Advertisement

Author Topic: What is this red dress?  (Read 4571 times)

highway

What is this red dress?
« on: January 20, 2011, 11:13:31 AM »
Ref: Khoua Her
Police officers and paramedics rushed to her apartment and found the bodies of three girls and three boys, ages 5 to 11. The woman, Khoua Her, 24, was lying inside the doorway wearing a fancy red dress. The body of one of the children was behind her.

Don't mean to post up old wounds but is this "red dress" a specific Hmong funeral rite or just something akin to a "co.cktail" dress?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: What is this red dress?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 02:09:25 PM »
Khoua Her was in a Hmong Leng striped dress with a majority of the linings red. The cops and the news pointed out only the dominant color of her dress.

Khoua Her knew that it was typical for the Hmong to cloth the dead with Hmong costumes. She thought she was going to die with her children. She put the costume on and then tried to hang herself. But somehow the suicide attempt failed.  :2funny:

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 01:42:14 AM »
I wouldn't say a crime of passion (and neither did the 12 people in the room) but I suppose each to their own.
I doesn't matter. It's just a personal thing I'm doing. Hmmm, do Hmong people really say that? Can you explain? Thanks.
I don't think it's a laughing matter but thanks for your input.

You don't think a failed suicide is laughable after she has killed all 6 without any problem?

"...

LELIA

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 01:21:02 PM »
Psychologically, I find it hard to correlate and see it as a "crime of passion". She did not seem to be driven by impulse; however, feel free to argue your opinion. I'm all ears.

from my memory,... i thought one of the reason y she killed her kids was because her lover didn't want the kids either.. she would hv to get rid of the kids to be with him... so rather than giving the kids back to their dad.. she decided to kill them to hurt the x also...so that would be a crime of passion wouldn't it?

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 08:46:05 PM »
I'd check the domestic violence calls that the police responded to.  If any of them indicated that harm was being done to the children and the police let it go... LAWSUIT!

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 02:28:08 PM »
Psychologically, I find it hard to correlate and see it as a "crime of passion". She did not seem to be driven by impulse; however, feel free to argue your opinion. I'm all ears.
Thanks. This seems to reiterate something that my mums once said when she had her near death experience. Do you happen to know papers/books that can explain this in details? I would like solid materials (though that is not to say that yours and all comments in this forum is not altogether unreliable).
I don't think anything concerning death is laughable--whether it is a murder/suicide or a mass suicide.

OK. So you don't think so. But I still think it's kind of funny that she managed to kill all 6 kids in one rage but when she finally turned to her, her efforts failed.

Why do you think she didn't put Hmong clothes on the kids?

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 02:28:51 PM »
I'd check the domestic violence calls that the police responded to.  If any of them indicated that harm was being done to the children and the police let it go... LAWSUIT!

I think Khoua Her called 911 herself. By the time the cops got there, the kids have already died. She was struggling.

"...

Fishhead

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 12:13:29 PM »
Hmong rumor said that one of the shaman was encounter by the youngest kid during shaman
ritual. He or she lost touched wiht his or her brothers and sisters on the other side. And the spirite
still wondering at the house where all the kids got murder. The lonesome spirit asked the shaman
to help find his or her brothers and sisters and sent a message back to thier dad.

I guessing must be the kid that the body was behind Khoua Her.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 01:15:53 PM by Fishhead »

Advertisements