was fairly new (6 yrs).  Anyway, we didn't bite as they had hoped and have put house hunting on the back burner.

I finally saw my adorable nephew labor day weekend.  My brother, SIL, and three other friends went to visit my sister and her family in Philly that weekend.  It was a short trip but I really only went so I could see and spend time with my nephew.  Too bad he was sick with an ear infection the entire time but he's so good, you'd not know he was sick unless you were told.  Everyone spent most of the time shopping.  It was definitely different from my other trips when I go out to visit them. 

HNY was good.  I improvised with my hmong outfit and it worked out well.  Got some new jewelry, met some new ppl, and ate some good food.  The weather was AWESOME too!  Couldn't have asked for a better ny! O0

I'm in my last year of school and just started my second class for this fall.  My first class is a continuation of my Applied Research Project which I've had to submit my proposal I've drafted last week.  This second class is a Financ and Governance class of institutions in higher education.  I have a case study due in two or three weeks and a research paper due at the end of the semester not to mention my final proposal I have to submit.  I can't believe I will be graduating next May!  OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

So recently I've been VERY stressed!  Y?  My supervisor has finally announced her departure from our program.  Her husband has taken a job........... ...in NC.  She's been very honest with me from the beginning when they had him go down for training at the end of summer.  He's been home a total of two weeks since then.  At that point nothing was certain up until last week.  They are trying to sell their house now (which they just bought last year) and she has been looking for a job.  As soon as one of those things happens she is set to go or will leave at the end of the semester at the latest.  So y am I stressed?  She has approached me and encouraged that I apply for her director position.  I have thought about it but the more that this is becoming real I more I am nervous.  Grant year is coming up and I am honestly not confident in my writing skills.  I don't want to mess up this grant and have our program go under or get denied.  That's A LOT of pressure!!!  There are many other things I know administrative ly I have yet to experience or learn thus I have doubts whether or not I can do the job.  Yes, I am definitely lacking confidence right now but more than anything I am simply scared.  Fortnately, after my mental breakdown in her office yesterday (and meeting with a mentor and colleague) I was very surprised and flattered that many automatically assumed I'd step up to the plate.  My supervisor assured me that everyone behind me is supportive and wanting me to take the next step.  Again, that's A LOT of pressure.  I feel like the the whole world is literally on my shoulders...an d if I drop it.....BAM, it's over!  If anything, I am scared but I really don't want to disappoint anyone.

I also have one dilema.  The assistant director has been here since forever.  He was even here when I was a student in the program.  I know this is something I have to get over but I still see myself inferior to him.  Although we are colleagues I do what I am expected of and he does the same.  My supervisor thinks I will "get over" that if I am the director and in all reality it's not like I'll be pushing him around.  We shared tasks and we use our talents to our advantage.  He's had several tiimes to take the lead but has chosen not to. True. 

Yes, I have a few things to think about indeed.  I am meeting with another colleague who was the former advisor and coincidently, was my tutor when I was a student in the program.  I feel talking to her, who has gone through this same situation, will help me make my decision.  I sure hope so at least. 

*sigh*

On a good note...seeing my sister and nephew again this weekend.  I am picking them up at the airport so we can attend my uncle's funeral this weekend.  It's going to be a long weekend and I'm literally at my sister's service. Eh.  At least I'll see my lil man. :)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 12, 2015, 04:33:37 PM »
Sad but my uncle was put to rest now.  RIP Yawg Laus PC.

I did get to c my nephew and sister since they came for the funeral.  Once again, my nephew was sick with a fever this time.  He was still very good and a happy baby though.  We got to spend some time with my cousins and my niece as well.  It's always good to see them.  I spoiled the heck out of my niece and nephew too.

Update on the job...after several meetings and some reflection, I've decided to take the interim position.  This way I can at least get my feet wet and if things go well I can toss my hat in the bag for the director position.  I'm still hesitant but knowing I have great support behind me I feel more assured about my decision.  O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Advertisements