Advertisement

Author Topic: Travelin to Fresno for funeral, what else to do for a week there?  (Read 1865 times)

funnieguy

As in the title, I'm gonna be in Fresno, CA for a week for the funeral and wondering what kinda things people usually do there. I've never actually been to California before so it's gonna be an interesting experience for me to say the least. Just some things I'm curious about...

1. PLACES TO EAT - I'm talkin about potential pho shops, decent dining places, flea markets and whatnot. I don't wanna know about the McDonald's down the street.
2. WEATHER - Is it going to be cold there? Coming from Wisconsin and it's barely 20 degrees outside so what can I expect in terms of outerwear.
3. ENTERTAINMENT - I'm not typically a club type of guy but I'm not unfamiliar to it. I wouldn't mind a decent movie theatre or performing arts theatre. I'd prefer not to sit in my hotel room all day watching movies. Hell, a strip club would do even.
4. SHOPPING - I'm prone to overspending sometimes (lol) but I wouldn't mind hitting a decent mall or whatnot to pick up some Cali keepsakes.
5. HMONG THINGS - I wouldn't mind knowin where the typical oriental stores are and picking up things there.
6. TRAFFIC - Eh... I hope it's not bad I guess but I intend to drive around a bit so I hope it's not terrible there like Chicago traffic.
7. PLACES TO SEE - I wanna see the sights too. Heard about nice parks and whatnot there. Hopefully it isn't snowing there where all I see are piles of snow. Wanna gimme a tour? I'll even pay you lol...
8. MISCELLANEOUS - Anything else I'm missing that I should be doing? I don't wanna sit at the funeral place all night but I've done that before lol....

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:25:58 PM by funnieguy »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

92hb_hb

Re: Travelin to Fresno for funeral, what else to do for a week there?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 05:58:20 PM »
if you're going there to do all those things, why go during a funeral.. waste of time..

Jubi

Re: Travelin to Fresno for funeral, what else to do for a week there?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 08:58:29 AM »
Are you going by yourself or with other family? If you're going by yourself and you have no family/friends in Fresno while you attend the funeral than it may feel awkward. Otherwise if you know people down there, they can take you out. Bring a light jacket, Fresno weather is pretty mild but with a lot of fog or rain.

1) First and McKinley for the Pho restaurants, also Kings Canyon Road past the Fairgrounds, they have an asian supermarket and more asian dining, otherwise if you haven't been up north by Herndon Ave they have other cuisines and shopping, but that's a 20 min drive
2) Weather should be in the 40s-high 50s
3) Movie theatres: Regal Cinemas on Shields and Blackstone, or go back north by Herndon, they have a bigger theatre up there...about strip clubs...um you're gonna have to find guys to take you  :P
4) Shopping....Fa shion Faire Mall on Shaw and First or River Park up on Herndon
5) Hmong things...go down Kings Canyon Road, that's like what University Ave is to St Paul
6) Traffic...not as crazy like LA and Chicago...if you have GPS you should be fine
7) Parks...there's Roading and Woodward Park but those are mainly family/picnic type parks...the Zoo is at Roeding Park..but if you want to see the national parks like Yosemite or Sequoia...you'll just see a lot of snow because of higher elevation in the mountains
8 ) Miscellaneous. ...if you know people or know girls you can visit them  :)

As in the title, I'm gonna be in Fresno, CA for a week for the funeral and wondering what kinda things people usually do there. I've never actually been to California before so it's gonna be an interesting experience for me to say the least. Just some things I'm curious about...

1. PLACES TO EAT - I'm talkin about potential pho shops, decent dining places, flea markets and whatnot. I don't wanna know about the McDonald's down the street.
2. WEATHER - Is it going to be cold there? Coming from Wisconsin and it's barely 20 degrees outside so what can I expect in terms of outerwear.
3. ENTERTAINMENT - I'm not typically a club type of guy but I'm not unfamiliar to it. I wouldn't mind a decent movie theatre or performing arts theatre. I'd prefer not to sit in my hotel room all day watching movies. Hell, a strip club would do even.
4. SHOPPING - I'm prone to overspending sometimes (lol) but I wouldn't mind hitting a decent mall or whatnot to pick up some Cali keepsakes.
5. HMONG THINGS - I wouldn't mind knowin where the typical oriental stores are and picking up things there.
6. TRAFFIC - Eh... I hope it's not bad I guess but I intend to drive around a bit so I hope it's not terrible there like Chicago traffic.
7. PLACES TO SEE - I wanna see the sights too. Heard about nice parks and whatnot there. Hopefully it isn't snowing there where all I see are piles of snow. Wanna gimme a tour? I'll even pay you lol...
8. MISCELLANEOUS - Anything else I'm missing that I should be doing? I don't wanna sit at the funeral place all night but I've done that before lol....

Advertisements