Advertisement

Author Topic: Have you ever had a girlfriend that her parents gave her away to someone else?  (Read 18929 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
I will share my story and it will definitely come off like I'm touting my own horn but even I can't believe this happened.

To this day I don't know which guy did this and I am quite curious. My mom told me that after I got married (to someone out of state) one of the suitors continued to call the house. My dad informed him every time that I had gotten married. He didn't accept my dad's word so he continued to call until one time he got into an argument with my dad and was crying. He said that he didn't believe a word my dad said. Then my dad had to tell him, "me tub kuv tsis lam dag koj na. Kuv yog nws txiv, ntseeg kuv hais. Kuv dag rau koj es kuv tau dab tsi na?"

I never saw myself as attractive or desirable but even so, I did have a few suitors (in state and out of state). I can't imagine why any of them would continue to call the house, let alone cry and get into it with my dad. Especially since I didn't think any of them really liked me in that way. Back in the day, guys called you up and nothing much happened outside of that. Not like today where boyfriend and girlfriend act more married than married couples.

Anyways, I told my mom that I didn't believe her but she said it was true because she heard the phone calls. I said that I didn't believe any of them were ever that serious about me in that way because none of them had ever said that they love me or even entertained marrying me. I will say that I had strong connections with some of them in a caring way only (not romantically though), but if a guy doesn't actually tell me that he loves me then how the heck am I suppose to know? I can only think of two guys who may be the one since I had the strongest bond with them. One of them was definitely not a romantic interest but we talked everyday and we did care for each other. The other was actually the first love, but I thought he moved on - hence, why I met someone new and got married. Plus, he wasn't the crying type and definitely not someone who would oppose my dad. But interestingly enough, years later he looked me up, and showed up out of the blue to confront me. According to him, we never broke up and I just got married. Well of course we never broke up because I don't think we were ever really a couple so to speak. Not because I didn't appreciate or like him but he never made it clear to me what I was to him.

So lesson learned. If you love someone then you better tell them and also make your true intentions known. Because maybe they love you, too, and is just waiting for you to make the move.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +377
    • View Profile
I never had it, but I do know someone did go through terrible experience of losing he loves. 

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Wow, this is sad if the hmongs are capable of doing this. 

I mean, at least give me an ultimatum so that I can go rob a bank for nam yau $5000 first you know?  At least give me a fighting chance. 

Maybe that is why I only date modern hmong women and they like me because no hmong cultural stuff can rub back at them.   

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements