Advertisement

Author Topic: luvly....is she really?  (Read 224007 times)

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
Re: luvly....is she really?
« Reply #975 on: April 25, 2019, 04:59:11 PM »
Wow, how exciting is that? Would love to go on one, but as for now, you go and tell me about it later.  The bahama sounds like a true vacation, and beautiful to say the least.  Post some pictures so we can enjoy it with you... ;) ;)
Finally on vacay but not heading out until tomorrow to catch our flight out to Miami.  We’ll be staying there for the night and day before heading onto the ship on Sunday.  I still have to pack!  ;D

I def need this trip but in ways it’s causing a bit of anxiety.  If only money grew on trees.  I have already invested so can’t turn back now.  Urgh, just so much I know is coming up with work and with family I feel after I come back from this trip I will get hit with a ton of bricks! Ahhhh!!!   :-[

I don’t post much of pics on here anymore (let alone come on) but we’ll c.  If ur friends with me on FB u will def c—after the cruise.  O0

Hope all is well with you WISG!  8)

Like this post: 0
可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Adverstisement

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 27, 2019, 11:19:06 AM »
 :wave:  Hello!  I just finished  my six week residential summer camp. I am exhausted beyond belief but I have been doing this for the past nine years and nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to working with high school students.  In the next week I will be taking some students to Valleyfair and then the week of my birthday coincidently I will be taking another group, our seniors, to Orlando to Disney World. This summer certainly is a busy one!

Other than that there’s nothing new with me I’m just catching up on my sleep and spending time with my little lady, niece, Cia Siab.  At times I wonder how everyone is doing. You know, the OG PHers.  Since I do not come on as often anymore I have no clue who is who now.   Either way, I hope everyone is healthy and well.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 12:26:43 AM by luvlylisa »

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 27, 2019, 04:41:27 PM »
Hi, Luvlylisa!  I was MIA from PH for a long time also but my crazy boss got let go awhile ago so life has been a lot better for everyone, hence, I'm able to breathe a bit more.  But still, life is busy.  You should come back to PH when you have time.  So many new names though so I don't even know anyone anymore except for the old names.  Hope you are well!

Like this post: +1

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 10, 2019, 10:06:49 AM »
I have started packing for Orlando but I still have to pack my clothes for the week and grab last minute stuff which I will probably do it tomorrow before we leave on Monday. We will be there for a week. I’m taking my seniors on this Orlando trip and we are going to the Kennedy Space Center, Disney World, Clearwater beach, college visits to Savannah College of Art and design and the University of Central Florida.  On our last day we will be stopping by Icon Park n an outlet mall before we head home. It will be all of our first time at Disney World and coincidently we will be at Disney World on the day of my birthday. I don’t want and haven’t been celebrating my birthday ever since I turned 30. Only a few of my staff know that my birthday falls on this week however I do not think anyone knows it  what day my birthday is. I rather keep it that way. I know we will have a lot of fun but I also know that it will be very exhausting. It is also hurricane season so we anticipate the rain even though we are not looking forward to it. I will go prepared!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 11:16:48 PM by luvlylisa »

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 26, 2019, 05:15:29 PM »
Disney World was OK.  Orlando was OK.  Definitely didn't care for the heat and humidity nor did the rain help but at least the students enjoyed what they could have of the experience.

Winding down the last of things for this last part of summer before the college students return and we start hiring for fall semester and ramping up our fall calendar of events.

My room is a mess and I don't care to do anything about it for now. Blah!  ::)

We weren't dating exclusively--just talking.  Although I am a bit disappointed in how it ended I can't really be upset.  If anything, I appreciated what it was at the time and enjoyed what we had.  I've no ill feelings and I've never been one to ask for anything in return nor expect much to begin with.  I don't like being rushed or pushed nor do I do that to others.  I am genuine and sincere n if ppl can't do the same then it's best to part ways when u don't c eye to eye. Thank you but time to move on.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 30, 2019, 01:46:49 PM »
Life.  It's been so hectic that I completely forgot that this weekend is Labor Day weekend and that I have an extra day off.  I even thought it was Wednesday yesterday. ::) Yeah, my mind has been a million places yet I feel like I haven't been anywhere at the same time.

No plans since I didn't even realize it was Labor Day weekend.  if anything, I just want to be alone and have some solitude. That's it. Yep. Kthnxbye.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 04, 2019, 12:07:12 PM »
Goodness Lisa, I didn’t know you still kept this journal. Good job!

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 06, 2019, 12:58:51 AM »
Goodness Lisa, I didn’t know you still kept this journal. Good job!
It is the only thing I kind of come back here for. Otherwise, I poke around elsewhere but since I don’t recognize that many ppl I just troll n leave-I don’t even bother w commenting or posting.

This has been my own selfish way of logging my own thoughts n moments in time so I can come back n c where I have been. That’s all it really is....n a form of therapy but it has been less of that n the last yrs.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 11, 2019, 12:07:06 PM »
Hump day today!  :wav:

Nothing new.  Work and more work.  I swear my new supervisor has me running circles all the time. Urgh!

Anyway, Hmoob New Year is in the next week. I have to clean my jewelry, my room, and figure out what I want to wear this year.  I think I will try something different from what I have in my closet. We'll c.  8)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 11:20:16 PM by luvlylisa »

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 22, 2019, 10:12:20 PM »
It was Hmoob Eat Thirty this weekend here.  Of course it rained both days.  ::) We will never escape the rain no matter if we have it in late Sept or Oct.  Stupid silly but it is the truth.  We can’t hide from it. I mean, at least it didn’t snow this year.  :D

I am glad I got to add several Hmoob earrings to my collection.  If only necklaces and neck-wear/gear wasn’t so expensive n I could actually find something that I liked. SIGH

Being a big girl, I always avoid looking at clothes-especially Hmoob clothes.  What’s the point.  I hate how vendors try to lure u n to buy their goods but sister knows ain’t nothing going to fit me-clothes or jewelry (necklaces, rings, and/or belts).  I don’t think ppl know how much money they can make if they b more inclusive n have big girl/people sizes.  I am loyal n if u have something I know I want, I WILL b loyal as long as u have what I want/need since it’s so hard to find anything that will accommodate my size (n is cute)!  I told a lady today that her rings wouldn’t fit me (nor would her bracelets or belts).  “Oh, tej zaum yeej muaj cov haum ma.”  I tried her ring on my pinky finger bc I knew it was too small (maybe a size 5 or 6...I normally wear a 9/10 bc of my fat fingers).  She was taken aback and was like, “oh, g haum as.”  No duh, lady.  I was trying to tell u that.  She then said to look at her bracelets which I wasn’t even going to bother trying on-no point. I told her jokingly, “peb yog cov nkauj loj loj, nej twb tsis xav txog peb cov loj loj es.  Yog nej xav kom peb yuav mam yuav tsum muaj cov haum haum peb ma.”  All she could say was, “oh yog ma.  Yuav tsum muaj cov haum haum nej tiamsi tsis muaj ne.  Koj lam sim seb cov twg lam haum ma.”  Still trying to get me to try.  ::) I know she was hustling but my gf n I just wanted away to the vendor across to look at other stuff. 

Three vendors down though we found these cute ass Hmong skirts that had elastic waistbands and they were a tad shorter (and quite vibrant in color-which I prefer) which is perfect for the short and stubby me.  Sadly, they were $80 n it was the last stop we made so I had no more cash on me.  My gf n I were trying on several skirts since we saw that they would fit us.  The old lady was sweet but she said she was in STP but didn’t have a store at Hmong Village (or anywhere else) so if I wanted one, I had to get it then and there.  I was a bit disappointed but I have a feeling I will hopefully be able to find them again.  It was my one regret this weekend.  Again, when u r a big person u go to where u not only r accepted but also welcomed n where things r accessible to u.

Overall, HNY was OK.  Less ppl due to weather and not many playing sports like back n the day but it’s still r new year. 

On another note.  Let me just put this out here so I can sleep tonight.  Don’t mind me.

Everyone is struggling in their own way.  We all r writing r own story.  Unless someone asks u to contribute n some way—don’t take their story n pen things n ur narrative.  It’s not ur story to write-heck, it’s not ur story.  U rn’t even n it so y do u feel u r being spoken to?  No one said anything to u nor asked let alone begged u for help.  If anything, we know u don’t want to nor would even offer.  Plz, don’t make this about u bc it was never about u to begin w.

Kthnxbye.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 22, 2019, 10:15:24 PM »
Oh :hello: hi guests.  I c there is/was 6 guests here reading/trolling.  I don’t mind.  I don’t know for what reason u r here for or that u value what I have to say/share but thanks for strolling n. Hope it helps u pass time, learn a few things, share my pain or frustration, and/or entertain u. O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 14, 2020, 07:33:20 AM »
What’s up Doc? Valentines Day today. Nothing new. I’m more excited it is Friday. It’s hella cold out here...-15 degrees today. As much as I don’t want to go outside I will have to go to work. Yeah, work. That’s all that has been consistent w me.

Other updates, my niece is 20 months now n talking a bit. She one trouble maker but so cute at the same time!

Technically, this is a first that I have a valentines this year. Don’t get too excited or it twisted. Just been talking for a month...so it’s far from any relationship or anything. That’s all I will say for now.  O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 18, 2020, 01:47:24 PM »
Life has been complicated in the last month.  COVID-19 pandemic definitely has thrown everyone for a loop and if ppl can just stay their arses at home and wear masks....no worry about their darn seat at the bar, nails, or hair and rather their lives then we'd be in a better state.

Anyway, I am job searching at the moment.  I never thought I'd be ending my time with my students but work has been toxic and although I wanted to have my own say in how I say goodbye to my students I guess I have to be OK with how things are. 

I am just glad that I have been able to keep my integrity when it came to my professional career. That is very important to me and I find it sad that some of my mentors and supervisors have given up themselves for their cushiony seat. Sad. Just sad. Well, on to the next-no one to pay these bills but me.

My niece is two yo now.  She is still a stinker, so sassy but still so cute. Her parents definitely have their hands full when she grows older. She may be quite the rebel. Lil miss princess indeed and her daddy is completely wrapped around her finger but he is quite impatient with her.

I am no longer "talking" to anyone. These guys. I like to have fun too but there is just no substance in anyone. I also may be too old fashioned. In a partner, I am looking for a good companion.  Someone who wants to share their day-to-day, ambitions, fears, and stupid jokes with me. I want more than a friend but I want someone who sees me like their best friend as I would them. Is that too much to ask? Eh, no biggie. I've got other things to worry about before stressing about boys. ::)

Thanks for tuning in. Kthnxbye!  O0 :hello:

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 27, 2020, 01:44:40 PM »
So my Nyab confirmed it.....I will be an auntie to my third niece/nephew around May next year! Yay! I dunno how they will do it w another child..they can’t even handle their princess right now but that’s on them. I’m sure the baby will b a cutie though!

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 10, 2021, 07:13:47 PM »
Got the first dose of COVID vaccine (moderna) at work last week. Won’t be for until the end of the month before I get my second dose.

I am said to go n at least once a week to my office-at least that is what I told my supervisor I’d do once I get vaccinated. I really don’t want to though. ::)

The bro n SIL’s baby will b here n a month. I am excited but not sure the niece is. LOL 😆 

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Advertisements