Advertisement

Author Topic: College is lonely? anyone?  (Read 29848 times)

Fyou

College is lonely? anyone?
« on: February 05, 2011, 03:57:52 PM »
They said college is like very lonely places...unlik e high school anymore... share your story haha!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

Re: College is lonely? anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 07:54:06 PM »
True.

Back then, when my friends were all partying/marrying, etc.  I was in school and working.  I only partied when I didn't have a huge paper due or an exam to ace.

Now...I'm taking my classes all online and yeah...it's pretty lonely and depressing as well. That's why I come on PH!!! LOL.

NkaujNom

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 12:10:22 AM »
In reference to studying, books, and homework - never lonely with all these accompanying one! :)

Emotionally... quite so. And for the most part... inevitable.

Fyou

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 05:17:28 PM »
True.

Back then, when my friends were all partying/marrying, etc.  I was in school and working.  I only partied when I didn't have a huge paper due or an exam to ace.

Now...I'm taking my classes all online and yeah...it's pretty lonely and depressing as well. That's why I come on PH!!! LOL.

Funny. i like your little story.

Fyou

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »
What's to fear?  Isolation and finding strength along the way will only make you that much stronger, despite being an academic pursuit in this case.  

The world, or a career, can be a lonely place.   ;)

Personally, college was a blast.  I wouldn't change a thing.

there's nothing to fear of but then life gets too lonely...can't help it haha haha

Fyou

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 05:26:47 PM »
In reference to studying, books, and homework - never lonely with all these accompanying one! :)

Emotionally... quite so. And for the most part... inevitable.

hmm still that's boring.... ROFL!

silkstream

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 12:59:18 AM »
They said college is like very lonely places...unlik e high school anymore... share your story haha!

It depends on what your environment and your own personality are like. But I read somewhere that college freshmen rank as one of the loneliest groups, especially around the holidays.

snowpea

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 12:29:04 AM »
College was 10X better than high school.   

buster_me

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 01:13:01 AM »
college are one of the best moments. now that i graduated its so boring and life is so much diff

Like this post: +1

Fyou

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 12:15:55 AM »
College was 10X better than high school.   

Tell me your story ???

Fyou

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 12:16:47 AM »
college are one of the best moments. now that i graduated its so boring and life is so much diff

Yes cauz you're growing old now... same thing to us..

snowpea

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 10:25:04 PM »
Tell me your story ???

Well, basically I went to high school with a bunch of ignorant white people who have never been around Asian people before (even though Fresno was just next door, lol) I was the the typical quiet Asian kid who just stuck to herself and worked hard at school.  Plus, my parents never allowed me to do any extracurricula r activities or hang out with friends and I didn't have a car so life was a bore.  Then I went to college, met some great people including my boyfriend, had the freaken time of my life and the rest is history.  ;)

Lady_Fallin

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 02:23:01 PM »
I haven't made a single friend in college. It's been three years already.  Why?  People are busy. We don't have to time to talk to each other during class, or outside of class for that matters.  Everyone rushes away to their own little corner.

8)

kaiyu

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 12:26:18 AM »
the first 2 years of college is the most fun, 3rd and 4th year it's all about studying and making sure you're graduating on time...lol...s o yeah it will be fun, but later on lonely, but who cares there's always time to have fun.

Json

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 08:41:17 PM »
College is lonely but it doesn't bother me.  I'm not there to make friends, I have plenty already. 

Advertisements